GGG devs, please give us some info on Ball Lightning mechanics - questions inside

"
ComradeSerge wrote:
1) Does that also apply to all 3 balls cast from one cast when using LMP (and supposing we don't use spell echo)? I.e. of the 3 balls, can only 1 of them hit a single target every 200 ms, or can each of them hit the target once every 200 ms?
This is per volley - all balls launched at the same time from the same "firing" strike as one - the same as the non-shotgunning restriction against hitting the same target on Ethereal Knives and projectile attack skills.
"
ComradeSerge wrote:
2) When using spell echo (and no LMP or GMP), does the 200 ms limit also count for both balls together, or for each separately?
Each is fired separately, they have their own check.
"
ComradeSerge wrote:
3) Is there a limit to the amount of targets a single ball can hit at one time? I suppose the answer is yes. If so, what is that number?
No. It hits everything in range.
"
ComradeSerge wrote:
4) Related to the former question, is it sensible to use LMP (with echo, ofc) for better AoE clear, or is using just 1 ball with echo superior to it?
That depends on all kinds of other factors.
"
Natharias wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
ComradeSerge wrote:
1) Does that also apply to all 3 balls cast from one cast when using LMP (and supposing we don't use spell echo)? I.e. of the 3 balls, can only 1 of them hit a single target every 200 ms, or can each of them hit the target once every 200 ms?
This is per volley - all balls launched at the same time from the same "firing" strike as one - the same as the non-shotgunning restriction against hitting the same target on Ethereal Knives and projectile attack skills.
"
ComradeSerge wrote:
2) When using spell echo (and no LMP or GMP), does the 200 ms limit also count for both balls together, or for each separately?
Each is fired separately, they have their own check.
"
ComradeSerge wrote:
3) Is there a limit to the amount of targets a single ball can hit at one time? I suppose the answer is yes. If so, what is that number?
No. It hits everything in range.
"
ComradeSerge wrote:
4) Related to the former question, is it sensible to use LMP (with echo, ofc) for better AoE clear, or is using just 1 ball with echo superior to it?
That depends on all kinds of other factors.

So basically every 0.2 seconds it damages all targets within range?
I'm pretty confidant each thing still has a random time offset. the 0.2 seconds is per target, so that not everything is being hit at the same time. And of course because both the balls and the targets move, it wouldn't anyway, but this means they aren't even for things that start in range.
This makes it look better, perform better (not playing all the effects at the same time) and reduces burst damage from reflect auras.

Any given thing will be hit once every 0.2 seconds while it's in range of the ball (or any ball in the volley, in the case of multiple projectiles). But not every thing will be hit at the same time within those 0.2 seconds.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jul 4, 2014, 1:21:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info