Build of the Week Season 2 Episode 13: Elemental Buzzsaw

"
Startkabels wrote:
Hate the build because everybody is exploiting Spectal Throw.

ST needs to be removed and introduced later with throwing weapons.

ST is totally ruining melee for me.

Looked to me as a means of giving us throwing weapons without actually creating throwing weapons.
Definitely the best build I've tried, it's extremely simple and cheap, and since coil is OP as ****, it's also very tanky.

Downside of course is that, because it's an RT build scaling DPS is very slow after getting the mandatory +WED rolls and you will get stuck at 10-15k DPS, but it's easily enough for soloing 78 maps (<10 mins each). Also full normal atziri takes about 8mins if switch LMP to added cold damage(I personally don't like faster projectiles because they go offscreen and it's hard to make one projectile to hit multiple times in that case).

Don't see why this should be nerfed. It's a lot of fun and very popular but not overpowered. You still need some skill to play it. Not everything that works needs to be nerfed.
Grats Mathil, nice build. Though I prefer elemental buzzclaw:

"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
what I like about this build is when you are bored of using spectral throw you can easily switch to any other skill, lightning strike, molten strike, reave, roa, anything works by switching colors in Lightning Coil and some gems. But nothing beats ST on effectiveness.
Playing with 70-80ms ping, which is causing long loading between zones,
resulting in 2-4 minutes disadvantage in 1 hour races.
(I was wrong, it wasn't a ping issue but something else on GGG side)
I'm confused why do people think this build is gonna be nerfed? or are some people just being salty?
"
WizdomWordz wrote:
I'm confused why do people think this build is gonna be nerfed? or are some people just being salty?

They complain about it because theyre not the ones using it. Its always like that, cant make it work or dont want it to use yourself, demand nerfs.
"
WizdomWordz wrote:

Some people think that spectral throw is too strong. See for example this thread: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/944641/page/1

Personally I do think that spectral throw is a prime example of 'power creep' especially if you compare it to ordinary bow builds. Or compare it to lightning strike...
Last edited by incinerate on Jul 8, 2014, 12:17:57 PM
Had a lot of fun with this in Ambush. Thanks to Mathil for the build and the awesome well-written guide.
IGN: SpoiledSoCalScion / ShadesOfPrey

Austriae est imperare orbi universo / GMT +1
"
incinerate wrote:
"
WizdomWordz wrote:

Some people think that spectral throw is too strong. See for example this thread: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/944641/page/1

Personally I do think that spectral throw is a prime example of 'power creep' especially if you compare it to ordinary bow builds. Or compare it to lightning strike...

LA far exceeds the clearing power of ST (but is nowhere near as good vs atziri) though both really are based around the power of aura amplification, WED and ias.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info