real story about RNG.

yeah,

im about to sell my rarity gear on ambush too
"Yeena thinks she knows the Spirit. That it talks to her. She talks to herself." -Greust <3
"
I really don't wanna play this game anymore...

I felt exactly the same.
Look at my level of support. I left.

There is another ARPG, looks similar, has a free trial.
Recently had an expansion with drop rates were reworked.
In the Game your character will feel powerful. You will find an unique item every hour and often it will be an upgrade.
It plays really nice and has interesting end game available to everyone not only no-lifers.
Good luck!
Main IGN: TopCat

IGN2: PrincessGuinevere
IGN3: Indiana_Jones
"
Boem wrote:
Put 2 people with the same wisdom/skill level and whatever you can think of.

Give one bad rng and the other good rng and the outcome is clear.

Yeah, the people who constantly place good in races always get a good RNG? Really?

Get real.

"
missmisiowa wrote:
"
I really don't wanna play this game anymore...

I felt exactly the same.
Look at my level of support. I left.

Recently had an expansion with drop rates were reworked.
In the Game your character will feel powerful. You will find an unique item every hour and often it will be an upgrade.
It plays really nice and has interesting end game available to everyone not only no-lifers.
Good luck!

... does the name of it start with a "D"?

Not sure if serious.
"
missmisiowa wrote:

I can understand your frustration, and by all means give this other game a trial and see if it's any friendlier or less random than Path of Exile.

Some people enjoy Defence of the Ancients 2, some prefer League of Legends.
The chances are good that there's a game out there for you if this one doesn't fit.

In other matters: krofj, you should probably go halves on a lottery ticket with your friend.
Either they'll win and you'll both get some money, or they'll lose and their luck will move closer to the average.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
hey guys, see the positive side on sparse loot drops: your efforts will stay there forever. chris promised. high end items will always stay high end items and not be made midgame items in the next expansion or act.

if a endgame item would drop for me every second day it would so for everybody else and the market would be saturated inbetween weeks if devs don't start devaluing your efforts over time.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
I play since closed beta.

My biggest ticket item I ever dropped is Carcass Jack. No kidding.

There is something .... oddly masochistic about people playing PoE. Including me
"
Alea wrote:
hey guy, you got an explanation why i didnt dropped a shav nor kaoms (nor any significant uber unique item) in 2k hours playing? thats the difference between dropping every second or every 2 years

same explaination as that my biggest find (legacy unique) was a bringer of rain in the end of the last 4 month league, it's now rotting in standard.

i can only tell you what's "wrong" with at least my gaming style: i really enjoy playing the game "normally", which means: doing maps, dominus runs from time to time, identifying every rare item i find, keeping the good ones, try to sell some exceptional ones ==> basically it's wasting time.

from time to time i look at twitch streams how the successful ones play the game: doing dominus runs 6-10 hours a day with a main game instance and 2 separate game instances in virtual machines for rarity culling, portal maintenance and more and better loot. it's legal. and successful as they only get uniques and rare belts / jewelery from the massive loot drops and ignore the rest. micromanagement is for losers.

the game is designed to deal with this style of playing. it's guys finding a high end unique every second day which they sell for +10 exalts.

when it comes to loot it's not designed for players like me who sell rares for chaos or the long way with alterations, exchanging them for jewelers then fusings, then exalteds, making 1 exalted every week by playing 2-3 hours daily on average.

but in difference to other players i'm aware of that.

my only hope is that the heavy random outcome of every game aspect brings me occasional luck without massive time investment.

that's why i love rng, it's my closest friend. and i have no regret just doing simple stupid things ingame like trying to 6 link without collecting 3k fusings before, applying chaos orbs to gear in the hope of getting lucky or yolo exalt my gear as soon as i have found one without eternaling it (neither found one yet nor will i ever buy one).

and i'm having fun playing the game. since years. it's just a game which stakes are very high but that's ok. because the road to success is the goal, not reachin it. a goal reached ceases to be a goal.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
geradon wrote:
"
Alea wrote:

the game is designed to deal with this style of playing. it's guys finding a high end unique every second day which they sell for +10 exalts.

when it comes to loot it's not designed for players like me who sell rares for chaos or the long way with alterations, exchanging them for jewelers then fusings, then exalteds, making 1 exalted every week by playing 2-3 hours daily on average.

This is one of the reasons why I rarely play PoE this days... having the game designed and balanced around those kind of players completely ruins the fun of playing the game unless you play it for some dumb-clicking-kill-critters gaming time to relax, progression and empowering your characters is loosing its sense in PoE unless you are in a grinder or power levelling guild or play with multiple instances, etc...

I feel same as OP... although I play PoE from time to time (spending increasingly more on the "to" part) when I feel the urge to kill some critters.
Go play Diablo 3 then. That way you can be spoon-fed all the way to max level, where you'll only need to find items that have your main attribute and both types of crit to play T6.
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

I once got a ruby ring of The lost In Lost on merciless, which sold for 10 ex.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info