The POE Dictionary - Updated 30-06-14

"
Tao_Jones wrote:
"
Thanks for the tl;dr on this one, this is funny. :)

You can scan the rest and just read the entries that catch your eye. It's one of the benefits of the chosen format.

"
GGG, i demand floating ability for Witches now. Actually, i demand a single ability every class should get.

It would be useful for avoiding ground hazards, so naturally, it's a non-starter.

Edit: Now that I think about it, "Levitate" has been a staple of computer RPG's since at least "The Bard's Tale" (which should give you some idea of how long I've been enjoying them).

Obviously, we can't have such old-school ideas infecting our precious game, can we? Except when we do. (I'm looking at you, Fireball, Lightning Bolt (Arc), Freezing Touch (Cold Snap), et cetera, et cetera, ad nauseum.)

Arc is more like chain lightning from D2 to me but i like your style. :)
Excellent work! Enjoyed it very much.
"
Moonyu wrote:

It's OT approved at this point.

The OP deserves a medal with a goat head on it.

ow yeah in memory of this moonyu post i think the dictionary should get a fitting description for.

"off-topic"!

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
"
Moonyu wrote:

It's OT approved at this point.

The OP deserves a medal with a goat head on it.

ow yeah in memory of this moonyu post i think the dictionary should get a fitting description for.

"off-topic"!

Peace,

-Boem-

The PoE dictionary should include the official post sign out

Peace,

-Boem-
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
+1
Ignorance usually lasts longer than a weekend.

But then again, a god doesn't freely share his knowledge with mortals ...
"

- RIP - The inevitable moment when one's game decides to crash, desync, lag spike or put an off-screen ability invading boss in an instance.
- Patch - Propaganda spread by GGG giving players flase hope for a non-hard game.
- GGG - The sadistic overlords behind the game, its RNG and the trade system. All monsters are their puppets.
- Shavronne's / Koam's / Soultaker - Nonexistent shinies one can only dream of.
- 6-Link - Yet another non-existing fairy tale told by rich people.
Another quality ZAP! post.
Patch: An eagerly-awaited update to the game which everyone hopes will add new content and fix significant problems with the game, but which invariably will actually contain the following: A balance change which completely ruins one of your builds, 4 new unique items(3 of which are only good between levels 8-15 and the other which makes the item you just bought for 53ex completely obsolete and worthless), 3 new microtransaction effects(at least of which looks so amazingly cool that you have to get it right now, but which you are inevitably 5 points short of being able to afford), and a number of carefully considered numeric changes to other skills(the exact method of determining how much to adjust them by is unknown, but rumored to involve a dartboard and beer. Lots of beer.)
"
Here're some more:

- races (could even have separate entries for endless ledge, descent, BLAMT, etc)

I have a primary entry for "Race" with two definitions, but I believe we could go further with more specific sub-categories - agreed. I might need some assistance from the assembled might of the playerbase, though - I have zero experience with them beyond what I've read here.

"
- race strategy (does this really exist?)

<snicker>

"
- pants (!)

And I'm sitting here wondering how I neglected to include that entry in the original post.

"
- PK (might fall under hateful, not sure)

ScrotieMcB may have that covered in his contribution for "Cutthroat", but I can think of a way of sneaking it in...

"
- pets

Oh, yes indeedy.

"
- yolo

Or "YOVO", although I edited that out of the final draft.
How about a cpl often used trade definitions

a1n- act 1 normal
glhf- good luck have fun

;)
"Truth be told, I have no idea what the fuck is going on anymore." Stephen Hawkins
RIP: Result of Internet Problem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info