Pledge Of Hands staff

at first glance, it looks like GGG went all-out with this one.
ridiculous.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
at first glance only.

peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
johnKeys wrote:
at first glance, it looks like GGG went all-out with this one.
ridiculous.

Care to elaborate? Looks alright but not too powerful. What's the issue?
I dont think it can beat the old good wand+shield combo.
"
marco150 wrote:

I don't even think it can beat a top tier rare staff unless you're having serious mana issues or you're hellbent on saving the socket with a non qual high level echo.
almost nobody plays with a staff anyway, just because wand( or scepter ) + shield is definately superior.
IGN TylordRampage
[Removed by Support]

It's just a 5 link anyway.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Jul 3, 2014, 11:46:25 AM
Looks like a softcore only item to me. In my experience standing still without a shield is a good way to see a resurrect in town button pop up. I guess it depends how fast level 30 echo is.
When I kill a man he stays dead.
"
Boem wrote:
at first glance only.

Indeed.

If spell echo was not introduced as a support gem it would be amazing by unlocking something no one else can replicate. But spell echo was released so basically it has the following advantages:

1) Extra mana
2) Potential for 7 link.

Reasoning behind this:

Spell damage is on par with what a 1h and shield can do, no significant winner on either side there.
Level 30 spell echo is level 20 + 10% faster cast, in which faster casting can spawn on the 1h weapons casters care about in higher values.
More mana than you would normally be able to get out of the 1/2 slots.

And if you have a 6 link, you can in all effectively have a 7 link. It'll basically only be good in the scenario that the 7 link is significantly more powerful than a 1h + shield combo. I guess it's also a good budget staff, too because you can easily 4 socket/4 link it for a 5 link, or get easier access to a 6 link...

Overall, it's a good unique, but there's a lot that will outperform it. I doubt there will be any builds where it's BIS. If there are any, it'll probably be a MOM/EB/AA build to push that mana even higher.
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
marco150 wrote:

I don't even think it can beat a top tier rare staff unless you're having serious mana issues or you're hellbent on saving the socket with a non qual high level echo.

you realize 30/0 Echo >>> 20/20 Echo?

Also, numbers/citation/justification needed for the rest of this.

tons of badposting in this thread.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info