Invisible Flameblast from Magnus

ps: please excuse my poor english

Invisible Flameblast issue, this happen to both the Totem invader boss and rogue exile Magnus
since the beginning of Invasion league released.

When they are casting Flameblast, sometimes the visual effect did not shown on the screen and make it impossible to determine if the player is within or outside from the deadliest spell.

Yesterday I was killed by Magnus (1 shot) in this way. I noticed Magnus was there and I immediately ran to another tunnel (in Waste Pool map with no damage mod) thinking this should line of sight him. Then all of a sudden I heard a explosion sound effect of Flameblast and [Resurrect] pop up. I see no Flameblast visual effect fire-ring going on and I cannot see Magnus because he is off-screen.

Invasion league already 3 months old and bug like this shouldn't still exist in the game. This is ridiculous and frustrating, I'm not here to ask for reroll my Invasion char (Lv92) but I really hope these kind of deadly bug can be fix as soon as possible. If this cannot be fix can GGG at least add a obviously sound effect that make us player know that the Flameblast is being cast even WE CANNOT SEE?

Thank you
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
This bug is still happening (1 Month HC Race), almost died because of it.

If the bug can't be fixed enemies using flameblast should be removed or reworked to use another skill instead.
Any word on when this bug will be fixed?
+1, ridiculous bug
IGN - Unhost
http://youtube.com/nativisions
http://twitch.tv/unhost
I guess I'll leave this here

http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2boxz7/rip_5_hc1m/
IGN: Hobbit | twitch.tv/sfhobbit | Filter: poeurl.com/xZL
"
+1, ridiculous bug

no no, the net code is fine!
Almost nobody dances sober, unless they happen to be insane.
Bump, this also applies to Death and Taxes boss and the beyond bosses that uses flameblast.

Desync is enough of a "challenge" with these oneshot mechanics, having them turn invisible is a bit much.
Invisible flameblast is still a thing.
Died to offscreen Beyond demon.
I also reported this bug at least once. It's not just Magnus, it's EVERY enemy that uses flameblast.

It becomes invisible when you leave the area and then come back. It may also occur when it's cast far outside of the visible screen area. You then return within range and boom it releases on max damage without being rendered by the game/videocard. It seems as if the game optimizes it and refuses to render it when you get near it again.

A very dangerous bug and like I said in my other post: If you ever hate a teammate, just lure a beyond/Magnus to a zana portal inside a map and when your teammates return from the Zana mission and move they get instantly hit by a maximized invisible flameblast. Killing some people instantly.

Tip: Don't kite flameblast mobs. Just start another map/instead instead because their skills may turn invisible because of it. It's also unrelated to desynchs, lag or netcode!

But the worst thing is that important bugs like these are not in the known issues list. People have to find it out the hard way.
Last edited by silverdash on Dec 1, 2014, 5:35:58 PM
Suffered the same issue today in lv.74 "Underground River" map, flameblasts were invisible.
I died ~3 sec after I killed the exile because he casted a "last" flameblast just below his feet and I couldn't see it (just like the others)

It was standard and so "it's fine" (even if dying for a flameblast with 82% fire resist is... idk) but if something like this happens in hardcore I'm quite sure I will feel a little upset.

To help devs, I think flameblasts where not exactly "invisible" but that they turned invisible after they reached the edges of the passage (which are really small in underground river). Because I actually saw one of the flameblasts starting up, but then, after like less than 1 sec, it vanished...

Again, this will hurt feelings in hardcore, please fix it before the new leagues start.

PS: Ah, btw, I was looting when I died, it was a bit of a surprise, like "WTF???"
Last edited by smilzoboboz on Dec 9, 2014, 9:17:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info