Content Update 1.1.5 Patch Notes and Deployment Timeline

Ball Lighting combined with Echo - LMP - Light Penetration - Faster Casting

Awesome! Thanks GGG
This is what immediately came to mind to me as the perfect support for Ball Lightning
Awesome as always. Its very tempting to roll a new character for the ball lightning.
how the hell does someone have a lvl21/20 lightning ball less than an hour into the release of the gem?

"
BananaJams wrote:
how the hell does someone have a lvl21/20 lightning ball less than an hour into the release of the gem?

Every time I read patch notes I see something like this: "Fixed a bug where Reave dealt main-hand damage, even on off-hand hits." This particular "backdoor", as many others yet to discover, might be used since Reave was introduced till it has been fixed. I have no doubts there are still more "features" that allow "the chosen ones" to get the most with little to no efforts. Like getting the brand new skill, maximized to the limits in less than an hour after release. Just think of Diablo case and stop wondering. ;-)
the gem is exited before the paths update but unable to use yet
Last edited by troyelf on Jul 3, 2014, 3:27:16 AM
"
BananaJams wrote:

My guess....some time ago there was a server problem that inserted a lot of gems that weren't supposed to, also corrupted a lot of items etc. There was a rollback that removed all affected items...but...some were left behind. Not long ago ZiggyD had a movie out, showing off Ball Lightning (not his recent 1.1.5 preview movie, but like a month ago) stating he was checking it out, probably before the devs would remove it altogether. If someone managed to keep a gem like that in his inventory and level it since then...it's easily 21/20 now.

edit: Another thing that would support that...his mana cost at level 21 is 35 (according to the wiki, ball lightning level 16 already has 35 mana cost, and his damage range 11-217, belongs to a level 23 gem. So basically...he has one of those gems that shouldn't have been in the game. Does more damage and costs less mana.
Last edited by oBohz on Jul 3, 2014, 5:45:29 AM
So no improvement of the 6-linking process? Again no improvement to the trading system? K, thx, bye.

Oh and where is the snapshot fix?

"GGG is the gaming company Wraeclast needs, not the one it deserves".
Last edited by Banev on Jul 3, 2014, 6:47:48 AM
"
oBohz wrote:
My guess....some time ago there was a server problem that inserted a lot of gems that weren't supposed to, also corrupted a lot of items etc. There was a rollback that removed all affected items...but...some were left behind. Not long ago ZiggyD had a movie out, showing off Ball Lightning (not his recent 1.1.5 preview movie, but like a month ago) stating he was checking it out, probably before the devs would remove it altogether. If someone managed to keep a gem like that in his inventory and level it since then...it's easily 21/20 now.

edit: Another thing that would support that...his mana cost at level 21 is 35 (according to the wiki, ball lightning level 16 already has 35 mana cost, and his damage range 11-217, belongs to a level 23 gem. So basically...he has one of those gems that shouldn't have been in the game. Does more damage and costs less mana.

Well, this reasonably explains the case.

Not that I have a strong will to, but I'd like to denote another possibility. The most of software companies are not huge, but their consumer base is. These companies are not able to hire enough QA staff in order to predict and test all the infinite amount of use cases. So, there is a practice to let customers play a role of QA. It is done in the form of a customer service. In turn, it is a customer who do most of the "debugging". Bought a product, found a bug, reported, good boy. Geniously! Some software bugs give a great advantage. Thus, in order to keep that gain, they are a subject not to be disclosed as long as possible, being in use by a limited number of involved stakeholders. Until some "jerk" makes it public. I assume PoE is the case too and some people, not the developers, have an access to the core, one way or another.

Because everyone and his brother would do the same! :)
Last edited by cuss on Jul 3, 2014, 7:46:38 AM
"
Banev wrote:
So no improvement of the 6-linking process? Again no improvement to the trading system? K, thx, bye.

Oh and where is the snapshot fix?

"GGG is the gaming company Wraeclast needs, not the one it deserves".

Maybe you should learn to read or to comprehend the information you read, before you start complaining :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info