MORE Exiles Everywhere Races!

Last night I was able to get a couple guild mates back to PoE by getting them to play the exiles everywhere race with me. WE had sooo much fun and would love to see some more of these types of races in the future.. Something less intense and more about the loot explosions from the exiles is great fun for everyone in my opinion. However, throwing in a higher drop chance of wisdom scrolls would be awesome! haha
IGN Ken__Kaniff
did you run into flameblast exile?
"
janimauk wrote:

its not as bad as before at least
I cried every time I saw flameblast and my teammate used it as well. :O
"
janimauk wrote:

Of course! :) Many times.. Only one we always skipped was the groundslammer. SO OP.
IGN Ken__Kaniff
"
janimauk wrote:

I killed a few of them and ate a couple small~medium flameblasts in the process. The blasts did minimal to moderate damage through 30ish fire res and the sb totem just felt like a strong dot. Seems like that exiles damage got a fairly substantial nerf, though its entirely possible the full charge blast can still 1-shot.
IGN: KoTao
This is terrible idea. This race embodies everything that is wrong in racing this season.

Its not a race when there is all this dumb shit going on. All this "Special" type of race does is make bad racers feel good about their bad race results since its a 100% crap shoot. Maybe its time to stop catering to people who race once a week and want the illusion of being competitive, since last time I checked, this was a "hardcore" ARPG.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
"
Morsexier wrote:
last time I checked, this was a "hardcore" ARPG.

Sounds like you last checked sometime during closed beta.

Id love a return to fewer, longer, harder races with more competition, less rng/bs and a significantly improved prize structure, but i really cant see it happening. Casuals dont like events over 1 hour and orb rewards are apparently bad for the economy, so i wont be at all surprised when the next season is just more of the same.

That said, a handful of exiles everywhere or endless ledges each season would make for a nice break from hardcore competitive events. Its just unfortunate that its currently the other way round.
IGN: KoTao
"
rewards are apparently bad for the economy,

What economy?

Nobody plays HC and in SC you need 300+ exalteds to buy a good item.

The 1-3 exalted you get from a race, will certainly damage the economy....
Last edited by Hilbert on Jul 2, 2014, 9:52:24 PM
"
Morsexier wrote:
This is terrible idea. This race embodies everything that is wrong in racing this season.
Its not a race when there is all this dumb shit going on. All this "Special" type of race does is make bad racers feel good about their bad race results since its a 100% crap shoot. Maybe its time to stop catering to people who race once a week and want the illusion of being competitive, since last time I checked, this was a "hardcore" ARPG.
I think we will loose this battle...
Suggestions about increasing bursts, el, d:c and descent already exists and will pop up more often. Current season is terrible, 6+ RNG races in a row, total rng race for most classes is a signature race.

Descent though is so close to be a great race, just make couple of tweaks. But in current state its terrible. Pack density > all, weird chest choices, weapon rng dependance.
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
Last edited by jstq on Jul 3, 2014, 5:08:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info