MF Summoner - 2 Spectre, 7 Zombies, 8/9 auras. Low (9-10ex) & High Budget

WORK IN PROGRESS
If there is interest, I can make some videos either snapshotting/maps.

I'm aware of the snapshot nerf coming soon, I just wanted to write this guide for the few people who asked me about it. Constructive criticism is welcome!

Hi, I've been loving my summoner so much I wanted to share it with everybody. The best part of this build is it's viable for both sorta newer player and veterans. For this build there are only 4 mandatory items: (1) Shavs/Solaris Lorica, (2) Aurumvorax & (3) Prism Guardian & (4) Tabula rasa(nonlegacy prism guardian is 100% fine since resistances are a nonissue)

On standard you can get a solaris lorica for a few chaos, aurumvorax for a few chaos, a nonlegacy prism guardian for 5-6 ex, tabula rasa for 2ex. Overall, it won't cost you more than 9-10 exalts to make this build work.

So why would I want to play this build?
Pros:
1. 8 Auras without aura snapshotting
2. Can solo high level maps (haven't tried atziri yet)
3. Actively casting Flesh/Bone Offering & Curse so you don't stand around doing nothing while minions do all the work (less boring)
4. 84% All Res
5. High ES Regeneration
6. You can run 9 auras if you wish to not use Divination Distillate nor any active skills such as bone/flesh offering, desecrate, and convocation. I highly do not recommend 9 auras since all you will be able to run is more damage auras that you don't need since your minions already have sufficient damage.

Cons:
1. Takes time to snapshot minions

Level 90 Passives
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAnEEswZJDH0QfxCXEZYTbBUgFy8ZhhmKGmwajxzcHRQdqiSLJLAnqSj6KU8ppSpNKpgspizpL280CjdmN4M6szrYPI5DY0QERnFNuU3YTipV1lfJWPVakVuvXIpmnmh0aqxvnnC7cU18u3_GgKSBb4LHgwmG0YhAjHaPRpAzkyeUoJrPm6GbtZ2uncSePKKjpqym66cIqH2sR7QMtzG4k7-XwfPDOsaeyT3KSsy80NDT-9hN2QvZE9pi3Q3hiOQi6rrrLOvu7DjyHvPd9tr3wffX-ej6gPrS-wn-SQ==

You can save 3 points by taking out the Arcane vision node if you don't mind the low life.

You may also notice that I did not take one 4% reduced mana reserved node at the top left circle since I don't really need it nor will it allow me to run any more auras.

If You are still a fairly low level summoner 70-80ish you can yolo it and not run grace and save a bunch of points not going for iron reflexes

I'm sure there could be some improvements to my tree but this has worked very well for me so far.

Gear

Snapshot Gear

To snapshot:
1. Go to Sceptre of god use desecrate to summon a bunch corpse (keep in mind we will have 7 zombies and 2 spectres) with at least 2 Evangelists.
Steps:
2. Put on your Mon'tegrals grasp, Sidhebreath, and Skullhead secutor
3. Summon three zombies whose corpse is not an evangelist(summon the ones around the evangelist to isolate them in order for your trap to accurate summon the spectre later on)
4. Swap your Mon'tegrals with a Chober Chaber
5. Summon 4 more zombies whose corpse is not an evangelist
6. Make sure your Evangelists are not close to other corpse so your trap won't summoner incorrectly
7. Put on sunblast belt if it isn't already on
8. Drop two mines on the two corpse of the Evangelists
9. Detonate the mine
10. Immdiately after detonating your mine you will swap out trap & remote mine for any two of the other support gems listed above. Since snap shotting allows you to retain the damage bonuses from trap & remote mine while also being supported by the two gems you swapped them with after the trap detonates by itself due to the sunblast belt.
11. Go to town (this will not work if you aren't in town) and take the zombie & spectre gem out of their snapshot items and put them into your main gear INTO THE CORRESPONDING SOCKET otherwise your minions will disappear after you leave town.

Main Gear

Rings: Your rings are preferably dual andvarius since with the auras you run you can easily offset the negative resistances. However, any are fine preferably with quantity or Rarity since you don't need any other stats besides ES.
Amulet: Any amulet preferably with ES and quantity and rarity
Shield: Prism Guardian is mandatory
Chest: Either Solaris Lorica or Shavs is mandatory
Gloves: Any gloves prefably Sadima's
Boots: Any boots preferably wondertrap because that's the perk of being a low life summoner minus the auras. Though goldwyrm boots are a great alternate.
Helm: Any helm preferably one that has quantity and rarity.
Belt: Any belt preferably perandus Blazon

NOTE! If you use Solaris Lorica you will have to skip out one on some uniques (sub out gloves+helm with high ES & MF with some ES gear to make up for the ES that Shavs would have provided.

Flasks

The best health flask to have is the Cautious Sanctified Life Flask of Animation since you're always at low life I've been lazy to swap the other two out. A Divination distillate is optional, a quicksilver is optional too but it must have remove bleeding. If you want you can take out a 3rd health flask and sub it with granite/jade with remove (insert debuff), whichever debuff you feel annoys you the most, probably frozen.

Gems

Snapshot helm: Raise Zombie - Added fire - Minion life - Multistrike

Main helm: Raise zombie with whatever gems you want

Weapon:Purity of Fire - Blood magic - Reduced mana
IMPORTANT!!!: I like to have a 40% aura with blood magic and a level 17 reduced mana because it gives me the minimum amount of life to still be considered low life to proc my wondertraps while having enough life to cast spells with blood magic. You can play around with what level reduced mana works best for you

Shield: Reduced mana - Grace - Discpline

Snapshot Chest: Raise spectre - Remote mine - Trap - Rarity - Quantity - Faster casting - Minion damage - Added fire
Note: After detonating your mine you will swap out trap & remote mine for any two of the other support gems listed above. Since snap shotting allows you to retain the damage bonuses from trap & remote mine while also being supported by the two gems you swapped them with after the trap detonates by itself due to the sunblast belt.

Main Chest: Raise Spectre - Vulnerability - Desecrate - Empower - Enhance - Blood Magic
Note: You can pretty much put any gem on your chest. If you want you could also put a animate guardian on your chest using the leer cast unique helmet to boost your minion's damage further. However, I do not want to chrome my chest because I share the same chest with my low life spectral character and the current colors are fairly hard to achieve.

Boots/Gloves: You can do either colors on either the glove or boots:
Reduced mana - Purity of lightning - Vitality - Purity of Ice
Reduced mana - Purity of Elements - Hatred (3 link only, 4th socket is up to you)

Note 1: If you decide you want to run 9 auras, switch the 3 linked auras from your glove/boots onto your weapon and swap the weapon's gems onto whichever you swapped it from.
Note 2 For your main chest and helm just have a blood magic in both along with convocation, bone offering, flesh offering, desecrate, and vulnerability in there somewhere.

Screenshots
The MF shown here is not including the snapshotted quantity and rarity gems.
IGN: @PietyRunsForDayz / ScionIsPrettyHotSrsly
Last edited by lamluong on Jul 2, 2014, 9:18:18 AM
Bump!
IGN: @PietyRunsForDayz / ScionIsPrettyHotSrsly
sounds interesting! working on a aura summoner right now too, sadly that skill tree is broken...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info