Mercenary Companion

"
"
mouhanad wrote:
Bump! Come on, am I the only one who would like having mercenary companions for our lonely exiles in the forsaken wretched land of wraeclast?

Not sure but i think they already said no to this before.

From what I read in earlier threads they were not opposed to the idea and they realized that this will open up the door for new micro-transactions... I think they were just concerned about balancing issues, but my suggestion works around that.

Unless there are other posts from the devs on the topic that I missed, I don't see why this not implemented. Sure they have to carefully balance the companions in terms of what they can and can't do but on the plus side I think they can sell a lot of mercenary skin MTX once implemented.
Last edited by mouhanad on Jun 7, 2014, 5:09:21 AM
I only want a mercenary if I can send him to do content without me being in the game, that way I can leave home, go on assignment and have a dude farming for me 24/7.

Much balance, so serious. Wow.
Closed beta member since: March 19, 2012
"
f3rret wrote:
I only want a mercenary if I can send him to do content without me being in the game, that way I can leave home, go on assignment and have a dude farming for me 24/7.

Much balance, so serious. Wow.

I know this post was meant as a joke but why do some people assume companions would be so strong? Are companions in Star Wars the Old Republic capable of farming content on their own? Why would Mercenaries Path of Exile be any different?
Last edited by mouhanad on Jun 7, 2014, 9:05:35 AM
This is Path of Exile not Path of the Social Outcast.

Show your support for Mercenary Companions on this thread for the sake of our lonely exile and for the sake of GGG who would make out like bandits from MTX companion skin sales.
Mercenary Companion = reason to buy more cosmetic MTXs = GGG makes more money

Come on GGG, make it so.
"
mouhanad wrote:

Come on GGG, make it so.

You know there is an edit your post function. Please use it.
"
"
mouhanad wrote:

Come on GGG, make it so.

But edit doesn't bump... :)
"
mouhanad wrote:
"
"
mouhanad wrote:

Come on GGG, make it so.

But edit doesn't bump... :)

GGG reads all suggestions. Bumps are useless and take space of other suggestions on the front page.
I think it'd be a neat idea - provided you can customize them a bit just like you can in SWTOR.
"
AlfaTangOh wrote:
I think it'd be a neat idea - provided you can customize them a bit just like you can in SWTOR.

Companions in SWTOR is exactly what I had in mind when suggesting this. They make an impact but so much so as to unbalance the game. They are customizable to an extent. You can equip them with your loot. They make the whole experience less of a one-man-army sort of thing when one does not want to join a group.

Come on people let's hear your support for mercenary companions and perhaps we will see them in the next league or Act 4.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info