GENERAL DISCUSSION: there have been a number of very old supporters

who have created "I quit" feedback posts. I won't name names, because we aren't allowed to. However there are some BIG NAMES - and BIG WHALE supporters.

What do you guys think this means?
Is this next patch just a bad patch?
Do you think that GGG's standard of gaming development is such a way that you offer feedback upon feedback, but ultimately see an unheard of stubbornness?
Is there something we aren't seeing - behind closed doors going on to create this "abandon ship" mentality from long term supporters?

I am just curious what others might be thinking about this subject.

DISCLAIMER TO MODS: This is NOT a feedback or off topic subject - this is directly related to GGG, POE, and supporters of this game.
Last edited by Support on Jul 2, 2014, 4:20:06 PM
I've only given about $100 to GGG but I am pretty satisfied.

Things I wish would change:

1. I wish there were more PvP options, I have been waiting for PvP Tournaments for at least a year already.

2. They should have added a large open area (75+) where people can grind experience without having to rely on RNG of Map drops. I find that people usually quit because they are bored with end game. This would keep people grinding without having to rely on RNG.
IGN: lVlage (96 Witch)
Last edited by lVlage on Jun 30, 2014, 5:20:45 PM
Now comes the revelation.

There are Diamon/Eternal/RoW/Conquerer Supporter who NEVER played the game.

Because they are also Indidevs, some celebreties, itemshop owners......
"
Isbox1 wrote:

Do you think that GGG's standard of gaming development is such a way that you offer feedback upon feedback, but ultimately see an unheard of stubbornness?

yes.

I think they made it pretty clear to me at least, they don't give even a fraction of a fuck about my feedback.
too bad I wasted well over a year of my life, literally hundreds of thousands of words, and a ton of effort writing it.

do I still care about the game? yes.
would I stay while people more devoted than me, leave? probably.
do I feel GGG are doing what they can, for the benefit of the game and its players? no.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
Isbox1 wrote:

yes.

I think they made it pretty clear to me at least, they don't give even a fraction of a fuck about my feedback.
too bad I wasted well over a year of my life, literally hundreds of thousands of words, and a ton of effort writing it.

do I still care about the game? yes.
would I stay while people more devoted than me, leave? probably.
do I feel GGG are doing what they can, for the benefit of the game and its players? no.

[Removed by Support]

"
johnKeys wrote:

And yet here you are still posting a year later? You still haven't learned your lesson apparently...
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
Last edited by Jared_GGG on Jun 30, 2014, 5:41:21 PM
I think people aren't seeing the whole picture here. Yes it may seem like all these big supports are jumping ship, but for all we know, there could be more to it.
Everyone is quick to jump to conclusions that all these big supporters are leaving because it is due to GGG. Maybe they are leaving because of personal reasons, or that they have simply had enough of the way people act on the forums.
Some of them have spent 3 years playing this game.

I think that qualify's them for a burn-out wouldn't you agree?

peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
People quit all the time. Nothing really special to it. After playing something for 1k+ hours(or even 100+ hours) you eventually get bored.

You may come back when the game is further updated or you may not. It's only a game afterall.

Last edited by kasub on Jun 30, 2014, 5:22:01 PM
Well, its their game, they can do what they want. In the same vein i play their game the way i want. If that would not be possible i wouldnt play it.

If they want to reach more new players despite the usual and always bitched about desync issue they need to appeal to casuals, as casual as people like me, as bad as that sounds to some but some things feel more like work in this game than every actual work i have ever done IRL.

Lets face it, you come home to play a game to relax and chill and get that fuzzy feeling inside with a good drop or that part of the plot you uncover or some such things and not be like, "uh, from the office into the office, more work to be done, farming till i cant handle it no more, selling and buying till i burn out from it", this is the attitude we get from GGG atm, the game is a job ethic even though its an MMO without being an MMO. We dont hack a few times on rocks to get materials for some crafting stuff, no, we play and play and play, or trade all day a lot to get some orbs to burn them on RNG 'crafting'.

Not to mention my surprise at the blatant lie of actual achievements which are not achievements but gambles as well. Achievements and RNG dont go well together. I saw 6L achievements and have this and that unique achievement and so on and so forth. Thats not something i can 'achieve', that is something i have to basically trade for or gamble for, which is all the same to me.

So, at last, i can only say that tunnel vision mode is on. I only see monster slaying and XP farming and i try to ignore the PCing in global and the trading and the usual worry about the 'economy'. Else, i would silently but surely disappear.

No hate on traders though, its just an 80% trading vs 20% finding orbs. That bugs me.
Ok to kasub and Boem: you think that what is happening is just legitimate game burn out - and it's mostly just a RNG effect... nothing can be pinpointed just "random quit is random" - not some type of mass exodus of long term, whale supporters?

I don't know. Could be. It seems too strange for so many big names to just quit at the same time... unless maybe just 1 of them quitting was enough to make the others take a second look at things and decide to quit too.
Last edited by Isbox1 on Jun 30, 2014, 5:22:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info