Do Bows need arrows?

Do you need to have arrows to use the bow ? Because i noticed in a video that you can use a bow without having any arrows in your inventory :/
nope

There are quivers but you dont need arrows.
Last edited by Kabraxis on Sep 30, 2011, 9:10:51 PM
So you will need arrows in the future?Or else why would you have the case if you dont need arrows ? :)

Thanks for the reply.
Ranged weapons (like bows) have unlimited ammunition. No need to stockpile arrows. Quivers are used just to give you more mods.
Forum Sheriff
That answers my question ,thank you for your reply :)
Interesting balance- I hate needing stacks of arrows, but I completely get using a quiver to set arrow type (mods). Archers rule!
Similar to jewelry, each type of quiver gives a different implicit bonus to your bow attacks. Quivers can be magic, rare, or unique but have no gem sockets.

For example, this Simple Quiver always gives +accuracy.
Unavailable
Forum Sheriff
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
tpapp157 wrote:
Similar to jewelry, each type of quiver gives a different implicit bonus to your bow attacks. Quivers can be magic, rare, or unique but have no gem sockets.

For example, this Simple Quiver always gives +accuracy.
Unavailable

The only problem i can see is that if i remember correctly (not a beta member and not trolling) shields/off-hands on other classes have gems sockets. I understand that rangers are... ranged. From what I've seen they have great dps but little survivability (ei: glass-cannon) but doesn't the lack of gem socket on quivers put them at a disadvantage at end game lvls? I planned to try the ranger out anyway (still do) but this seems like a possible issue. Please ignore me if I'm wrong.
┻━┻ ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Friends Don't Leave Friend's Tables Flipped
Last edited by Ocyrus on Oct 1, 2011, 1:37:24 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Not really - bows are two-handed weapons, and two-handed melee weapons are in the same boat for this - except they don't even get quivers (scabbards/sheathes/grips have been suggested for equivalent functionality, incidentally).
I have wandered through insanity;
I have walked the spiral out.
Heard its twisted dreamed inanity
In a whisper, in a shout.
In the babbling cacophony
The refrains are all the same:
"[permutations of humanity]
are unworthy of the name!"
that's nice to know

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type