Is Grinding Gear Games doing anything about the desync issues?

they just cant fix it, you need to play a build, that can surive not leeching for at least 2-3 seconds.
"Path of nurfs" - LVL 100 + LVL 100 + LVL 100 ENDGAME REAVER
"1.3.0 Path of nurfs 3. expansion"
Shops: 1031762,774343,883462,371756,1091096,1099789,1260674
Reaver Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/velo1337/videos
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
They are not that small anymore with 30+ employees, no.
They have issues getting qualified employees over in NZ, yes.

It's their approach that makes the desync situation only a small, incremental progress. They can't approach the problem at it's roots without altering the game integrity or mechanics. So they try to fix symptoms instead, approaching skill and level design itself. It's lengthy and not as effective as approaching the problem at it's roots.

30+ in game development on the scale of PoE, an international online game, is definitely small.

They could hire 300 and still not be considered big.
My vision for a better PoE: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/863780
"
Gobla wrote:
30+ in game development on the scale of PoE, an international online game, is definitely small.

They could hire 300 and still not be considered big.

Well, I guess that could also be true.

However I have no idea how their team is set and how they need to balance their expenses considering the payment model chosen. I guess it is only up to them to know how much resources they can add in what extend. :P
I think they can't fix it, because it goes against their idea of ARPG.
I would to make an ARPG without desync or rmt, but I'm not a programmer. : )

Well

To reduce desync there is the new pair of boots, look at:

Kaom's Roots Titan Greaves

- No Movement Speed
- Armour 200 and More
- Has no Sockets
- Lot of Life
- No Desync
IGN: SeaLaser
Sea Builds, Characters, Shops, Links & Records:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/972683/
Last edited by RoyalStar on Jul 3, 2014, 9:35:25 AM
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/889669
Noblesse oblige
"
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/889669
"
Chris wrote:

At this stage it looks like the biggest gains will come from improving the resync code so that it rapidly and reliably resyncs the combat situation if things get too desynchronised.

There's your answer: No, GGG is not planning on doing much more to prevent desync, they're focusing on how to make resync work better. So you can expect desyncs to continue to occur as usual, unless you take steps to minimize them during the course of your own gameplay.
Last edited by RogueMage on Jul 3, 2014, 3:04:45 PM
OP says stop working on microtransactions, and focus on working on desync. How exactly are the artists supposed to help with desync?

OP talks as though desync isn't being worked on. However, there has been several posts over the past while discussion specific and general changes / improvements to client server sync.

If the OP wants to know about what is being done about desync, above is a large general post. Scattered around the forums and reddit are more.

Does desync suck? YES!
Has it been getting better? Yes.
Is it slow and Frustrating? Yes.
Will it continue getting better? Yes, but slowly.
Will complaining about it being a slow process speed it up? No.
Will it ever be entirely eliminated? Of course not. There will always be discrepancy due to latency between the local computer and the server.

I do wish GGG had huge resources to throw at desync, but they don't. I wish it was something that we saw larger improvements to over shorter time spans, but unless someone throws them a quick 100mil...it ain't gonna happen.
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?
"
MaxTheLimit wrote:
OP says stop working on microtransactions, and focus on working on desync. How exactly are the artists supposed to help with desync?

OP talks as though desync isn't being worked on. However, there has been several posts over the past while discussion specific and general changes / improvements to client server sync.

If the OP wants to know about what is being done about desync, above is a large general post. Scattered around the forums and reddit are more.

Does desync suck? YES!
Has it been getting better? Yes.
Is it slow and Frustrating? Yes.
Will it continue getting better? Yes, but slowly.
Will complaining about it being a slow process speed it up? No.
Will it ever be entirely eliminated? Of course not. There will always be discrepancy due to latency between the local computer and the server.

I do wish GGG had huge resources to throw at desync, but they don't. I wish it was something that we saw larger improvements to over shorter time spans, but unless someone throws them a quick 100mil...it ain't gonna happen.

Ah that good 'ol wishful white knight smell. Desync is here to stay and it's not getting any better unless GGG can hire some people who are capable of dealing with it.

They might as well make a new manifesto telling everyone 'we did our best now stop bitching about it' lol.
You can tell what you want, but almost all of my racing deaths came from desync. Just today in 2hr fracturing race, i died at rank 1 in climb cause i killed big skeleton pack on the hill where Ironpoint skeleton is, and tried to run past fractured mobs. Three times in a row i got resynced into my original position and i died. And please dont tell me: ,,I should have known that i will get desynced". Just dont.
...„kokot“, „piča“ a „jebať“. Tři důvody, proč mám rád slovenštinu. - najlepší český výrok 2014
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:

Ah that good 'ol wishful white knight smell. Desync is here to stay and it's not getting any better unless GGG can hire some people who are capable of dealing with it.

They might as well make a new manifesto telling everyone 'we did our best now stop bitching about it' lol.

Have you actually read any of the posts I've made? I've acknowledged my fair share of issues with the game, and my wishes for various improvements. If you are gonna throw around your derogatory bullshit comments, at least perform the due diligence. Stop being so lazy! Get a job! Wipe the crap off your shoes! Shave that skeezy patchy-ass beard! Clean the house.
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info