Pledge Of Hands staff

"
Veruski wrote:
[Removed by Support]

[removed by support]

Max possible spell damage on a staff is 160%, then add up to 22% cast speed, 100+% spell crit chance, 30% damage of an element of your choice, and you're still left with a prefix and a suffix for whatever floats your boat. Oh and of course all that can be done on a staff with 18% block implicit.

As with most uniques, this is better than an average rare, but no where near as good as a top end rare. Not even close.
Last edited by Sam on Jul 7, 2014, 11:39:22 PM
"
Veruski wrote:
[Removed by Support]

I don't get your point.

Staff that does up to 190% ele spell damage with 22% cast speed, +gem levels, and 100% spell crit chance with 18% implicit block. If you think anyone needs to mathematically prove that beats a 120% spell damage staff with mana and a free support gem, you're out of your mind. [removed by support]
Last edited by Sam on Jul 7, 2014, 11:39:07 PM
First of all, Pledge rolls up to 160% spell damage.

Second of all, overleveled echo gem provides additional "more" cast speed.

Third of all, Pledge gets a free link.

Note that I'm not arguing that pledge is better or worse than anything atm. I'm pretty neutral.

You, though, are claiming conclusively that one thing is better than another, with no evidence.

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Bex_GGG on Jul 3, 2014, 6:00:10 PM
this staff is to be judged as 6Link and non-6Link separately

it is like with Marohi. that extra link is REALLY important only in 6Link

and when 6Linked this staff is absurd.

anyone who toyed with Echo gem probably already realizes how much that 79% MORE cast speed (lvl 30 echo) with effectively REDUCED mana cost mean (yes, mana consumption effectively goes down with Echo due to the second cast being free and mana multiplier being very low)

spells that are barely sustainable in 5Link with Faster Casting can go up to 6Link with Echo replacing FC.

if anything this staff looks like Freeze Pulser wet dream. +2 gems is ofc nice from taryns however as Empower is already mandatory support for endgame spells one can get the same setup as in taryns (+/- one +1skills from empower) but with free lvl30 echo.

these staves - when 6Linked - shall reach mjolner and windripper prices. easily.

btw - 6% block means nothing. 100%+ mana + Cloak of Defiance + Voideye + Arctic Armor >> 6% block

Last edited by sidtherat on Jul 3, 2014, 2:15:51 PM
at first glance, excellent feedback post.
ridiculous.
Noblesse oblige
With a +2/1 staff, corrupted gems, you hit what, lvl 28(?). While PoH gets 24. On phone so can't look it up, but what's the % base dmg difference?

You are also losing around 200% crit chance. Which is a LOT. As well as a ton of spell dmg.

It's a good staff, but losing the gem levels is really really rough.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
With a +2/1 staff, corrupted gems, you hit what, lvl 28(?). While PoH gets 24. On phone so can't look it up, but what's the % base dmg difference?

Wiki doesn't go up to 28 on FP which I think is the canonical example. The difference between 23 and 27 I already stated to be about 35%. It's probably similar for 24 - 28.

"
SL4Y3R wrote:
You are also losing around 200% crit chance. Which is a LOT. As well as a ton of spell dmg.

It's a good staff, but losing the gem levels is really really rough.

You also gain more cast speed multiplier, and a link.

The fact that a unique staff is even comparable to a BiS rare is embarrassing.
It's not comparable to a best in slot rare. Not even close. I would love for someone to work out the *exact* math though. Vs another staff and 1h/shield.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
It's not comparable to a best in slot rare.

prove it, or you're talking out of your ass.

my intuition, which is generally pretty strong about these things, is roughly equating the 7th link with the difference in gem level.

the cast speed multiplier is going to roughly equal out the cast speed on a 1h/staff.

so literally all that leaves to "pull ahead" with, on the rares, is spell damage/crit multi.

that's absolutely comparable. especially considering in a 4-month league, you aren't going to have any perfect rare staves...or perfect rare wands...you might have a perfect rare shield (there is one in Ambush....Pledge of Hands though, will be readily available.

i could quite easily be wrong. this is just my hunch.

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Bex_GGG on Jul 3, 2014, 5:49:36 PM
i know it 'means nothing' but current standard price of this staff is 70ex

and i tend to believe 'the market' as people that play it do it for real money so they mostly know what they are doing

that new ring goes for token 1ex already

and im pretty sure that ring shall go for less and staff quickly rise to mjolner levels as people are still not so familiar with just HOW SICK that lvl 30 echo is in a 6link

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info