This is not Diablo...

While this game has similarities I have noticed some odd posts besides mine. First hopefully GGG can agree with me on this, there will never, ever be a Auction House, EVER.

I am surprised and I know this for a fact many of you come from Diablo 2 and some of you also play World of Warcraft, have had this injection of Anti Social behavior. Meaning instead of contacting someone for an item to purchase or sell you rather just have no contact at all and have a seamless transaction. I am so against this...

I like path of exile because it has a sense of community and chivalry. Adding an AH will demoralize the community and cause an economic headache. It's been a few years and SFL will also not happen... Go play a console game where fairness is non-existent ;P.

The pricing for cosmetic effects are spot on. Do you really want everyone with wings? Theres a sense of ownership when you work hard for your money and can afford a cosmetic effect. Now if you are the type of person that can not afford $20-$60 perhaps your priorities in life are not set or you might just have bad luck with money.

Everyones financial situation is none of my business but unless you're some kind of financial guru like Suzie Orman don't belittle or demand GGG to raise or lower their prices. They in my opinion deserve every penny that comes their way. In the end their priorities are in a straight line are yours?
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by solwitch on Jul 4, 2014, 2:07:14 PM
agreeed with every point.
Game is designed around the trade, and the actual trade is very bad.

I would to prefer a self found league or a new design what is not around the trade, but self craft for example.

PoE is an extreme capitalistic game atm, and balance is around it, so an AH is needed.
IGN: SeaLaser
Sea Builds, Characters, Shops, Links & Records:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/972683/
Good to see you back, Sol. Stirring the pot as always.
to the people who say that trading is mandatory to progress to high level maps, thats pure bullshit.

also, you whine that trading is too efficient?

think about it, f.e. 10k people play and they all trade the stuff they find do you really expect to find better stuff compared to that player amount?

if you buff drops then nothing will change because everyone will have increased drops, so its fckn senseless
You're right, it's better :D
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
There doesn't have to be something called an 'AH' to have that same negative effect on the game.
For the record; I do not want an AH.

On the other hand: Trading as it is now, is almost the same as an AH; Set prices at xyz (called "B/O" for some strange reason). There is no haggling. There is no bartering. Pay the price, or GTFO. The only interactions between players are: "Hey, you still have that XXX for XX ex?" -> Invite to A1N. Finished -> "TYFT". Why are these two sentence so important to keep?
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
solwitch wrote:

I am surprised and I know this for a fact many of you come from Diablo 2 and some of you also play World of Warcraft, have had this injection of Anti Social behavior. Meaning instead of contacting someone for an item to purchase or sell you rather just have no contact at all and have a seamless transaction. I am so against this...

Are you implying D2 had an auction house?

D2 trading was harder than PoE trading. You had to scour massive lists of games or make trade games and just see who joined and what they had. Complete opposite end of the spectrum.
IGN: HotnessEverspleen
"
Do you really want everyone with wings?

No, i want no one with wings, seraph armor or elite armor because they jsut look bad and dont fit the art of path of exile

and the prices for microtransactions are way over the top, if i would have to feed a family i wouldnt buy them at all

Edit: The Diablo 3 auction house was awsome, maybe even the best thing about the game, it was always enjoyable to earn some $ while playinga game
I'm a savage, I'm a king
I fought deceivers
I conquered evil
Last edited by StormHunter on Jul 4, 2014, 3:09:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info