Announcing the One-Month Leagues (and Ambush/Invasion Challenge Winners)

was so ready to come back and play hard in this 1 month, really disappointed and probably wont be playing
http://www.twitch.tv/rhoxxx

follow the stream :)
Well that's a disappointment.

Is it really that difficult to add a HC league?
"
Ownserer wrote:
Would it be possible to increase the death penalty? Like randomly lose an equipped item or something? I understand where the HC players are coming from; you play the game with a different mentality when death is permanent. Maybe a happy medium can be reached!?!?!?!?

I hope nobody yells at me.... Haha

wow some players may lose their 6L chest on that and the drama will be fantastic.

Losing 10% when level 90+ is already really a bad feeling :D

"
RhoxPOE wrote:
was so ready to come back and play hard in this 1 month, really disappointed and probably wont be playing

yes..; But do you have an idea of the mess it will be with Neme+Onslaugh+Invasion in the last 4 days ?
Last edited by Universalis on Jul 7, 2014, 4:28:18 PM
Non-hardcore 1 month league? As someone who doesn't have all the time in the world, unlike some HC players: I'm ok with that.
Last edited by Waswat on Jul 7, 2014, 4:29:29 PM
"
Universalis wrote:
"
Ownserer wrote:
Would it be possible to increase the death penalty? Like randomly lose an equipped item or something? I understand where the HC players are coming from; you play the game with a different mentality when death is permanent. Maybe a happy medium can be reached!?!?!?!?

I hope nobody yells at me.... Haha

wow some players may lose their 6L chest on that and the drama will be fantastic.

Losing 10% when level 90+ is already really a bad feeling :D

I think it would be fun. Keeps things a bit of a gamble when you invest in a good item. Wouln't want to lose the gems too though..
"
NgjnMaster wrote:
"
semblance wrote:
Please add a HC version. Also, add a 5 second delay to logouts for the 1 month.

Chris please! This is just unbearable... :(

+1

I'm in on this :-)

With a delay for logout's players would just add an extra level of caution to what they do. Knowing your able to press esc and click your characters head (on a 1920x1080 the exit to character screen is placed right about where your characters head is)

Don't think this would effect the top 10 very much. But it would be very fun to see the statistics of on average how many QQs each level bracket had
"
ofallcreation wrote:

Chris said himself that invasion was made the way it was to kill the players, hardcore doesn't just mean you become standard when you die (although thats an incredible catch 22 for softcore players) it means that your taking GGG on there challenge.

...and then the balancing of said 'kill the player' league was given to a new guy with little experience that butchered it beyond repair..

I bet that the 'envisioned' invasion was the 'fixed' version people got halfway the league - that was actually very fun but still more than challenging in maps.

original invasion was 'evasion' league and pretty much anyone that have played it attest. dmg numbers were simply stupid. anyone that 'enjoyed' playing it was very good at running away and logging out as these were the only ways of handling some invaders, esp before getting uber gear.

no skill could have saved anyone from totem guy offscreening a player in his 40s with no +max resist and pitfull life pool. only the magic of alt-f4

as long as logout/alt-f4 exist calling poe 'hardcore' is a joke
"
"
RhoxPOE wrote:

yes..; But do you have an idea of the mess it will be with Neme+Onslaugh+Invasion in the last 4 days ?

onslaught was almost unnoticeable in the 4 month, invasion is nerfed but still a challenge and nemesises only hard mods were volatile mods, so i dont see it being that crazy

nothing about the difficulty would change my mind on if i want to play hardcore, ive always said i want a long lethal or blamt league lol
http://www.twitch.tv/rhoxxx

follow the stream :)
Last edited by RhoxPOE on Jul 7, 2014, 4:37:30 PM
Test
Well woulda loved a HC ladder as well but oh well will prolly still play at least till 80.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info