CI and stun....

Does anyone else feel that CI is just crutched by the way stuns are calculated by your life? sure you can use the ammy, but thats a waste of a perfectly good slot. i mean CI is already a fair compromise! your life is 1. that should be the only compromise. getting stun locked to death shouldn't be a part of the deal.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Stun chance is based on your Life without CI. If you grab Increased Life/+Life, you will be Stunned less often, even though your total Life is still at 1. Additionally, since you practically always have ES, you practically always have 50% Chance to ignore Stun already.
Also, getting stunned is not all bad. The Cast when Stunned trigger gem can be quite powerful if you use it right.
"
Incompetent wrote:
Also, getting stunned is not all bad. The Cast when Stunned trigger gem can be quite powerful if you use it right.

Cant agree with you, some use it as you say, but its not much as you think.
Stun and damage from monsters are insane! SPECIAL - chaos damage... its broken, just not balanced at all in any case.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Stun chance is based on your Life without CI. If you grab Increased Life/+Life, you will be Stunned less often, even though your total Life is still at 1. Additionally, since you practically always have ES, you practically always have 50% Chance to ignore Stun already.

why on earth would any CI want to grab life passives? thats the dumbest thing i have ever heard
Getting stunned is usually more "annoying" than "dangerous".

For CI, you have enough ways to deal with it.
Grab the Unique amulet, grab Unwavering Stance, grab "Heart of Oak".

That's the price you have to pay, while on the other hand you get insane "life" from gear.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Having to get your "life pool" all on gear means your gear will typically have less armor/evasion, which is already a big trade off.

I like the idea of CI, and I've played a CI character before, but I have no desire to play CI again after having to endure frequent, annoying stuns almost every single time I get hit. I don't think you should have to put on a specific unique item or allocate a specific keystone in order for this not to be the case :(
play ci cyclone, problem solved.
studying for GGG's C++ technical exam...
Last edited by ログよし on Jun 19, 2014, 6:42:19 AM
"
"
Vipermagi wrote:

why on earth would any CI want to grab life passives? thats the dumbest thing i have ever heard
Because you'll spend just as many passives to get to stun immunity anyway.

Grabbing Evasion is way more effective either way. Double stun gate OP
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
Unvawering stance needs to be closer to CI node. It makes no sense having it on the other side of the tree.
IGN: Reoxy

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info