Marauder: end game viability? **Need advice from high level players pls <3**

Hey guys, marauder types have always been my favorite class to play in action RPGs but for PoE I really don't see the point. From watching streams etc I can tell they do fine in maps against normal mobs, rares and whatever... but when it comes to REALLY tough mobs marauders seem to either have to rely on getting carried by their team mates or put themselves in very severe risk of death (which I'm very concerned about as a hardcore player).

Can any marauders actually stand toe to toe with end game bosses at all? Is this an irrelevant/stupid question? I hope so... pls explain!

Thanks
not a single true melee marauder either on default or hc ladder(Gs and LA is not melee, it's a ranged attack with melee weapon 8) ).... reason is melee in PoE blows.
IGN: Seze
"
_Seze_ wrote:
not a single true melee marauder either on default or hc ladder(Gs and LA is not melee, it's a ranged attack with melee weapon 8) ).... reason is melee in PoE blows.

ya those are 'ranged' skills alright, but they kinda blow when compared to actual ranged classes' dps output.. that's my point exactly. AND YET there are some very successful marauders on the HC ladder... what are their tricks? or do they just get carried? mmm...
"
Skol wrote:
"
_Seze_ wrote:

ya those are 'ranged' skills alright, but they kinda blow when compared to actual ranged classes' dps output.. that's my point exactly. AND YET there are some very successful marauders on the HC ladder... what are their tricks? or do they just get carried? mmm...

One of them is Ground Slam marauder...all others are mages :D they all use Ethereal knives or wands 8)
IGN: Seze
level 74 ground slam marauder here... didn't think I'd make it this far on my first character out of the gate and although I love my guy, if I had to do it over again I'd easily roll a ranged character.

it's not that melee isn't viable, it is perfectly viable. but it does seem ranged simply have it easier and are much more efficient.

then there's the issue of particle effects. in a group of 2 or 3, not that big of a deal. but if you have a larger party, with people spamming lightning arrow, rain of arrows, summons, totems, etc - there's simply no way to really see what you're doing, and targeting mobs is almost impossible. if you're not careful, that could easily lead to death. I've just been lucky so far.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info