Would this build work? (Axe + Shield)

Hey all...

So after screwing up my third character at high levels because of neglecting defenses, life and/or elemental resistances, I decided to look around for a more tanky build.

So I came up with this build:

But my concern is damage. I'm not putting alot into physical damage increases, mainly focusing on defense (especially tons of HP and regen nodes). Will that impact my gameplay severely at harder difficulties?

I got my duelist to merciless... He does a crazy amount of damage, but he just doesn't stay alive because of 1k HP and ridiculously low resist.

Hope you guys can help, thanks for your time.

P.S. Also, will my high block rating actually hamper me since I have very little block recovery? I.e. "stunned" after blocking...
Last edited by Chrjs on Feb 2, 2013, 3:35:35 PM
No one got any ideas? :(
its very unrealistic to use all the points. I wouldn't go that far north with ur nodes. I would also go for resolute technique then getting all those accuracy nodes. Another reason to get resolute is because you are not getting any crit nodes. I went a different way of tackling the health armor problem with iron reflexes and blood magic. You will need grace then but you end up with a lot of def. You can also use molten shield for extra def. You were also missing some resist nodes that will be a problem on higher lvls. Here is my take on ur build.

I also did an early version of what it would look like with what is most important.

first get resolute, blood magic and then iron reflexes.
Last edited by AtLeast2Cookies on Feb 2, 2013, 4:48:14 PM
But since i'm getting armor mainly, do I really need iron reflexes? It was good for my duelist but I don't see the point when I have virtually no evasion as mara.
"
its very unrealistic to use all the points. I wouldn't go that far north with ur nodes. I would also go for resolute technique then getting all those accuracy nodes. Another reason to get resolute is because you are not getting any crit nodes. I went a different way of tackling the health armor problem with iron reflexes and blood magic. You will need grace then but you end up with a lot of def. You can also use molten shield for extra def. You were also missing some resist nodes that will be a problem on higher lvls. Here is my take on ur build.

I also did an early version of what it would look like with what is most important.

first get resolute, blood magic and then iron reflexes.

I can't believe you wen't all the way up to, but did not get the 30% elemental resistances from wearing a shield. That's like the best part about wearing a shield.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info