Beta Keys Idea

Why not give everyone that makes an account on this site a beta key? Having too many beta players would be understandable, but on the other hand, how many of these accounts are just multiples made by people to have a better chance at a key? I think that many people here would make good use of a key, such as finding and reporting bugs/glitches etc... We need beta keys to help make this game everything that it can and will be.

"Lightning. It flashes bright, then fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys."
Better idea: Give beta keys to ACTIVE FORUM USERS FIRST.

edit: The reason they aren't simply allowing everyone into beta atm is due to server capacity. They need to up that first, but they should be giving keys to the people that are spending hours on the forums, they will give better feedback than rotting emails.
Last edited by HardDiction on Sep 30, 2011, 7:23:19 PM
That's another good idea. I just found this game on youtube but I'm planning on spending hours on here educating myself on the game, updates, and everything I'll need to help make this game awesome.
"Lightning. It flashes bright, then fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys."
Being an active member of a forum does not make you any more capable of finding or correcting problems with the game. Seriously, any idiot can use a forum. Many of them do.

What it will do, is generate lots and lots of unsolicited suggestions from people who feel like they're entitled to have their ideas implemented, as if by using the forum they are somehow making a grand contribution to the development process.

Also, what defines an active forum user? What's the line beyond which a person is no longer considered active? Do I have to be online for x hours? Easily done. I'll just leave it logged in over night and have a beta key by morning. Do I need to have x posts? Even easier. If I stop meeting the requirements, is my beta access revoked? Should all beta players (you're not testing it, you just want to play. Don't fool yourself) be required to be active forum users? Because it's not to hard to log in, drop some spam and get on with my day. Your idea is flawed, built on a foundation of self entitlement, and largely without merit.
"
HardDiction wrote:
Better idea: Give beta keys to ACTIVE FORUM USERS FIRST.

agree
Specs :: Inter(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 960@3.20GHz :: 6 GB Ram 1333mHz :: SLI GTX 580 (frzen twin) :: Mausepad Talent puretrak :: Mouse G5 :: Headphone Razer Calcarias :: Monitor 2233RZ 120 mhz ::
"
HardDiction wrote:
The reason they aren't simply allowing everyone into beta atm is due to server capacity.

...Where did you hear this from? It was my understanding that GGG is working to be extremely responsive to feedback and reports, and it's hard to do so when you've let in boatloads of players.

"
HardDiction wrote:

They need to up that first, but they should be giving keys to the people that are spending hours on the forums, they will give better feedback than rotting emails.

I wouldn't say that. A person's activity on the forums (which, for the most part, comprises of engaging in "WHERE IS MY BETA KEY" and other nonconstructive threads) can hardly serve as an indicator for how interested someone is in the game, nor how effective the person would be as a beta tester.

I mean, WhiteBoy88 is basically a living antithesis to your assertions here.
Good idea, but with the new patch, they are more worried about that I think atm. Good idea though.
"
DanParts wrote:
Being an active member of a forum does not make you any more capable of finding or correcting problems with the game. Seriously, any idiot can use a forum. Many of them do.

What it will do, is generate lots and lots of unsolicited suggestions from people who feel like they're entitled to have their ideas implemented, as if by using the forum they are somehow making a grand contribution to the development process.

Also, what defines an active forum user? What's the line beyond which a person is no longer considered active? Do I have to be online for x hours? Easily done. I'll just leave it logged in over night and have a beta key by morning. Do I need to have x posts? Even easier. If I stop meeting the requirements, is my beta access revoked? Should all beta players (you're not testing it, you just want to play. Don't fool yourself) be required to be active forum users? Because it's not to hard to log in, drop some spam and get on with my day. Your idea is flawed, built on a foundation of self entitlement, and largely without merit.

Calm down you child.
I didn't say that being active on the forum would help me to find bugs in the game. I implied that I can only find bugs and such if they give me a key.
"
iEmpireOD wrote:

Calm down you child.
I didn't say that being active on the forum would help me to find bugs in the game. I implied that I can only find bugs and such if they give me a key.

Times like this I feel this image is helpful.

ha he ho xD

lol Lace.
my post is useless but , ha xD

n_n
"i'm the French Saigneur ! Fight for your life stupid MOBs !"

Post to ask for a Key is like a Baby crying for his baby bottle.
Totally infantile, it's late, go to bed kids.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info