The POE Dictionary - Updated 30-06-14

Good post. Ty!
"
Tao_Jones wrote:
Fellow Players:

Witch: [n.] A female character class based on the “forbidden adept” archetype, who substitutes ineffective physical damage with ineffective magic damage. Primarily associated with the Intelligence attribute, but no smarter than her counterparts when left AFK. Noted for the incredible movement skill that allows her to float and pirouette in midair, which is promptly and permanently forgotten the instant actual gameplay begins.

heheh good one.
IGN: xSiCKoWx
"
xSiCKHeADx wrote:
"
Tao_Jones wrote:
Fellow Players:

Witch: [n.] A female character class based on the “forbidden adept” archetype, who substitutes ineffective physical damage with ineffective magic damage. Primarily associated with the Intelligence attribute, but no smarter than her counterparts when left AFK. Noted for the incredible movement skill that allows her to float and pirouette in midair, which is promptly and permanently forgotten the instant actual gameplay begins.

heheh good one.

Thanks for the tl;dr on this one, this is funny. :)

GGG, i demand floating ability for Witches now. Actually, i demand a single ability every class should get.
Brilliant. One small addition though:

"
Curse: [n.] 1. A skill applied to a group of monsters designed to slightly increase the number of seconds taken to slay the player character.

2. A real-life skill used by the player after the aforementioned death occurs. This has no actual effect on gameplay, but at least it makes them feel better. Sometimes.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Glad to assist with a Menckenesque endeavour.

You really understand the spirit of the undertaking, and clearly have the skill to execute the same - I doff my Alpha's Howl to you. H.L. would have been proud.
"
Hodari wrote:
Brilliant. One small addition though:

"
Curse: [n.] 1. A skill applied to a group of monsters designed to slightly increase the number of seconds taken to slay the player character.

2. A real-life skill used by the player after the aforementioned death occurs. This has no actual effect on gameplay, but at least it makes them feel better. Sometimes.

Added secondary definition at your suggestion, good sir. Well done.
"
Thanks for the tl;dr on this one, this is funny. :)

You can scan the rest and just read the entries that catch your eye. It's one of the benefits of the chosen format.

"
GGG, i demand floating ability for Witches now. Actually, i demand a single ability every class should get.

It would be useful for avoiding ground hazards, so naturally, it's a non-starter.

Edit: Now that I think about it, "Levitate" has been a staple of computer RPG's since at least "The Bard's Tale" (which should give you some idea of how long I've been enjoying them).

Obviously, we can't have such old-school ideas infecting our precious game, can we? Except when we do. (I'm looking at you, Fireball, Lightning Bolt (Arc), Freezing Touch (Cold Snap), et cetera, et cetera, ad nauseum.)
Last edited by Tao_Jones on Jun 29, 2014, 12:07:44 PM
Wow this is great! Good work :)

Edit - My creativity is pretty much non-existent (especially in a second language), but I'm sure you creative lot can manage to come up with entries for:
- RIP
- Patch
- Fishing
- Chris
- GGG
- Shavronne's / Koam's / Soultaker
- 6-Link
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
Last edited by qwertz on Jun 29, 2014, 12:17:47 PM
"
Wow this is great! Good work :)

Edit - My creativity is pretty much non-existent (especially in a second language),

Don't sell yourself short - you're quite eloquent, especially considering English is your second language.

"
but I'm sure you creative lot can manage to come up with entries for:
- RIP
- Patch
- Fishing
- Chris
- GGG
- Shavronne's / Koam's / Soultaker
- 6-Link

Superb suggestions, although considering the acerbic nature of the collection, I'd like to avoid getting personal with an entry for Chris (in fact, I've deliberately omitted several contemplated entries to evade the "hateful" tag). I'll get to work on the rest, though.

[Edit: Added all but "Chris" and credited you with the suggestions.]
Last edited by Tao_Jones on Jun 29, 2014, 2:03:35 PM
"
Tao_Jones wrote:
I'd like to avoid getting personal with an entry for Chris (in fact, I've deliberately omitted several contemplated entries to evade the "hateful" tag). I'll get to work on the rest, though.

Haha no worries :)

Here're some more:

- races (could even have separate entries for endless ledge, descent, BLAMT, etc)
- race strategy (does this really exist?)
- pants (!)
- PK (might fall under hateful, not sure)
- pets
- yolo
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
Last edited by qwertz on Jun 29, 2014, 1:02:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info