Flasks Sound Asset

Hey guys, I'll try give my best explanation, I'm not a programmer so this is only my understanding of the problem.

Soooo the item sound system wasn't designed with flasks in mind, It will trigger the item sound when an item is re-serialized. This actually happens to a flask every time you use it, which means the item sound would play every time you hit a flask. I think It would also occur when flasks gain charges to a point where the visual changes in the UI.

Sometime early on, years ago, someone decided to hold off on adding a sound until we could sort out the system to account for flasks, and have the sound trigger at only appropriate times. It should have been a temporary thing, but this type of problem tends to become very low priority when our programmers are hard at work sorting out major content (which is almost always!)

If memory serves, the last time we looked into this it got to a point where the solution was too complex to implement (At least with the work load at that time) it involved changing the way the client and server communicated about certain items.

It will eventually be fixed, but I can't give you a timeline.
The audio guy.
"
Andrew_GGG wrote:
Hey guys, I'll try give my best explanation, I'm not a programmer so this is only my understanding of the problem.

Soooo the item sound system wasn't designed with flasks in mind, It will trigger the item sound when an item is re-serialized. This actually happens to a flask every time you use it, which means the item sound would play every time you hit a flask. I think It would also occur when flasks gain charges to a point where the visual changes in the UI.

Sometime early on, years ago, someone decided to hold off on adding a sound until we could sort out the system to account for flasks, and have the sound trigger at only appropriate times. It should have been a temporary thing, but this type of problem tends to become very low priority when our programmers are hard at work sorting out major content (which is almost always!)

If memory serves, the last time we looked into this it got to a point where the solution was too complex
to implement (At least with the work load at that time) it involved changing the way the client and server communicated about certain items.

It will eventually be fixed, but I can't give you a timeline.

Thank you very much for the reply.
Now I got the information I wanted.I'll patiently wait as long as needed. You guys made a wonderful game and I'll keep supporting you every time I can.
The thread fulfilled it's scope and can be closed.
This is the Internet and we have a saying, women are men, men are men and the little girls are FBI agents.
Thanks for the status update.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info