[GUIDE] Dual Piscator's CoC

Dual Piscator's CoC

Introduction

This is my first PoE guide so I am looking forward to get comments and feedback. The guide was inspired in the dual unguil CoC for Scion and the Build of the week episode 7 with the Windripper bown CoC for Shadow.

The dual piscator CoC build is an evolution of the dual unguil dagger CoC. It is basically a cheaper version of the Windrippwer bow CoC which is extremely powerful. The main active skills are Barrage and Frenzy. With decent gear we should be able to have 95% critical strike chance in both hands when fully power charged.

I use frenzy combined with power charge on critical strike, GMP, and faster attacks to quickly charge up frenzy and power charges increasing my attack speed and critical strike chance. Also, every time I encounter a pack of monsters I shot one or two times with frenzy to keep my power charges up. The advantage of using frenzy first is that you will have extra time to react against elemental reflect, which is the down side of this build.

The 6L chest goes with: barrage + GMP + cast on critical strike + arc + Fireball and Arctic breath. You can change arc for concentrated effect for the fire ball, but hitting enemies after chocking them increases the damage quite a lot.

Gear

NOTE: The build in my character is a Scion because I originally started it as the dual unguil CoC for Scion with Elemental Equilibrium Key Stone. When the piscator wand was added to the game, I decided to change my tree and build a little. The improvements were amazing! The build is more powerful. With a Shadow is better because you use less points to travel the tree, being able to get more elemental damage and critical strike multiplier nodes.

Defense and reflect

Elemental reflect is the down side of this build because piscator deals only elemental damage. I added an extra CoC with eternal knives and chain as the build of the week seven did as well as two regular wands in my second set of weapons to deal the physical damage I need. It is a good solution. The main defense is evasion. We are taking three key stones for evasion: Acrobatics, Phase Acrobatics and Ondar's Guile.

Right now I am lvl 89 with 4k hp. It is quite low, but with more points and better gear, it can be improved by taking one more life cluster. Also, I didn't manage to get a high eva chest, but mine has almost perfect rolls on elemental resistance and life, which is good enough.

Flasks and Mana

This build does not use clarity to replenish mana. Barrage and Frenzy are mana hungry spells with the respective support gems. To solve this issue, I added a mana flask that recharges when you deal a critical strike. Additionally, I took the soul siphon cluster as in the build of the week 7.

Damage

The damage is tricky to calculate but I will give it a try. The calculations are done assuming we are charged up with 95% crit chance. This will depend on your gear. I managed to get an amulet with 38% increase critical chance which is extremely rare.

8 attacks per second with barrage and GMP = 3 attacks per second and 24 spell casts when we are fully charged up:

Arctic Breath 1.14k DPS x 24 x 5 = 137k DPS
Fire Ball 1k DPS x 24 x = 120k DPS
Arc 1.08k DPS x 24 = 26k DPS

Total = 283k

Tree

Current
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAAYEfgU6BbUOSBGWFfAV9ha_Gtsc3B6UI_YkPCT9JpUnqS2oMHEwfDSTOkI6WEZxSVFKfUt4TGBOKlFHVUtW-lpIWm1br2HiYnlirGNDY3BnoG17cFJw1XRBd9d9dX8rf8aDCYSvhxmHdofbjDaNfY2_kyeT_J2jnaqnXKp_qrisP67PsZC0DLQ4tMW1SLZBt9a7476nwFHC7MSixczGotDu037UI9UA1orWndtZ3FfdDd2o44TlGedU6xTrju4O73rv4-_w8uHz6vej-_X8q_zF_ro=

Full
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAAYEfgU6BbUOSBGWFfAV9ha_GdUa2xzcHpQj9iQ8JP0mlSepLagwcTB8Mww0kzZ7OkI6WEZxSTtJUUp9S3hMYE4qUUdTuFVLVvpaSFptW69d8l76YeJieWKsY0NjcGegaj9te3BScNV0QXfXfXV_K3_GgwmEr4VVhxmHdofbjDaNfY2_j_qTJ5P8naOdqqdcqn-quKw_rs-xkLQMtDi0o7TFtUi2QbfWu-O-p8BRwuzEosXMxqLQ7tN-1CPVANVP1orWndtZ3FfdDd2o3nfjhOUZ51TrFOuO7g7veu_j7_Dy4fPq96P79fyr_MX-uv_e
o_O

Spells != Attacks

I suppose Piscator has some decent properties for COC but man.. surely an ele aura build would be a far better use of all that ele % damage.
@BeerPact
Last edited by muir on Jun 17, 2014, 5:49:49 PM
When I say attacks is for the barrage. I though that was clear on the guide. I don't understand the relationship between the auras you mention and the purpose of this guide. This guide is a replacement build for the dual dagger CoC. There are many better builds but very expensive. This is a high DPS, easy and fun build to play. Please make a constructive comments.
Cheers!
Hmmm.. did I hear someone say, Mana Gained On Kill?

IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
I did mention about mana gain on kill. Soul Siphon cluster in the mana and flask section. thanks!
Hey! Its me! :D

Do you have a level incremental pts build?
20, 40, 80 etc.

Thanks!
I dont understand why you are using 2 or even 1 Piscators.
The elemental damage from your cast on crit spells (arc,arctic breath,fireball) dont benefit from the Piscators "attacks with this weapons have 115% increased elemental damage" since spells are not attacks.
You also dont run any elemental damage auras that would increase your elemental damage with barrage (so your elemental damage is ZERO and you dont benefit from piscators "attacks with this weapons have 115% increased elemental damage" since 0 * 2,15 = 0)

Your barrage damage therefore is... zero.

You litteraly have no benefit at all from running piscators except 10% crit chance.
Every 5 chaos wand would be a lot better.
Last edited by Mynax on Jun 21, 2014, 2:08:08 PM
Piscators for this tree and aura set is absolutely useless. If you put some ele aura (wrath or/and anger) then it will be ok. For your build you need high crit + high SPELLDMG wand. Piscators have ZERO seplldmg increase.
ʕ•̫͡•ʕ*̫͡*ʕ•͓͡•ʔ-̫͡-ʕ•̫͡•ʔ*̫͡*ʔ
what is the point of dual wielding the wands in this build? all you get is the attack speed bonus from DW
studying for GGG's C++ technical exam...
Piscator gives you attack speed, good crit chance, accuracy and ele damage which is quite a lot. It is rare to get a wand with global crit chance. The idea of dual wielding is to use the nodes on the three that give you crit chance, chance to block and attack speed while dual welding. I agree, all the attack elemental for attacks from the piscators goes away, but the accuracy rating, attack speed, and elemental damage work really well for this build. Void battery is a good option but too expensive. This build is a good alternative for some one who does not have a windripper bow. The damage and attack speed you get are really good.

Thanks for the comments!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info