GGG Considering Signature Unique Balance Changes

After this season, delete the sword entirely.

To update this season, give a quiver with the sword's stats to make ranger's less awful.
"
Lyralei wrote:
"
Rithz wrote:
The swords were meant for melee shadows, instead they're being used by casters with AOE spells (mainly flameblast, glacial cascade, fire trap).

There's nothing wrong with it being used by casters.

There's something very wrong when its the ONLY weapon used by casters. :|

Actually, is there a build right now that doesn't use it?

I didn't mean casters shouldn't be able to use it. I was just saying it was intended for dual wield melee.

I would say spectral throw scions don't use it, but rumor has it they've been doing fire trap ice nova with it.
"
Rithz wrote:

I would say spectral throw scions don't use it, but rumor has it they've been doing fire trap ice nova with it.

Can confirm, tried this out and its much faster on average than ST. ST will catch up on bosses if you have like a 50ipd weapon. But since you can get 40% ms up the entire time you can clear much more with the dual swords using fire trap / nova.
I really hope they dont... Running around like a mad women 1 shotting everything with flameblast dual wielding swords is too much fun! :) Only race I make an attempt to play
IGN Ken__Kaniff
Yeah, the swords are OP, but the frantic play style these swords afford the player is amazing. I have more fun in this race because of these swords than any other race to date. And since this is the only place in the game where we can play with them, it'd be a shame if they get deleted or nerfed to the ground.

It gets too messy when things change drastically in the middle of a race season. I say keep this season as is, and balance everything for season 9.
It's very clear that the sword was intended to buff the viability of one-handed melee skills such as cleave or reave.

It's funny that the sword itself is pretty much just a tacit admission that cleave and reave are complete shit in races and the only way to even bring them up to par with other skills is via a game-breaking unique.

But what's truly ironic about all of this is that nobody is actually using cleave, so the sword doesn't even fullfil it's purpose. (LOL)

I mean for how long have I asked for a cleave buff now.... more than half a year and it's still garbage compared to all the alternatives and this sword is pretty much just a testament to how bad GGG are at balancing race skills.

I know this is just a rant and not really adding much to the discussion, but it just makes me laugh... that's all.

But here is my suggestion to GGG... balance your game... plain and simple. Not by adding OP uniques, just balance the skills in a reasonable way, if cleave and reave weren't so bad this sword probably wouldn't even exist in the first place.

It was only a matter of time until some of the questionable balance decisions made by GGG in the past would result in something as stupid as this sword. But that's just what happens when you refuse to balance racing skills for YEARS.

And unless GGG actually start to balance the game things are only going to get worse, there are only so many injuries you can bandaid fix until your patient dies.

edit: But what frustrates me the most about all of this is that everyone is complaining about the sword, which is obviously too strong, but it's a first world problem. "Oh no, oh no, our characters are too strong" Cry me a fucking river. How about we actually look at the classes that are underperforming for once? Ranger is getting shat on left and right, shadows aswell to a lesser extent, but with all the whining about the sword GGG will once again fail to actually balance the game.

Here is an interesting thought for you people, even if GGG removed the sword ranger would still be the shittiest class, the sword only amplifies the effect, but ranger was always complete trash as a class outside of the standard setting (DC and the old Descent aswell).

And at no point did anyone ever think "you know what we should probably bring the weak classes up to par and stop focusing all our efforts on classes that would be overperforming regardless".
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Jun 17, 2014, 12:16:26 AM
For future seasons summer shouldn't be in BOTH chests. Maybe in the defensive one as a really weird or difficult choice un-nerfed? I dunno.
IGN: Sexy_Batman Brag_Ironballs Lady_Jaya_Ballard Orbok_Meatgod Two_Open_Sockets
"
SlixSC wrote:
But what's truly ironic about all of this is that nobody is actually using cleave, so the sword doesn't even fullfil it's purpose. (LOL)

it would be hilarious if this was true
"
Update June 16, 2014: Please post feedback about this race type in the race forum. We're considering balance changes to the unique items but want to assess how this will affect the signature competition before making a commitment to this change.

Seasons already at the halfway mark, better come to some sort of decision soon if you want said decision to make any difference.
IGN: KoTao
Last edited by KoTao on Jun 26, 2014, 8:10:35 PM
...Any time now.
IGN: KoTao

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info