Elemental Hit Piscator's Vigil Theorycraft build

You might consider dropping LMP for Elemental Proliferation, which won't give you a damage penalty and won't care whether there are 3 mobs in a pack or 30.

Also worth considering dropping some life or other nodes to pick up Arcing Blows and Ice Bite, both which you're relatively near.

What's Pain Attunement doing for you?
------
"And 'Do what thou willst' shall be the whole of the law." -- Aleister Crowley
"First, love; then, do what thou willst." -- St. Augustine
"Whatever is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
Last edited by SinisterDexter on Jun 16, 2014, 7:47:41 PM
You can have around 200% WED from gear alone if you get the right items and if you also add the WED gem thats well over 250% increased damage. And for 5 points that i spend to get those 2 passive i could just spec into pure elemental damage for 3 points and reach the same result + it also increases the fire dmg as well.

As for pain attunement its not taken. I just checked it now and its not taken so i donno what do you mean by that question.

As for the LMP/prolif discussion i am totally new to this type of skill gems and to me LMP + pierce sounds better. With enough crit chance you can freeze/shock/ignite alot of mobs even without ele prolif and past a certain point LMP will actually give damage instead of taking it away

ATM im lvl 20 with my ranger and leveling with ST ( easiest way imho ). I will keep this thread update as much as i can.

If you have any more ideas/suggestions on how to improve this build feel free to type them here :)
my builds:
- COLB (Cast On Last Breath) first ever build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1632595
- the Flash: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1367774
- the oro's bridle build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1409823
Last edited by The_x_ile on Jun 18, 2014, 3:50:43 AM
"
The_x_ile wrote:

I understand what you are trying to say with this build option but to me it sounds way 2 squishy even with the aura supports.

You have very low life, low evasion and even if it gets boosted by grace with aura passive its still not enough. And you will have a very good portion of your mana reserved to compensate for the low defenses. On the bright side the crit mana and mana regen look pretty good.

After making and failing many chars i found out a few fundamental things about builds.

1. Have over 200% life or ES if you go CI
2. Have a max of 2 gimmicks ( like in my case mana + crit )

Going for aura + mana + crit _ power charges extends the tree waay too much.

Edit : My tree can incorporate aura support and i think i can ditch the MoM for artic armor + IR combo to mitigate damage.

This is a skill tree with some aura support. I still feel that HP is more important then some auras but hey im still learning

Last edited by Sekkurel on Jun 18, 2014, 3:24:33 PM
so let me get it right... 200% life is fine.. but my 180% is the problem? even with AA and MOM?
my builds:
- COLB (Cast On Last Breath) first ever build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1632595
- the Flash: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1367774
- the oro's bridle build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1409823
After some tweeking i finally found the build that fits the phrase "best of both worlds"

Mana remaines the same ( 92% /100% mana regen ) Life drops a little ( we are at 214 % max life now ) but i get 6 power charges and 3% effect of buffs on us so im guessing at max charges i have around 360.5% extra crit chance unlike the 350 basic charge bonus. I however lose some crit multiplier dropping to 30 from 90. But i guess i can compensate for that with a increase crit multi gem and some good crit gear.

As for the links in my ele hit i am thinkin Ele hit + lmp + chain + LL for a 4 link and for a 6l i am thinking add extra chance + multi gems.

What i am having problems atm is with the aoe part of the build. The LMP + Chain should cover alot of mobs ( thats 3 mobs + 6 more chained so thats a total of 9 targets hit per shot ) but the damage reduction is extremely high. So if anyone have any idea how to resolve this problem that would be great

As for mitigation we are gonna use just AA with evasion as the second layer of defense. Some granite flasks from time to time should resolve the issue. If not Lightning coil will surely will.

200% life I think might be a bit low. Arctic Armor helps against small hits but you are playing at range so you don't need this and it doesn't help against big heavy hits.

Ele hit + lmp + chain - these 3 gems have INSANE mana cost, I'm not sure if you have even tried it yet but that is nearly impossible to sustain on mana. And as you said - you reduce so much damage with LMP + Chain.

I tried to make a new Ranger and tried a wand build, I tried both physical Power Siphon and elemental proliferation based on burn. I gotta say you will have 10x easier time just going an elemental spectral throw build.

Wand builds are weak unless you are level 80+ and have a very strong physical wand or build specifically for aura loading. One big downside is you have to travel far to get physical wand nodes, and even further to get all the aura nodes. The elemental proliferation on burn works for AOE nicely so you do not need LMP or Chain, however if you end up in a party with someone doing cold damage your AOE will fail because shattered mobs cannot proliferate. You need high crit also for goood burn. You also cannot put a strong burn on the unique bosses due to their high life. You will need to travel far for the burn nodes, and maybe add in Entropy node as well, but still it is a big stretch on the tree. Alternatively, if you decide to go LMP / Chain / Pierce - this will definitely cause
mana issues and you may have to use Blood Magic gem which takes up a slot.

So if you want to do life wander - it can work, but I find it is not that optimal. If you want more damage you can go low-life Ranger wander - but I think Shadow or Witch or Scion has the best start for this due to their access to spell damage nodes for CoE.

Spectral Throw is just soo good and easy you will find it enticing to just keep using that skill.

Also big negative is lack of movement skill with wand builds, I do not like Lightning Warp because if you are stunned/interrupted when casting you cannot warp and are screwed - especially in fights like Atziri. You have to rely on Quicksilver flasks and avoid getting surrounded by mobs AT ALL COSTS.

Anyway, that's just my take based on my own experiments, I even tried to make a dual wield wand but you lose so much defense and combine that with no movement skill in 75+ maps = good night. So yeah, build can work, but with spectral throw available it is hard to justify doing a wand build - spectral throw has:

- lower mana cost
- free pierce
- scales well with crit due to multiple hits
- ability to move while still doing damage since your weapon hits both going out and coming back

Power siphon has:
- cull
- power charges

I would love to see a really strong Ranger life-based wander build, but I think right now it is not feasible/practical. Best I think is to go low-life with CoE Ranger wander based on burn elemental proliferation and play mostly solo.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Jun 19, 2014, 8:47:23 PM
This build is not based on physical its based on Elemental hit. Not physical damage involved unless i get it from gear.

This is the weapon and core component of the build.

And you are right thats way to much mana cost per cast.

If my calculations are right with LMP + Chain i should have around 240 mana per cast and im guessing i will have around 3 attacks per second so the actual drain will be around 720 mana per second. With piece however i will have around 187.2 mana drain per attacks and per second if i continue attacking it should be around 561.6 mana drained.

The reason i am posting all of this is to get the help of the community and try to solve this issue. This build can work with the ranger tree but i need some help figuring out the correct combination of gear + tree to make this work.
Im planning to build something with this wand too.
And i tell ya: ele hit is piece of crap. You better use power siphon lvl1 and wrath+anger auras in Alpha's Howl helmet. It will be waaay better and mana cost will be waaay lower.
ʕ•̫͡•ʕ*̫͡*ʕ•͓͡•ʔ-̫͡-ʕ•̫͡•ʔ*̫͡*ʔ
I have a level 80 Piscator's Vigil wander, Level 1 20% quality Power Siphon outclasses Elemental Hit in every aspect, because Power Siphon damage scales much higher thanks to 145% increased damage from the skill gem, and the % increased effect of Auras.

I was using Ele hit for my 4link single target setup, with a 18/20 Ele Hit i had 6k dps less than with 1/20 Power Siphon.

TLDR Elemental Hit is dogshit.
Lowest level Hardcore Atziri Kill ~ Level 65 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyDB6Haa6U8
Level 100 Tempest HC with self-made and most played build of POE 2.0 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlTUOhqEZ9s
(✿◠‿◠)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info