1h Molten strike/Aegis/BoR

Need some help with the tree, also the gear is just for testing, core gear bor/aegis doryani invitation/catalyst

The idea was to run PoF/Hatred/Haste so i can swap haste with grace when needed, but i get more dps with anger.

Right now i got only 12k dps was expecting a bit more, with some WED on ring/amu i can push it to 15k ? also the catalyst have a bad phys roll, with a good a. speed/ele i can push 1-2k more the dps?

Spoiler

Last edited by pelll on Jul 6, 2014, 4:12:11 PM
Hi,

I would try for flat phys on neck and rings, in my personal experience with molten strike it scales best off physical dmg and then secondly off the weapon elemental dmg. I would suggest to try dropping purity of fire and the aura nodes and only switching to purity of fire when you have a really bad reflect map (as that's the time you'll need it most). This frees up some points for more dmg . Also aoe on the balls is not very helpful as it does not really increase their dmg, the way they spread makes it hard to utilize it for more damage. Below are my specc and a revision of yours to consider.

I run a very similar build to yours. However I went non avatar of fire, scaling the physical and the elemental. So attack speed was more important to me than weapon ele dmg.(edited for clarity)

my specc lvl 82
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAnEEsQSzBS0OPBRNFHEY2xo4GtsbrSECIWAl3ycvKLUyfjKJOlI94kCgROdHfkjuSn1MYFBUU99UC1YEVvpX4ljbWfNZ_luvXz9gS2FSZU1noGoeajtuaXKpcrt0QXTtdPF253fleK5673uMfNl9dYTZhO-GYId2kFWVZpuDns2gtKIApKykwqcwp4SoGKvFrKqsr7T5t9O8n76nwBrSIdN-18vdDeOf5FHpfOoY7DjuDu8O707wH_Iv8wb3Mve--Ov7qvzF_ro=

revision for your consideration
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAdwCcQSzBS0LYRRNGYUaOBpsG_okqiXfJy8ppTJ-Mok26DbpOlI9_ETnR35KfU4qU99W-lcNV-JYY1ivWNtZ81uvXz9gS2VNZp5noGoeapNuaXKpdEF07XfleA15aHrvfNmE2YTvh3aMz5BVkc6bg6C0ogCkGaSspMKnhKgYq8WsqqyvtPm2QbvtvJ--ir6nwA_AGsEExtjSIdJN1e3dDeNq45_sOO8O8B_yL_MG8932SPcy-tL8xWo7-6rkUSzpFSBz4V-q94jdRvxOY6d25w==

The major benefits of the changes i made are 48% more weapon ele dmg and 30% more fire weapon ele dmg.

Hope this helps, insight is always good even if we don't always 100% agree on the results =)
Last edited by sycophant13 on Jul 6, 2014, 12:42:34 PM
Thx for the feedback but i would like to keep running 3 auras

15.7k dps with hatred+anger
Last edited by pelll on Jul 6, 2014, 4:15:29 PM
First of all don't use Aegis Aurora. You need some es (~500), maxblock + spellblock and high armor for it. You have none of these so i suggest you to use a Lioneye's Remorse, it will fit the build a lot better.

About your tree, it is ok just you use 6 nodes in the Templar Area just to run Haste which gives you only 17ias, you can get a lot more with these skillpoints. I suggest you to run Haste+Determination (swap with PoF in reflec maps) and use a tree like this:

or

You will have about 15k armor (without flask) whats pretty decent. You should link a low level cwdt with enduring cry and echo so will have perma 4-5 endurance charges (depending on bandit reward) up. You should always have a ruby flask with you in case you encounter an ele reflec mob.

About your gear you should aim for +phys dmg on rings and your amulet. Try also to get some more armor and/or evasion on your gloves and boots. Level your gems and quality them. Link your ele weakness with enhance and your vaal haste with increased duration. All this should give a nice damage boost.

edit: added another possible skill tree.
Last edited by kurt_hustle_ on Jul 6, 2014, 4:46:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info