Fightgarr going for 2nd 1000 account, possibly 2nd top 20

I really dont understand why GGG didn't nip this in the bud with a creative solution last season. There is no way that Boof should have received two top Demi's for his double top 20 finish.

Doing every race, and completing all the side-quests =\= winning two top 20 demis in a season.

I understand that not everything can be thought of before hand, but people are not allowed to win multiple demis from same classes in signature races, and this should be the same thing. The Precedent was clearly established there, and the lazy answer last season was to do nothing.

IF GGG allows this to happen again and screws a hardworking player out of a top 20 Demi, color me extremely disappointed.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
I agree that one person getting 2x in top 20 is pretty unfair for others. It's a matter of time you are able to dedicate. The no lifers will always have the advantage.
The season ladder itself is meaningless anyway and pretty much just a function of time-invested. I'd rather GGG replace the current season ladder with a ladder that is actually meaningful than bandaid-fix the problem within the framework of the inherently flawed season ladder we currently have.

It's been suggested before, but the season ladder should be your average points across your 100 or so best races, it wouldn't be a perfect system either, but it would be a better system than what we currently have.

Anytime you design a ladder to mostly reflect how much time was invested as opposed to how well the person did on average you are going to run into problems like this.

The reward points for items should be seperate from the season ladder points and it doesn't even take an extreme scenario like someone going for 2 top 20 spots to identify why there is a fundamental problem with the current system.

All it takes is to simply point out that some classes have an easier time completing side quests/reaching max brackets than others, that alone shows how the season ladder is inherently flawed, because your class choice (at least in part) determines how high you can rank on the ladder (irrespective of how much time you can invest, in other words if your goal is to rank as highly on the ladder as possible some classes are clearly better choices than others, which just shouldn't be the case).

I mean in my "perfect world" the season ladder would have a coefficient that relativizes the results of all classes. For example a ranger's points would be multiplied by say 1.1, whereas a witches points would be multiplied by 0.9.

Of course the numbers would be subject to change. But it's a trivially easy exercise (if you have the time) to analyse the average results of classes and then come up with the appropriate coefficients.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Jun 25, 2014, 2:54:12 PM
How will they enforce this beyond restructuring the ladder system though? Someone may claim that the account belongs to a..family member in the same household?

I don't know. I think they're pretty content with the possibility of having multiple means of placing high on the ladder hence the lack of action. The only exception to this was during the S6 fiasco obviously.

And doesn't jstq have a better ladder in the works?
Last edited by Lyralei on Jun 25, 2014, 2:58:18 PM
Who cares?

As long they create such gargabe shedules + uninteresting rewards + CRAPPY SIGS let racing become unpopular just as Garena racing.

I see people on my FL being in the top 20 who aren't good racers at all, with Top 10 of Class results.

The devs don't listen to the community, give them the FF14 punishment by not participating.

"
I agree that one person getting 2x in top 20 is pretty unfair for others. It's a matter of time you are able to dedicate. The no lifers will always have the advantage.

Try doing only 10 races a season then talk.
You are at last at 66/86 races.

Where are the dev threads:"Season x what do you want"
Season 2 had it and it was the best season so far.

Maybe the next season will be Scrubcore races + Currency rewards again to make Standard more appealing again.
Are you seriously going to compare doing a sig race on another account, setting a record and collecting an additional alt art demi to getting another alt art demi by working a second account into top 20?

The time and effort investment is orders of magnitude apart.

This season should be a lot easier to do this on what with all the DCs.

That being said, I'm all for a tighter, more rewarding ladder system.
"
Hilbert wrote:
"

Try doing only 10 races a season then talk.
You are at last at 66/86 races.

Hey it's mr posting irrelevant information. Aren't you due for another conspiracy post that gets you another temp ban? I have no interest in 2x in top 20. Already proved it.
Last edited by terrex on Jun 25, 2014, 3:24:18 PM
fightgarr is currently best racer of season 8 with exactly 1000 points, i wonder if it will be possible for him to skillfully reach second char to top20 becoming duo bestest playerer of season 8
Last edited by janimauk on Jun 25, 2014, 4:24:17 PM
Fightgarr new rank one racer

[quote="Hilbert"]
CT should be around the art of PKing and not griefing lower levels.
[/quote]
http://www.twitch.tv/zoroxo123
Lets make a deny fightgarr team. I'll do my 1 race a day because this schedule is shit and do the side zones before him. Need EU volunteers and no lifers, aka boof to cover the rest. Dont let me down boof.
IGN: Hybris_the_StormHerald - Nemesis
Season 3 - #3 Marauder - #15 overall points
Season 4 - #2 Marauder - #2 Duelist - #9 overall points
Season 5 - #1 Marauder - #2 Duelist - #20 overall points

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info