Let's talk about Dual Wielding...

"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Opinionated wrote:
I am still waiting for some kind of source that says what monster armour is currently. Wiki has no source.

The wiki links to VDoom's post, which has a link to a stream where Neon throws out top-end toughest monster armour numbers.

When you go to said stream, at said time stamp, there is no mention of this armour. I am not saying he is a liar; but I need a source before I believe him. Then who is to say that armour values have not changed? Does it say anything about the armoured mod rares get? Lot's of questions but first things first. And seriously, if we have known armour values for this long; we should also know monster life values.
<3 Free Tibet <3
Last edited by Opinionated on Jun 7, 2014, 8:12:45 AM
"
Opinionated wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Opinionated wrote:
I am still waiting for some kind of source that says what monster armour is currently. Wiki has no source.

The wiki links to VDoom's post, which has a link to a stream where Neon throws out top-end toughest monster armour numbers.
When you go to said stream, at said time stamp, there is no mention of this armour.
I just did the exact same thing, not 10 minutes ago, and I heard it just fine.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"I can tell you that the highest-Armour entity in the game has 983 Armour. That is the highest amount of Armour a monster can have in the game."
Right at the 7:05:50 mark.
Ah sorry I was not listening but reading :x .

So what is the hold up? Someone make a list of monster life values. From there we can get a good idea of monster resistance values. And btw does the guy that supplied the armour values work for ggg?
<3 Free Tibet <3
edit: nevermind, found the post in this thread.
What is this.. 4th account? Here since May 2012.

Switching to another account for this ladder
Last edited by Freesland2 on Jun 7, 2014, 9:58:41 AM
"
kolp wrote:

Hey Mark, thanks for popping in and clearing up some of our questions/concerns. Would you mind commenting why elemental attack damage was excluded from the recent buff? I understand it wasn't feasible to buff apsd, but to not include elemental damage is puzzling.

This, please just answer this.

edit: ffs I thought I clicked edit on my above post.

Last edited by Freesland2 on Jun 7, 2014, 10:03:25 AM
"
Freesland2 wrote:
"
kolp wrote:

Hey Mark, thanks for popping in and clearing up some of our questions/concerns. Would you mind commenting why elemental attack damage was excluded from the recent buff? I understand it wasn't feasible to buff apsd, but to not include elemental damage is puzzling.

Yeah, it's odd. Mark even posted since I asked for clarification, but didn't address why elemental was excluded. He might not even know the specifics of exactly why, I can't keep track of which Devs are in charge of what (I thought Qarl was the balance guy?).

Anyway, it's their game anyway, and they don't owe us any response. It's nice when they do throw us a bone though.
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
Last edited by Wadjet on Jun 7, 2014, 12:24:51 PM
"
Opinionated wrote:
Ah sorry I was not listening but reading :x .

So what is the hold up? Someone make a list of monster life values. From there we can get a good idea of monster resistance values. And btw does the guy that supplied the armour values work for ggg?

So glad they shut you up and humbled you for me :)

I am not late on anything, you said hatred and added fire would double dip if dual wield got a 20% more to all damage multiplier. I stated a fact, they would not. No one asked for a separate buff to elemental damage. And you clearly do not know what the word double dip means here. A 20% more damage multi is the same thing as say conc effect with cyclone and hatred, there is no double dipping.
Last edited by ancalagon3000 on Jun 7, 2014, 1:47:04 PM
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:

So glad they shut you up and humbled you for me :)

I am not late on anything, you said hatred and added fire would double dip if dual wield got a 20% more to all damage multiplier. I stated a fact, they would not. No one asked for a separate buff to elemental damage. And you clearly do not know what the word double dip means here. A 20% more damage multi is the same thing as say conc effect with cyclone and hatred, there is no double dipping.

"
Opinionated wrote:
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:

it is <1k, which means 95%+ of physical builds are getting the vast, vast majority of their dmg in

Really, why every single element build tries to sacrifice a gem slot for a pen gem? Monster resists eat up a lot of elemental dmg

And how do you know how much armour monsters have?

This talk about elemental vs physical is nonsense. Hatred and added fire both get a buff from dual wielding. All skills that convert physical to elemental damage get a buff from dual wielding. If they gave elemental damage a separate buff then physical builds will double dip.

*Edit* I just did an in-game test. I gain 1100 cold and 1100 fire damage, just from dual wielding. I am not even using a mirror weapon. I gain 2.2k dps just from dual wielding.

Your anger is blocking your reading comprehension apparently. So I took the liberty of bolding and underling the important parts. Vipermagi was kind enough to provide your "stated facts" well before you. Thus, why I said you were late to the party. Maybe with these free bumps GGG will chime in with our answer.
<3 Free Tibet <3
"
kolp wrote:
"
Freesland2 wrote:
"
kolp wrote:

Yeah, it's odd. Mark even posted since I asked for clarification, but didn't address why elemental was excluded. He might not even know the specifics of exactly why, I can't keep track of which Devs are in charge of what (I thought Qarl was the balance guy?).

Anyway, it's their game anyway, and they don't owe us any response. It's nice when they do throw us a bone though.

The change doesn't make much sense, so yeah, a clarification would be nice. I think Qarl's the balance guy, but who knows who can actually answer this question. I just hope that they won't let this be, just like they left cleave be with that buff to 80%, even though it's still really bad.

Last edited by Freesland2 on Jun 7, 2014, 5:00:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info