Looking for feedback on the current state of racing / Season 8

"
terrex wrote:
"
Unhost wrote:

-------------
Since no one bothered to mention it again in this thread, they still haven't removed corrupted zones and shrines from normal races. But after seeing all the balance that went into this season and Invasion, I won't be too optimistic.

It's just beating a dead baby at this point talking about corrupt zones and shrines in races. They remove so many competitive aspects and slow you down for literally no reason. Here is some extra RNG to take up 5-10 minutes of your run.

But you dont even have to do the corrupted zones or is there something i am missing? I always run past them.
"
"
terrex wrote:
"
Unhost wrote:

-------------
Since no one bothered to mention it again in this thread, they still haven't removed corrupted zones and shrines from normal races. But after seeing all the balance that went into this season and Invasion, I won't be too optimistic.

It's just beating a dead baby at this point talking about corrupt zones and shrines in races. They remove so many competitive aspects and slow you down for literally no reason. Here is some extra RNG to take up 5-10 minutes of your run.

But you dont even have to do the corrupted zones or is there something i am missing? I always run past them.

It's more about the layouts the create. They aren't readable, they send you on journeys and you backtrack minutes. Get two of these and -1 level from running / loss of farm time.
"
terrex wrote:
"
"
terrex wrote:

It's more about the layouts the create. They aren't readable, they send you on journeys and you backtrack minutes. Get two of these and -1 level from running / loss of farm time.

I can see how that can be an issue. Not to mention noobz think they gotta enter them and then they die.
Also large chests came with 1-2 large blue packs and dropped a load of items, so there was some consolation for the lost minute or two. Corrupt zones offer nothing.
IGN: KoTao
"
terrex wrote:
They aren't readable, they send you on journeys and you backtrack minutes.

I'm not convinced they aren't readable. For e.g., the Chatters video you posted. I think Chatters is always either right near/at a dead end, or near the exit. The fact that it was neither in this case, would lead a better player than me to realize it's a corrupted dead end and backtrack sooner.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
"
unsane wrote:
"
terrex wrote:

I'm not convinced they aren't readable. For e.g., the Chatters video you posted. I think Chatters is always either right near/at a dead end, or near the exit. The fact that it was neither in this case, would lead a better player than me to realize it's a corrupted dead end and backtrack sooner.

I gotta admit the burning menace zone sucks when it got a corrupted zone in there. I started to notice what it looks like when it is there but by that time i ran a few seconds without killing shit and im off track.
"
unsane wrote:
"
terrex wrote:

It's not possible to always know right away unless you MH and studied the zones for thousands and thousand of hours.
"
unsane wrote:
"
terrex wrote:

This is not always the case at all. And you can't afford to turn around until you know for sure that it is the corrupted zone because if you DO turn around and miss the exit as a result, you have lost even more time than you would have otherwise. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. It's so bullshit and everyone is sick of it...
IGN: Hybris_the_StormHerald - Nemesis
Season 3 - #3 Marauder - #15 overall points
Season 4 - #2 Marauder - #2 Duelist - #9 overall points
Season 5 - #1 Marauder - #2 Duelist - #20 overall points
Im trying to understand why the race schedule is so bad. The sig race for the season is always at the dumbest times. I feel like the sig race should be in the primetime hours not at like 3am everyday. I don't know looking at the schedule I might be able to do like 2 races at least during the week.
Last edited by renruB on Jun 22, 2014, 10:38:55 AM
"
renruB wrote:
Im trying to understand why the race schedule is so bad. The sig race for the season is always at the dumbest times. I feel like the sig race should be in the primetime hours not at like 3am everyday. I don't know looking at the schedule I might be able to do like 2 races at least during the week.

I dont know where the signature race is always at 3am. Theyre all over the place which is good because everyone gets to do a few.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info