Update on Expansion Development Timeline

What if the one month league is cut-throat?

Was requested by several players afaik.

You could even throw in strongboxes/invaders/whatever for crazy fun :D
My Build Compendium: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1634158
Thank you as always for the update Chris; keep up the great work!
"Experience is the best teacher,but there's only one seat in his classroom."
Play with honour and show some class - www.theAmazonBasin.com
Zarabeth - Level 89 Ranger
Wicked Wanda - Level 87 Witch
Xarabeth - Level 79 Scion
"
Ornstein wrote:
1 month hardcore league with

-every rare has a nemesis mod
-anarchy exile spawn rate
-nerfed invasion bosses (no other mobs invading)
-full strongboxes

#dream :D

- onslaught
Thanks for the update guys and gals, love the work you put into this game. And I cant wait to see the new goodies ;p
"
"
DaveSW wrote:
So some time in 2015 Cruel difficulty will disappear? Once act 4 gets released it means we'd have to play through 12 total acts, instead of 9. Cutting that down to 8 seems like a good idea.

Would need to find a way to work in the cruel passive points into either the 2 Act 4s or more into the existing acts though?

Easy solution. You don't currently get a reward for reaching the Forest Encampment, nor a reward for reaching the City of Sarn. Add into that whatever points you get from Act 4 and you're good.
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
Last edited by Felix35071 on Jun 13, 2014, 4:47:38 AM
General suggestions

I know something that would bring a lot of new players : translations. Not the voice acting, just everything else. "Just". I know this is a lot of work, but translations are primarily needed in : dialogs, skill description, passives description. Skill and item names are not required for understanding and playingthe game. That can come later (or never).

I'm ok with the english, I'm just talking about some friends I tried to drag into PoE. Their answer was "but it is in english, I won't understand it". And they didn't even try.

Content suggestions

About pure content. I'm a mid-casual player, and Atziri is just out of my reach. I will never be able to confront her. Never. Except for a suicide mission just to see how many seconds I can survive.

I'm partially ok with that. I understand that it's good to have content reserved for elite players. But releasing a mini expansion, where the only boss in it is elite-only, that's frustrating for all other players.
The ideal would be to have something to please other players as well.

Please note that SotV is really awesome, even if the final boss is unreachable for me.
The corrupted items, corrupted skills, corrupted areas, are awesome additions to the gameplay.
Meeting a corrupted area when you're just trying to get xp or go through story is a challenge that has to be considered wisely.
The corrupted gems are like "uber powers", but not so uber so they can't ruin existing builds or make other gems obsolete. That was incredibly well thought.

Other suggestions

I will never ask for an auction house. But something to ease the trade between players might be interesting.
For a mid-casual gamer like me, the trade forums and other dedicated websites are scary as hell.
Something like a Bazaar (you set it IG only) viewable on forums/websites (read-only, with search engine ?) might be an idea. The possibility to send an in game notice/message should be good too, even for offline players.
Just random thoughts, I never seriously asked myself about what I really want.

And one more thing. You add skills often. That's cool, but I'm not sure the pace should be that up. We (casual players) don't have the time to fully explore a skill before deciding to keep it or not. Before we finish the study, another skill has already been introduced. But maybe that's the drawback of being casual (If so, I'm ok with that).
Note that corrupted gems are not concerned by this.

I hope this will be useful, thanks for reading !
Keep up the good work, these high standards of yours are just great

"
rossidis wrote:
fanboys can deny it

Well, you dont need to be a fanboy to just like it you know, it's almost as if you think your opinion is a fact.
Hopefully, this time the content will be accessible to us normal folks.

Thanks for the updates, better communication leads to better overall developers :)
Playing a dual-wielding swordsman of some kind.
In game name is Kaosu and/or ChaosBlade.
Last edited by ransagy on Jun 13, 2014, 5:00:52 AM
"
Chris wrote:
Our estimated release date for the mini-expansion is mid-August. This is a total of five months of development time, and it's going to be worth every minute. While it's far too early for us to tease its contents, we're very confident that it will be answer many of the requests of existing players, while also helping ease new players into Wraeclast. We've learned a lot from Sacrifice of the Vaal and have factored in masses of your feedback into the next expansion.

Well, it kinda looks a bit more promising, but hopes will not be built up. I'll either be pleasantly surprised or not let down.

I remember the 'awesome hype' which turned out to be temporary league.
I remember 'Rocktober' which, not coincidentally, launched with the removal of the manifesto which stated 'our core design goal for the multiplayer aspects of Path of Exile is that multiplayer and singleplayer are equally viable'; yeah, right.
I remember SotV build up, which made me finally put down PoE and go play other games for 3 months.

So I'll just tell myself this expac will be all about shopping and not be let down, maybe, just maybe, I might be surprised and the only feature to affect me won't be that my characters in a permanent league are all reset, to be built again, if they can be, as similar as before in a changed tree.
Casually casual.

I'm a Casual Player, but i'm so interesting right now about go more deep into Wraeclast's History... i've been dreaming (just a lil bit) about some things: the reasons of the broken bridge where kraytin's lies.... Maybe just a previous Battle, but what territories lies beyond that crack... what other misteries surrounding our continent, full of secrets and threads, those surely known by Mr. Eternal Captain and Tarkleigh... maybe those misteries that siosa would love to reveal for us that could clear us a bit more, even about the origins of the Virtue gems itself... (gotta admit that many things that i knew by the game got straight after reading the wiki's history section)

This is one of the few games i truly fell in love with, mostly for his complexity... i'm really happy to the team as hungry as ever to keep exalting his dreams into reality.

Just for the Record i'm still having plenty of joy just figuring out how to improve synergies on my desired builds, and i'm sure many ones around will always enjoy rediscovering possibilities, with new content... but i really hope that at 1.3 we have the wraeclast's survivors ready to seek the glories of the arenas!!, ( by tournies ;D hehehe) best of luck in everything GGG!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info