The "I want to AFK and not die build" - Molten Strike

Level 70, figure after I ding 71, I'll go after Dominus (will plan it to ding on the way up) As that point will get me another +2 to max resists, planting me firmly at 79.

Current Stats:
HP: 4027
Chance to Block 61% (With TS Running)
Armor: Mediocre at best

Gear:
Spoiler

Current Tree

Next Checkpoint, Level 82

Mapping is going well. I've cleared all 66's save Orchard. (Haven't attempted yet)
I can clear and farm Library / Archives / Catacombs with no problems. Generally, I leave the Fire Flask in town, and run with the others, but I've swapped to the fire flask for a few things here and there (Corrupted Areas, Maps)

Part of what has kept me from going after Dominus, is trying to figure out what flasks I'm going to take with me for the fight.

Currently, these are my only "staunching" Flasks. I used them as they sit with my ST Scion in Domination to clear out Dominus, but I'm not really sure that this will be enough for the Duelist. The ST Scion could just smash adds quickly for recharges. I'm not sure that the Duelist has the same "Add Clearing Speed" with the need for melee.
Been a while since I posted. Landing back in standard, I went back to playing my Scion for a bit.

I'm 71 now.
Dominus is dead.
I'm mapping. Things are dying at my feet, and I'm generally pretty safe.

I did rework the build some.

I've been chancing every granite I can to get my hands on that new unique flask. I just don't have the currency to buy one, and my new sales post has not garnered any interest for the few "nice" things that I have.

Gear
Spoiler

I have a 2h'd 6s Sword that I bounce around chars to carry in the second slot right now, that's leveling up a set of Purity Auras.

Eventually, I want to run these as well, hopefully in conjunction with the auras that I'm currently running, I just have to get to a point where I have the Aura reducers lined up. (if that's even a thing after 1.2)

Stats..
4250 ish HP
4900 Armor
64% Block with TS up.
All the beautiful Life Regen
79% Ele Resists
-1% Chaos

Goals from here:
I'm currently blowing through 66 maps, just because I'm sitting on 100+ 66-69 maps, and I figure I will just run 66 until the XP blows, and then 67, and on and on. I'm not going to get too bent out of shape about running higher level maps on this char.

Eventually, I'd like a crack at Atziri, but I'm not sure that the build has it to kill her. I'm just not sure I could adequately deal with the streams of adds.

What am I on the lookout for:

Weapon. I love mine, I love the innate leech. But the DPS is a little low. I had thought about yoloing it, and hoping for the hybrid Phys %, but I have terrible luck on yolo's, so... New Weapon it is I guess. The problem is, 300+ DPS weapons seem to be just.... stupidly priced.

Unique Granite Flask Should be pretty self explanatory

New Unique High Block Shield A lot of people say that it isn't as good as crest. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. I'd like to mess with it, and see what I think of it, since I could drop the LR from Crest, and not be too upset about it.

Other than that, I watch the drops, am sticking hard to the chaos recipe, and looking to get to a point where I'm running nifty higher level maps, safe to afk and sit there laughing. Ok, so I haven't been able to AFK in maps, or SOG, or Lunaris, but pretty much anywhere else, I'm safe to AFK if I'm not just stopping in the middle of a giant pack.
i dont really like blogs, but every now and then i take a peak and its nice to see you progress and post how build is advancing. kinda makes me sad i didnt keep track about builds i've posted so far... anyway, looking forward to new posts, heres a free bump and gl with the build :)
"
ogrec wrote:
i dont really like blogs, but every now and then i take a peak and its nice to see you progress and post how build is advancing. kinda makes me sad i didnt keep track about builds i've posted so far... anyway, looking forward to new posts, heres a free bump and gl with the build :)

Thanks :) I never intended on it being a "blog" so to speak, but that's how it has turned out. I had hopes of getting a chance at build of the week, but i realized a couple of things.

I don't stream.
I don't think I could get this thing whipped into a "real" how to play my build kind of thing.
I don't think I'll ever get to Atziri.
I just don't play enough.

So I'll keep up to date on what's going on with the build, and if anyone ever does ask a Q, I'll be right here, ready to answer :0
Edited Original Post, to be more of a "build guide".
With Rampage previewed a little, I can say, that in the upcoming months (at least through rampage) I will be continuing to refine this build, as I'll be sticking in Standard. Here's hoping that I can get this thing fleshed out, and maybe try my hands at getting the gear pulled together to make a run at Atziri.
Updated Original post, some new gear, some new thoughts.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info