Content Update 1.1.5 Teaser Video

"
Its4u2n0 wrote:

Ugh, don't get me started on CoC.. Haha, I personally dislike this support for many reasons. It seems to "break" the spells mechanics by bypassing their cast speed with no negative consequences. e.g. EK, (post patch) is 1 second cast time. You link with CoC and you can cast an abusive amount of knives and completely neglect the base spell stats. I think to balance CoC they either need to have mechanics check the players cast speed and limit it to this. Or simply add a "less" multiplier. It just seems counter intuitive and broken imo.

My point exactly..

I, like the other guy, enjoy the CoC, but I respect your opnion. I really like OP stuff. Though I didnt made a build with CoC yet, I played a bit doing CoC searching for fragments in sarn, it was a lot fun! xD But its not 100% effective in my build... was really just for fun!

But I think its really hard to accomplish good survival doing CoC... you have to invest a lot in crit chance and ES. it's not like there's no drawbacks. Of course if you have currency and can afford whatever you want the build is perfect. But if its expansive why not be good and OP? xD

Challenge is good, but I dont think we should feel challenged playing every moment, thats for hardcore league, not standard. Just blow enemies in ur screen feel good. Besides... the dsync are a challenge by itself.

And more importantly, we arent rewarded by the difficult, we just lose, lose and lose, 10%xp every time you die. Dont matter if you are in a higher level area or low level area, desync is what usually kill you and you dont get any better item doing dominus, piety, whatever. It's usually s**** uniques anyways :). Atziri majority of my runs just drop s*** uniques too, its rare drop a fragment and almost impossible grab a Hope, flasks drops a lot and boots too. I sell them right to npc most of the time :)

Just try to level after 90, it's really hard, I was 30% and lost it in the path to dominus because of desync, three deaths in a row. And I already farmed 13% of xp just doing dominus. so I think its pretty safe the path, its really hard to get 13% xp just doing in level 92. But for some reason... boom, 30% xp lost because of desync, you want any more challenge than that xD ???
"
Its4u2n0 wrote:
"
Froz1984 wrote:
Hmmm...

0.8s cast time speed on EK means 1.25 attacks "each second", or am I wrong? (1 attack takes 0.8 seconds, hence 5 attacks take 4 seconds, so 5/4 attack/second = 1.25 attacks each second)

In this case, with the numbers given by Its4u2n0 on lvl20 EK post patch you get the same amount of dps as the prepatch one: 434.8*1.25 = 543.5 ... hence no dps nerf.

(the same happens at every level, since 1.25 = 0.8^-1)

A 1 second cooldown reduced by 20% would be .8 cast time, therefore 1.2 casts per second. Look at it like this; lvl 20 faster casting on EK increases the cast speed by 39%. So it would be .61 cast time or 1.39 casts per second.

He is right, actually. 1/0.8=1.25
"
Its4u2n0 wrote:
"
Froz1984 wrote:
Hmmm...

0.8s cast time speed on EK means 1.25 attacks "each second", or am I wrong? (1 attack takes 0.8 seconds, hence 5 attacks take 4 seconds, so 5/4 attack/second = 1.25 attacks each second)

In this case, with the numbers given by Its4u2n0 on lvl20 EK post patch you get the same amount of dps as the prepatch one: 434.8*1.25 = 543.5 ... hence no dps nerf.

A 1 second cooldown reduced by 20% would be .8 cast time, therefore 1.2 casts per second. Look at it like this; lvl 20 faster casting on EK increases the cast speed by 39%. So it would be .61 cast time or 1.39 casts per second.

Its4u2n0 you are sooo wrong about your math :D
Just to show it the easiest way:
If you had 50% decreased cast time - it would be as much as casting it TWICE in the same time - right?
and according to your "logic" then it would result in 1.50 APS which is incorrect as 2.0 is the right one here :)
Hope that it proves that EK having 25% cast speed isnt a nerf after all! :D
And to the one speaking about Armour, its been mentioned numerous times, monster armour is so low that you can skip it almost entirely especially when doing over 1k phys dmg... so asuming that EK damage per hit went from 4k to 3,2k (with same math DPS) the actual dmg including the armour wouldnt differ that much. And in ACTIONrpg which PoE is - the mobility is the key imo... You can do hell of a glasscannon with shitload of DPS but if you cant avoid attacks/react to your opponent - you are as much as dead right away - specially in PoE which punishes you for your mistakes :D
(for comparison: would you prefer 40k dps 0,5APS 2-handed mara who is getting his ass smacked between his low speed hits or 20k dps double striker with 8 APS who wll fly around mobs? (i know, a bit exagurated with those 0,5, but just for showing the difference here:P)).
Peace!
so the 1 month league is basicly a beta test for the new gems. thats pretty smart. i dont like the ek change but echo looks damn powerful.
"
Its4u2n0 wrote:
"
Froz1984 wrote:
Hmmm...

I understand it takes 0.8 seconds to cast the spell. So, if I am not wrong with that assumption, after 4 seconds you cast it 5 times. Therefore, you cast 1.25 times the spell each second.

That is what I understand as "20% decrease in the time it takes to cast the spell" (=1.25 casts per second, if each cast takes 0.8 seconds), which is not the same as "20% increased times you cast the spell in the same span of time" (= 1.2 casts per second, if each cast takes 1 second).
"
jeż wrote:
can't wait this! (1st pg :P )

EDIT: ECHO! and this lighting ball looka a little bit OP ;)
EDIT2: this new item: 30 echo + 100% more mana? srsly?

I read 100% increased mana in the video. Where do you see 100% more mana?
"
Ryouko wrote:
"
Nycro wrote:
So casters are getting a huge buff with spell echo leaving melee even further in the dust.

GG GGG

lol which game are you playing? it's not PoE, that's for sure :D
Melee is RLY strong right now and most of the caster builds are kinda crap.

currently only fire burn builds are good and maybe selfcast arc. Echo wont buff these builds and will help other weak caster builds.

Melee is very strong
Spoiler
if you have 100 exalts.

The large majority of caster builds will outperform melee builds without insane gear.

"
Just my opnion, dont take this too serious... but I think both of you are wrong.

Strongest builds arent melee neither self cast. Both suck then.

Top builds atm:

Low life Spectral Throw / Wand
Low life Mjolnir
Coc with Barrage / Spectral Throw / Cyclone
Mjolnir

None of theses are melee or self cast. So I think both are wrong. Again, dont take this too serious!

And what do Mjolnir and CoC use to deal all of the damage? It's certainly not melee or ranged attacks. They use spells, hence mjolnir and CoC are essentially casters that cast through melee/ranged abilities.
Last edited by Nycro on Jul 2, 2014, 10:03:50 PM
"
Nycro wrote:

And what do Mjolnir and CoC use to deal all of the damage? It's certainly not melee or ranged attacks. They use spells, hence mjolnir and CoC are essentially casters that cast through melee/ranged abilities.

Yeah, but those are not self-cast spells i.e. not affected by the new Echo gem...so you have totally lost sight of the original argument.....lol. Doesn't matter if they are both called spells, the whole distinction of that guy's posting was about whether self cast or not...and self cast possibly deserving a buff because its NOT OP.

GGG cant you release spells that make being a pure caster anywhere near as good as a CoC build or all the other overpowered low life aura builds?

I applaud you for bringing us Spell Echo at long last which makes pure spell casters much better than they were, but you see, you just released Ball Lightning now which doesnt benefit much from Spell Echo as much as it does added damage gems, so now ball lightning is about as good as casters used to be without Spell Echo.. making it the least desirable spellcaster build. Ball Lightning shouldnt have reduced benefit from added damage gems (AT LEAST) to make up for the lack of use of Spell Echo
Last edited by shdwknght on Jul 4, 2014, 6:41:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info