My own bowman build (ranger/duelist) - good?

Last edited by Jever on Jun 25, 2014, 1:50:56 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Hey Jever, honestly you have no clue what you're doing, both your trees are really bad and you'll end up with no dps and poor survivability. I think you may not understand some offense and defense game mechanics.

I'm not gonna go in depth, but some pointers... if your intention is to go elemental build, don't go for the Blood Magic keystone, you need to run Wrath and Anger on your mana pool. Or Hatred if you go the physical conversion route. You'll also want Grace probably for survivability. You went resolute technique on both trees and then spec accuracy nodes in your duelist tree...??? Don't go resolute tech for a bow, its easy to get decent crit chance/multiplier and accuracy for bows, and its an essential part of scaling damage. Then there's the endurence charges... you don't need those if you go accrobatics like you seem to want to. The basic 3 charges is enough if you want to run the likes of CwDT + immortal call + enduring cry.

Anyways, I think your best shot right now is to go with one of those popular builds posted here in this forum, with experience you'll figure things out and learn to make something effective that you enjoy.
The biggest fallacy is the idea that Life% is the one and only thing on the tree worth taking. Increased Damage% and attack/cast speed% are very important damage multipliers. A typical Marauder might have 150% increased from his skill gems, and take an additional 300% on the tree. That brings his damage multiplier from 2.5 to 5.5, more than twice as much damage per second.

Every single +10 stat node you take, in a very real, solid, sense makes your character weaker. I often consider any backbone that leaves a significant amount of 12% damage and 4% action speed untaken overextended. These characters in particular will be very slow to level, very slow to find items to upgrade its damage and defense, leech life under the leech cap, and be very miserable to play.

My own opinion of bow rangers is that it's rather silly to not take Lethality, Deadly Draw, Heartseeker, and Pressure Points. On a 5% crit chance bow they're like 30 to 40% more damage, more than that if you use a harbinger, and really since you're saturated with accuracy it'd be a waste not to pick up something that's right there.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info