:: Mikelat's Aura Calculator - Dozens of Options and Features ::

dear god....

that's impressive.

Finally an aura calculator with multiple aura groups to factor in all the different combinations of items and nodes
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
mikelat wrote:
I need more context to know what your talking about, can you give me a link me to your aura build as well? It's tough to figure out where the math went wrong when I don't know your aura setup :\

Already put that in my previous post (sans link, admittedly), first line:
46% Reduced Reserve + MC
lv1 RM + lv4 BM
Hatred

It's not so much an 'aura setup' as it is 'me fucking around until the calc and the game disagree'.

Considering it's all just math, which all things considered is rather predictable, it should be possible to get accurate results with any setup (see also: the game :P ). I was curious whether you had managed, because that would be kicking rad, so I made a character useless (free respecs, woo) and grabbed a bunch of random Gems.
OK so the difference between your calculations and mine is you rounded it down at the end which I didn't do. Doing that would break the current combinations that I know work, so I think the problem is solely with mortal conviction and I think it's rounded up separately.

You can beta test the new calculations here: http://poe.mikelat.com/beta/

You can see the changes I made here: https://github.com/mikelat/poe-calc/compare/beta?expand=1

It so far keeps my numbers and fixes the ones with mortal conviction, so I think this is perhaps what they're doing.

EDIT: My friend tells me it's wrong now, so I'm stumped.
Last edited by mikelat on Jun 17, 2014, 10:42:12 PM
Got word back from Mark. :)

So, there's a way to multiply Reduced * Less to get a single modifier. Here's the relevant bits:

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
[..]
60 * 0.9 * 2.37 = 127.98, rounds to 127% Base Reserve[..]
The correct calculation is
Total % reduction to reservation = (100 + -46) * (100 + -40) / 100 - 100 = -68
I.E. A 46% reduced and a 40% less modifier combine to a total of a 68% reduced modifier.
This is the bit I brushed over, it has to calculate the total % reduction of reservation first. Because this total is a stat, and thus must be an integer, it's rounded, but this is specifically rounded to the nearest integer, so 67.6 rounds to 68.

Then this is applied a to calculate the amount to remove from the reserve.
127 * 0.68 = 86.36, rounds to 86.

127 - 86 = 41

Thank you for all your efforts by the way, Mikelat :) It looks real solid.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jun 18, 2014, 6:36:14 AM
"
mikelat wrote:
... EDIT: My friend tells me it's wrong now, so I'm stumped.

And let me explain why.

So ingame I have grabbed every single last Mana Reduction Node, Blood Magic AND Mortal Conviction.

You can see the auras I run here; http://bit.ly/1lD1dsD

And it matches up PERFECTLY with my ingame math. Proving that, atleast in the scenario I have presented, the math is acurate to a T (and has been over many levels for me, at the very least, regarding Mortal Conviction).

"
Vipermagi wrote:
Got word back from Mark. :)

So, there's a way to multiply Reduced * Less to get a single modifier. Here's the relevant bits:

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
[..]
60 * 0.9 * 2.37 = 127.98, rounds to 127% Base Reserve[..]
The correct calculation is
Total % reduction to reservation = (100 + -46) * (100 + -40) / 100 - 100 = -68
I.E. A 46% reduced and a 40% less modifier combine to a total of a 68% reduced modifier.
This is the bit I brushed over, it has to calculate the total % reduction of reservation first. Because this total is a stat, and thus must be an integer, it's rounded, but this is specifically rounded to the nearest integer, so 67.6 rounds to 68.

Then this is applied a to calculate the amount to remove from the reserve.
127 * 0.68 = 86.36, rounds to 86.

127 - 86 = 41

Thank you for all your efforts by the way, Mikelat :) It looks real solid.

Hi there, I've had another crack at it and produced this version: http://poe.mikelat.com/beta

It seems to now fit your numbers plus the numbers of my friend VGPat. So it was definitely a tiny rounding error around convocation. If you guys tell me the numbers are matching correctly I'll update the main aura calculator to use the new math I've implemented.

Thanks for your help again guys, and give mark my thanks for clarifying this.
Last edited by mikelat on Jun 19, 2014, 4:52:51 PM
Hm. 46% Reduced Reserve + MC on an unlinked 60% Aura lists 20% in-game, 19% in the beta calc.

(100 + -46) * (100 + -40) / 100 - 100 = -67.6, rounds to 68% total reduction
60 * 0.68 = 40.8, rounds to 40% reduction
60 - 40 = 20%

The math Mark provided checks out it seems.

------more dicking around------

46% Reduced alone also returns incorrect values.
60 * 0.46 = 27.6, rounds to 27
60 - 27 = 33, calc displays 32

Seems the Total Reduction value isn't being rounded down every time, perhaps?
It's looking great and working great! Definitely going to bookmark it.
Do you think you could work an Eldritch Battery option or is it too situational/complex?
Many thanks!
Awesome calculator... first one I've bothered to use w/o double checking on a desk calc. ++++++Multiple aura groups
@BeerPact
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Hm. 46% Reduced Reserve + MC on an unlinked 60% Aura lists 20% in-game, 19% in the beta calc.

(100 + -46) * (100 + -40) / 100 - 100 = -67.6, rounds to 68% total reduction
60 * 0.68 = 40.8, rounds to 40% reduction
60 - 40 = 20%

The math Mark provided checks out it seems.

------more dicking around------

46% Reduced alone also returns incorrect values.
60 * 0.46 = 27.6, rounds to 27
60 - 27 = 33, calc displays 32

Seems the Total Reduction value isn't being rounded down every time, perhaps?

Beta site updated. The issue was with the order of which I was rounding the numbers. It's working now with all the combinations I have for testing, and the ones you mentioned.

"
landrew831 wrote:
It's looking great and working great! Definitely going to bookmark it.
Do you think you could work an Eldritch Battery option or is it too situational/complex?
Many thanks!
It's a situational/complex item but I'm thinking of adding it in as an advanced item.

The only problem is mainly you have to know how much ES you have and how much ES% nodes you're planning on getting from the tree. Still, its something I can do for guesswork.
I haven't been able to find further inaccuracies :) Sweet!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info