About Facebreaker

Hi everyone and thank you for reading this :)

I started à Facebreaker Mara yesterday and i'd lire tout face your opinions about 2 things :

1) Would abyssus be a good helmet even with the increased physical damage taken ?
2) Would à Facebreaker build with a quiver instead of a shield be viable ?

Thank you for tour answers if there's any :D
I'll keep this quick

1) Yes
2) No
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Thank you for your answers my kind sir but there is still few things i'd like to know :

First of all : I am currently using Meginord's Girdle as my belt. Is good even for late game ?
Next, i have few questions to ask about my skill tree.
Here is my current skill tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEACygOPBQgFHEYkRkuGjgnLyftNro62D38UEdQVFQLVw1YY1nzXz9qHm6Xcqlyu3zZjM-QVZ7Nn8ugtKFtpKynMKeEqBisqrnNvJ_AGsbY0iHZYd-_45_kUel87DjvDvIv8pzzBvZI9777qg==

And here is my ideal final 109 points tree
Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAWGPG2D38jM_2SF8_UFAu_6IP-6qgtPMG8i-krLyf7w4nL-OfKS7xrHy4Gj7SIfe-kc5XDRku2WFulwso8pw2unzZcqmsqiftwBpZ8xo4p4SQVU3YOtjsOJ48gW8CcQSzogAUTfAfLdLfvxRxpzCezaFtuc1yuxiRUEcUIJ_LDjyeuUCgdO1672BLBS0n1cRYw4ZeE4Tv55Gsr2EhEuHFiq9sDPfp1TwtNL4Y12bZxq60czWSiPH-Crc-ah6oGP6PpldN4zrh8kUyCXJsbEapbrXyAdzi6ngNvoo=

So (obviously) is the build good enough ? Are the 4 damage points (1 phys dmg and 3 atk speed) near mara start usefull ?

Well that's it and once again thank you for your answers :)

Oh and is it possible to have 4 red slots on facebreaker ?
First about the tree.
Lose the nodes in the Purity of Essence circle - they are not worth the passive points.
Lose the blood magic passive and use a blood magic support gem instead. Blood magic passive means no auras, and that is terrible. Actually you can use infernal blow with mana with some mana leech from your rings/amulet + small amounts of mana regen ( like the Shaper passive ) and with enough damage and still use the Hatred Aura and even Determination aura on top of that ( if they are linked to level 19-20 reduced mana support gem ofc )

The meginord's girdle is the belt to go you wont find a better belt for the build because a better belt does not exist! ( yet )

4R on facebreakers are very hard .. but possible .. i wouldn't recommend wasting chroms for such colors on your gloves tho.

For a more optimized skill tree and build .. i'd suggest to check out my How to smash heads which you'll find on the first page in the Duelist forum section. I don't want to sound arrogant but it is currently the most popular facebreaker guide... and that's not by chance.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jul 3, 2014, 12:10:44 PM
I read your build and understand what you say in it but i don't like just following a build and not thinking ^^ I also was thinking and refunding purity of essence (i may keep 1st and 2nd ones) but i won't give up blood magic :p Using skills for no apparent cost feels really good :D Tho don't you think a 40% aura with reduced mana and Mortal conviction is possible ? Or even Tempest shield (love this skill :D ) ?

edit : Almost forgot ^^ I never know what to use between Infernal Blow and Dominating Blow could you help with this ? :3

Also forgot to say thank you. Thank you :D
Last edited by Shinaides on Jul 3, 2014, 12:41:07 PM
Well reserving .. basicly .. any amount of life for % auras even with reduced mana passives is not worth it in my opinion. I know that something like 100 life per cast ( with a 6L and blood magic support ) sounds like alot ... but when you have above 5k life pool, some life leech, and usually above 100 life per sec regen ... you will never feel that cost... on the other hand giving up hatred will cost you ( with good gear ) nearly 10k dps , and loosing determination or grace( if you want to use IR ) actualy is a big hit to your survivability ... a lot bigger than 40 more life per cast anyway. But afterall its up to you and i've always encouraged players to test things for themselves... and because i've done a lot of playing and character building/leveling and testing pretty much everything that there is to test i can say this about BM ( in this case ) but you'll see it for yourself eventually :P

Now infernal blow vs Dominating Blow

Infernal blow has alot lower mana cost ... and that gives the opportunity to use it without any blood magic at all.
Infernal blow has insane AoE.
Infernal blow has more damage.

on the other hand
Dominating blow is ... safer ... all those minions tank alot of the incoming damage.
Having the auras of the dominated monsters is pretty awesome.

So once again it's up to you. They are both pretty cool skills ... and its never too late to go from infernal blow to dominating blow and vice versa ... all you need to do is to swap the gems and you are good to go ... the support gems for both are the same ( don't fall for that inc duration etc. support gems .. it's not worth it.. you gain minions with insane speed... and you don't need even more to clutter your screen)
So about blood magic i'll keep a refund point to remove it if needed. (the other negative point of not using it is that i'll need a 6L to include the blood magic gem and i'm quite poor ^^) I mostly use IB because making people explode with bear hands feels good as fuck and it's so METAL !! Tho i always keep Dominating Blow unused in socket so i won't have to restart with a lvl 1 gem ^^

Well this is pretty much all i had to ask about my FB ! Thank you my kind sir !! ;)
Hello again lads !!

I'm back here to tell you about how's my Facebreaker is going :) i'm currently level 61 and just arrived to the forest encampment. It's quite hard to raise those elemental resistances because i got Abyssus Facebreaker and Eginord's Girdle that i can't unwear ... Tho my actual DPS for Infernal Blow is 8340 which is quite nice at this point in the game (imo). here's my current gear :
Spoiler

The amulet is quite shitty. I'm working on getting one with more resists the boots too are quite old.
Here's my current tree (you'll notice i changed a few things from my theoretical build):
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEABLMM9w48FCAUTRRxGJEZLho4Jy8n7S3SNZI2ujrYPC09_ETnTdhQR1BUVAtXDVhjWfNfP2oeajtyqXK7fNmBb4jxjHaMz5BVkc6ePJ7Nn8ugtKFtogCkrKcwp4SoGKyqr2y3PrnNvJ_AGsWKxq7G2NIh2WHfv-Of5FHpfOnV7DjvDvAf8i_ynPMG9kj3vvuq_go=

Got any suggestions about the tree or the gear (except telling me the gear is crap i know that)
What corruptions are possible on meginord's girdle and Facebreakers ?

P.S. : Pm me in game if you have something better than that amulet quite cheap :p @DaFaceBrawler
Get better boots asap.. you can achieve that with very low currency spent.
Those AR+ ES nodes are beyond useless ... get rid of them!
Also that 1% is not worth the 2 passive skill points .. its not a good deal at all!
After loosing those passives which are not worth it you'll have 8 free skill points which you can use to cap your resists(if you still have a problem with that)

A possible tree:

Thanks for the advice ! I didn't exactly follow what you showed because i needed the endurance charge and i don't need to spend that much points to get the reists : i got endurance charges and soon i'll have better gear ^^ I'm working on getting new boots and a nice 5L and eventually a new amulet (i'm not satisfied of the resists on mine). Currently at the very beginning of act3. DPS is 10k+ and will grow to smthing like 14k with a 5L. Concerning the tree, i refund the faith and steel thing, took the berserking node, the 6% to all ele resists and steel skin. My next target is the last endurance charge so i can get 7 of those and last but not least i'll take life in the golem's blood node.
here's the tree :
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwEswz3DjwUIBRNFHEYkRkuGjgnLyftLdIyCTWSOtg8LT38ROdQR1BUVAtXDVhjWfNfP2oeajtsRnJscqlyu3gNfLt82YjxjM-QVZHOns2fy6C0oW2iAKQZpKynMKeEqBipbqyqr2y18rc-uc28n76KwBrFisauxtjQR9E20iHZYd-_45_kUel86dXsOO8O8B_yL_MG9kj3vvuq_go=

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info