FiretrapZeno's Crit Firetrap build

Hello there,

I wanted to share my crit firetrap build with the community, since the build is fun and great for clearing maps.

Basically how firetrap works is: if you crit it's 100% chance for enemies to burn, and using elemental profilation it spreads to everyone in screen. It's important you have critical damage multiplier since the burn is based on 20% of the damage per second for 4s.

I've done all maps up to 78, I've had no problem with them, besides if it's 50% less regen or no life regen/bloodmagic mod, because I'm mana dependant. I've done all the bosses but the 78 ones, tried dominus in palace, got him into second form but then got killed. Enfeeble can be annoying because you have less crit, and with the low crit base of firetrap it's really annoying.

Pros
Spoiler

-No elemental reflect
-Clear everything on critical
-High defense against fire/physical damage due to Arctic Armour
-40% less damage taken due to MoM
-Nice mobility (Lightning warp)
-Can Kite
-Can almost do any mod

Cons
Spoiler

-Crit chance not so high
-Can't do bloodmagic/noregen/halfregen maps
-Needs a lower level AA in halfregen maps, if you want to do them. Not recommended.
-Need lots of manaregen to sustain Arctic armour and MoM
-Heavy hits get you low on mana
-Solo Build, not so good with more people. The monsters become harder to kill and you eventually run out of traps

My gear and links
Spoiler

You can either use a carcass jack or Cloak of defiance, but the nodes would be different.

I haven't got powercharges linked into firetrap because you won't gain any if you crit, the firetrap is on it's own, he gets the powercharges not you, just like Elemental reflect, it doesn't do anything to YOU.
If I had a 6link I would probably link increased critical chance, because the critical chance is really low as it is right now.

Tree with cloak of defiance

Tree with Carcass jack

My firetrap stats without charges
Spoiler

My defenses
Spoiler

Videos
Spoiler
Last edited by CyberZeno on Jun 18, 2014, 12:54:55 PM
What do you think about

For the powercharges instead?

And

Has the ''usual'' trapper items?
Last edited by ZePample on Jun 8, 2014, 3:07:18 PM
I was dying far too much with the belt, the 142 life from my belt multiplied by 168% works very well, and I'd drop resists with those items. Not really worth it in my opinion.
Defense > damage.
The divinarius is not needed, since we use elemental profilation, I still need to buy something
new because mine has low multiplier.
And for the shield, I don't like it that much, as I said, my crit chance on fire traps is low, I need as much as I can get, plus power charge chance is low.

Edit: I changed to divinarius anyways, the spelldamage is nice to have
Last edited by CyberZeno on Jun 15, 2014, 1:47:31 PM
I'm not sure of how you destroy packs of monsters with a conc effect fire trap.

Could we see a gameplay video in a 75-76 ish map ?
Concentrated effect doesn't affect elemental profil.
So everything just dies, also a video is being uploaded doing a 73 map, will post a higher later.
nvm
Last edited by ZePample on Jun 8, 2014, 5:40:19 PM
"
CyberZeno wrote:
Concentrated effect doesn't affect elemental profil.
So everything just dies, also a video is being uploaded doing a 73 map, will post a higher later.

Conc effect does affect Elemental Proliferation actually. If you stack a lot of Increased AoE you can burn things off screen. Also Elemental Proliferation has an AoE tag.
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"Everyone can at least be exposed to Leo's PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
Oh, my bad. Well even if it does it's not such a big deal, everything still dies in almost all my screen.
Tree for carcass jack with MoM into it?
up

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info