Action Screenshot Competition Winners

This has to be rigged. #1 and #2 are total shit. the other 3 are good. not sure how #1 and #2 even made the cut.
IGN: Jarengax
#1 was my least favorite lol.

Loved #4 and #5
IGN: BaiBhai | BhaiBhai | Bhailo

#1 was horrid. From an action shot perspective, all the other ones are better.
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
Oh, I do have a question about the competition. I understand wanting to show off character and enemy models, the environment, etc. But wouldn't it be good to also show some of the flashier sides of PoE, like a large portion of map bosses/maps themselves are? Or even some display of the multiplayer aspect of PoE, with multiple characters on the screen at once. I feel like having some screens of these three different aspects will be a lot more appealing to players coming to the game.

But then again this is just my 2 chaos. I have little experience in game development and hype-training, so my advice might be just dumb. In any case, I would love to hear why you decided to only choose one category of screenshot, rather than a wider variety.
Last edited by HasuKishi on Jun 23, 2014, 9:31:02 PM
Just wanted to add my congratulations to the winners and condolences to the rest. Those are some impressive screenshots. I think my favorite is the witch escaping with lightning warp but they're all good.
Quite a few folks liked #4, the Brutus Smash, and for good reason. Lots of action and graphics, but, what I did't like about #4 was Brutus himself. Looks as though he's just standing there, doing nothing. If the shot would have been a frame or two sooner so it would actually show him crashing down a mighty blow then I would imagine that one would have been the clear winner.

My personal favorite, was #1. Very simple and well stated. You could read a story in to that shot.

Congrats to all the winners. Well done.
The Lab, making a great game good since 2016.
Last edited by Bowman8763 on Jun 23, 2014, 10:33:41 PM
The best one is #3, hands down. #4 is a close runner-up but as others have point out, Brutus looks idle in that particular screenshot and that lower its value a bit.
#1 may not deserve that spot but it's not a too bad of a screenshot either. The most horrid one is definitely #2, that looks like a generic action screenshot which I had to double check to make sure that wasn't a mistake.
dat leap slam!
Strength and Honor,
Phatboi
Last edited by xstylenx on Jun 23, 2014, 11:22:19 PM
Sniffffffffffff...GGG you could have waited 1 or 2 weeks more, I didn't have time to post , and I arrived after the challenge began. Sniffffff.... congrats to the winners.
Last edited by aliggato on Jun 23, 2014, 11:34:33 PM
unlike the Devourer in #4b, the roas in #1 can hardly be interpreted as enemies by people who don't know the game. same goes for the reanimation - it can't be seen if the roa is reanimated, just cluttering to the ground or if the roas are the templars pets.
the #4s both capture crystal clear action and do not portrait a passive no-pants-man, hiding behind his shield amongst some bones and driftwood.

just my opinion ofc. great contest und great submissions overall :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info