Looking for feedback on the current state of racing / Season 8

Oh right, I forget you can abuse evasion's entropy to make yourself invulnerable to him. Will give that a shot tonight or something. Cheers.
"
Lyralei wrote:
Oh right, I forget you can abuse evasion's entropy to make yourself invulnerable to him. Will give that a shot tonight or something. Cheers.

Died last couple of races to brutus because even though I had insane evasion gear, he still was shitting on me. Basically with full evasion gear you can get 2 shotted. Honestly I'd say brutus is more broken than rukuku for shadows sometime, since you know they can't 2 shot him.
Last edited by Rithz on Jun 30, 2014, 2:03:45 PM
"
Rithz wrote:
"
Lyralei wrote:

Died last couple of races to brutus because even though I had insane evasion gear, he still was shitting on me. Basically with full evasion gear you can get 2 shotted. Honestly I'd say brutus is more broken than rukuku for shadows sometime, since you know they can't 2 shot him.

It gets better when you get chain stunned by his pull + double slam.

Cascade is shit for that fight because you can't do fuck all with it so you end up just sticking with Viper Strike, Bear Trap and Fire Trap. The first sucks ass as a caster cause you miss a good bit, the second doesn't always hit cause s k e l e t o n s and the last makes you pray for crits.

I think I'll stick with Bear+Fire because my experiments have just ended up in fucking failure, especially the viper strike ones.
Last edited by Lyralei on Jun 30, 2014, 8:50:55 PM
"
Unhost wrote:
That was incredibly disappointing.

Don't you have better stories to tell somewhere else with that friend of yours whispering in your ear?

Moving on,

Would like to hear what people thought. Only given a certain amount of time and trying to avoid sounding like a lecture. Speaking is most definitely not my strong point but I always try my best. I tried to elaborate on the issues concerning the competitive feel to races and why it has gotten worse over seasons.

http://www.twitch.tv/zenocidegenius/b/547258996

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMvbMxuX_M8
Last edited by terrex on Jul 13, 2014, 7:12:49 PM
Well I guess it's hard to come up with constructive criticism when most of what he had to work with was wall of text whining.

Still I'd like you to at least speak up and correct yourself when you were clearly talking about shrines and corrupted zones in vanilla races, and zenocidegenius interrupted you with wrongly explaining to the viewers that you were actually talking about descent champions.

I'm guessing most of the audience for the show are relatively new to the game and maybe even just wanted to see the great Chris Wilson, or win some mtx. So they probably don't care all that much about racing in general, because lets face it. The competetive aspect of PoE racing is dying slowly.
We'll see what happens next season, or if the recent cheating outing will bring something. If not, maybe it's time to uninstall.
[quote="Hilbert"]
CT should be around the art of PKing and not griefing lower levels.
[/quote]
http://www.twitch.tv/zoroxo123
"
ZoRoXo wrote:
Well I guess it's hard to come up with constructive criticism when most of what he had to work with was wall of text whining.

Still I'd like you to at least speak up and correct yourself when you were clearly talking about shrines and corrupted zones in vanilla races, and zenocidegenius interrupted you with wrongly explaining to the viewers that you were actually talking about descent champions.

I'm guessing most of the audience for the show are relatively new to the game and maybe even just wanted to see the great Chris Wilson, or win some mtx. So they probably don't care all that much about racing in general, because lets face it. The competetive aspect of PoE racing is dying slowly.
We'll see what happens next season, or if the recent cheating outing will bring something. If not, maybe it's time to uninstall.

Thanks for this. I definitely remember the part and I do agree it it did get lead away from the vanilla race emphasis. It means a lot hearing feedback from you race guys. :)
"
terrex wrote:
"
Unhost wrote:
That was incredibly disappointing.

Don't you have better stories to tell somewhere else with that friend of yours whispering in your ear?

Moving on,

Would like to hear what people thought. Only given a certain amount of time and trying to avoid sounding like a lecture. Speaking is most definitely not my strong point but I always try my best. I tried to elaborate on the issues concerning the competitive feel to races and why it has gotten worse over seasons.

http://www.twitch.tv/zenocidegenius/b/547258996

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMvbMxuX_M8

I think you did an alright job. One thing I didn't quite get was when zeno said "the unique bow in DC is awesome for RoA" and was kind of sad that there was no follow-up or a basic explanation of why?

Because it really isn't "good" at all, the "projectiles return to you" - mod has zero effect when using RoA and other than that the bow is basically just a good crude bow, slightly better than a white short bow.

So if anything, I would criticise zeno for expressing views that clearly don't reflect the reality of the situation at all. It's fine to ask questions, but to make declarative statements on something you don't understand is questionable at best.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Jul 13, 2014, 7:41:39 PM
"
SlixSC wrote:

I think you did an alright job. One thing I didn't quite get was when zeno said "the unique bow in DC is awesome for RoA" and was kind of sad that there was no follow-up or a basic explanation of why?

Because it really isn't "good" at all, the "projectiles return to you" - mod has zero effect when using RoA and other than that the bow is basically just a good crude bow, slightly better than a white short bow.

So if anything, I would criticise zeno for expressing views that clearly don't reflect the reality of the situation at all. It's fine to ask questions, but to make declarative statements on something you don't understand is questionable at best.

I honestly thought he was joking and laughed. Listening it to again I still think he is joking but I agree I could have clarified for newer racers its not that good at all.
"
terrex wrote:
"
SlixSC wrote:

I honestly thought he was joking and laughed. Listening it to again I still think he is joking but I agree I could have clarified for newer racers its not that good at all.

Yeah, it's hard to tell. Not really a big deal anyway. But I thought zeno in general misunderstood some of the things you said, like zoro pointed out, so I had a hard time giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Rather than (wrongly) explaining what you said in his own words he should have said something like "could you explain to some of the less experienced racers what exactly you mean by that?".

I generally don't like it when people speak on behalf of others, because alot of information tends to get lost that way.

Again, it's not a huge deal, but it's the one thing I really didn't like about this discussion at all.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info