crit arc/ball lightning lvl 40 and 50

i play mmorpgs, i has no home in them right now since i quit maplestory. i just bounce around games for now and wait for the big mmo to bring in the community. stay sane exile in the lake of the great depression.

check out my utube, MckaiserDragon.
Last edited by Mckaiser on Jul 10, 2014, 9:33:44 PM
ball lightning would have been good and dps comparable to some other spellcasters but since Spell Echo now it is half as good as any other casters you can imagine.

GG GGG. these ppl have no fuckin idea how to design cool abilities, not to mention the crappy aesthetics. ppl asked for piety ball lightning instead they got an underwhelming, crappy little ball with lightning sparkles on it that doesnt look half as cool as piety's attack and does less damage than incinerate linked with added chaos damage
Last edited by shdwknght on Jul 5, 2014, 1:30:53 PM
lol yeh ball lightning is a bit weak but i find it to be enjoyable for a lightning skill. i hope to get Spell Echo soon to test it out.
i play mmorpgs, i has no home in them right now since i quit maplestory. i just bounce around games for now and wait for the big mmo to bring in the community. stay sane exile in the lake of the great depression.

Ouch... That is really low on life nodes. I try to aim for 200% life or I find it's a failure. Even with ranged builds you need more than just 100%ish. i'd say 170-180% life or energy shield as a minimum requirement in standard for ranged builds.
There is grief in wisdom, there is sorrow in truth
Yet, the heart of the wise is in the house of mourning
And by sad countenance the heart is made stonger in time
So, I embrace this burden and weep for the fools that chase the wind
I think Ball Lightning scales better with cast speed and increased AOE rather than crit, until very, very, very lategame when you can afford the sickest of all gears.

For the new month league im planning to do this: (c&p from my notes)

Spoiler
1.) Skilltree:

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYAc7PwaxXn1U_ed4w2pJETni-df8Yc3C1HUEImPBbzbRnB86KjPV9SU4-mLR-XlZf0Va5Eqyyc3YzgEo0ZB6UC40my37CCEPPdGmynCNgkNsUfAilP5CJgbd3zXca1BEbX73yDOJ2An988BXYRfq_k7MG00NCPRu5vZ72boaw_HpTcV5MnRZ2a4Hqq6-64k9sLgh4nqSQ8Wm1JUadctKM2e0k7j_rsGFXGz2XjajbpJKoZhRo47DiQVaeEVUtteyaVogAUTQSz8B8CcfF2na4=

2.) Bandits:

Oak - Alira - None

3.) Gear:

Head: RGBB : CWDT 1/?? - Arctic Armour 10/20 - Increased AOE 20/?? - Conductivity 1/??

+70 Life
Resists

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gloves RRRR : CWDT 15/?? - Immortal Call 15/?? - Enduring Cry 15/?? - Increased Duration 15/??

+70 Life
Resists

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boots BBBR : Discipline 20/?? - Clarity 20/?? - Purity of Elements/Fire/Lightning 20/?? - Reduced Mana 20/0

+70 Life
+20% Movement Speed
Resists

Chest BBBGB + B Cloak of Defiance : Ball of Lightning 20/20 - Spell Echo 20/20 - Faster Casting 20/20 - Slower Projectiles 20/0 - Increased AOE 20/20 and/or Lightning Pen 20/20

Amulet :

+10% Cast Speed
+Dex
+70 Life

optional

Resists
+Spell Damage

Rings x2 :

+70 Life
+Dex
Resists

+Cast Speed
+Spell Damage

Belt: Doriany's Invitation (Lightning!)

Mainhand Divinarius BRB : Lightning Warp 1/0 - Reduced Duration 20/0 - Faster Casting 20/0

Offhand Crest of Perandus or Rathpith Globe or Lioneyes Remorse: Cast on Death - Portal - ??

4.) Gems rewards:

Spell Echo + CWDT: A3M A Fixture of Fate/Library Quest x3
Arctic Armour: A1N
Conductivity: A2N
Increased AOE: Purchase x2 or Witch
Immortal Call: Purchase x1
Enduring Cry: Purchase x1
Increased Duration: A1C Shadow / A2C Witch
Discipline: A1C
Clarity: A1N
Purity of Elements: A1C
Purity of Lightning: A2N
Purity of Fire: A3N
Ball of Lightning: A1C
Faster Casting: x 2 A2C A3C A1M A2M
Slower Projectiles: Purchase x1
Lightning Pen: Purchase x1
Portal: Purchase x1
COD: A3C

5.) Purchases:

Cloak of Defiance 5L ~ 2-4ex
Divniarius ~1-2ex
Belt ~1ex
Offhand ~ 2c - 2ex
CWDT x2 ~ 10-20c
Portal 10c
Increased AOE 2-6c
Slower Projectiles 1c
Lightning Pen 1c
Enduring Cry 1f
Immortal Call 1f

6.) High-End

Pledge of Hands
Shavs + ES Respec
Andvarius + Good Res Gear

Im doing it from witch or shadow, not sure yet, have to compare cast animations which I like better. ;)

Hope this helps, cheers.
Last edited by 4r3ndur on Jul 8, 2014, 1:07:18 AM
"
Ouch... That is really low on life nodes. I try to aim for 200% life or I find it's a failure. Even with ranged builds you need more than just 100%ish. i'd say 170-180% life or energy shield as a minimum requirement in standard for ranged builds.

thx for the help. i like to go low life in normal and cruel till act 3 cause its still kind of easy to survive.

"

thx for the help. i like to go low life in normal and cruel till act 3 cause its still kind of easy to survive.

i just wanna crit and shock stack everything. i just need a way to stop ele reflect. i planned to do that with a totem.

you cant shock in endgame with fast, small amounts of lightning damage, hell i couldnt even shock most mobs even in early game when i tested my own crit lightning ball build and i had over 20 spell dmg/ele dmg/lightning dmg nodes.

shock is based purely on the damage of each lightning hit, and lightning ball's damage is coming from the frequency of hits, not the damage. even with shock duration increase passives it wont work
Last edited by shdwknght on Jul 9, 2014, 12:15:00 PM
"
shdwknght wrote:
you cant shock in endgame with fast, small amounts of lightning damage, hell i couldnt even shock most mobs even in early game when i tested my own crit lightning ball build and i had over 20 spell dmg/ele dmg/lightning dmg nodes.

shock is based purely on the damage of each lightning hit, and lightning ball's damage is coming from the frequency of hits, not the damage. even with shock duration increase passives it wont work

im shocking monsters nicely now after getting static blows and chance to shock. and using ele prolif gem is nice too. not sure about end game going to see how it goes then. any tips to help me out?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info