Who is the Flamebalst Exlie? RIP level 76 4k hp level 62 zone

So I just got 1 shotted by an exile who I had never seen before in the Neglected Cellar level 62 in the City of Sarn zone with just a 1 additional Exile mod... no other mods in the zone. This is how I knew it was an exile. I didn't even see the exile, he killed me off screen. Didn't even see the FB animation until the pop and it was in instant kill on my Scion.

Level 75, 4k HP, Mind over Matter keystone, and 75% elemental resists. Was playing level 68 maps with no problems. Go start to farm corrupt zones and died to a fucking exile from off the screen.

Come on... at least make that shit cast FB on the screen not in other rooms 3 screens away. I think this one is a little overkill.

Edit: My level 80 fire Marauder cannot 1 shot level 62 exiles with Flameblast... why do you still have the 1 shot from off the screen mechanics in the game?
Last edited by IamtheAxeMan on Jun 1, 2014, 12:06:12 PM
His name is Magnus Stonethorn.
When I run into him I still have to run back to town for a Rise of the Phoenix and a Ruby Flask even with 77% fire resist.
Yeah he's a real ass, especially in indoor zones where it can be hard to get out of the flame blast in time.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
His Flameblast animation is sometimes bugged and invisible until it finishes channeling (looks like OP's case). It happens mainly when you are standing on stairs or other steep place.
Agreed with what was said.
I'll add that (even) with a caster (EK shadow with MoM, EBattery, 75 res) in my opinion the best move is, weirdly, to get close to him. I feel like he's casting less FB and smaller FB when you're close to him : he focuses on his totems.
Lightning Warp, Quicksilver Flasks and Conversion Traps (for his totems) really help.

I however wonder if he now is using the Vaal Flameblast..
The most annoying part is that flame blast circle desync so hard. You saw, you run/ jump out of the circle, and then desync back right in the center of it, then boo hoo, rest in pieces!
He hurts like a truck. I am hp/es based and with a 0,5sec channel of his flameblast he went through all of my 1,3k es in a 67 map with 0 damage mods(i guess it was a crit?). After going back to town and using a ruby though he was like a harmless kitten. Facetanked max charge for a little more than 2k dmg 1,3es and 500hp of dmg.

He also casts flammability so be weary of that.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Last edited by Pyrokar on Jun 1, 2014, 2:04:27 PM
There is really something wrong with him and the degree to which the game desyncs when he is around. It feels so absurd to run out of a flameblast circle only to have it go off dead center on you. I fought the flameblast totem boss as an invader along with a haste aura devourer pack and there was less desync than the times I've fought the flameblast rogue.
When I kill a man he stays dead.
The 1 shot mechanics outside of maps USED to be the Vaal smash or the Touch of God.... now we get an exile that will aggro a couple of rooms away and will hit you for full 4k hp from off the screen, while being 14 levels higher and have 75% fire resist.

I wonder if this is a bug?
I don't understand the point of 75% cap resist if that 25% is enough to 1hit ko. I saw colby cheeze almost got 1 shot by explosive arrow with 90% fire res and 5khp. If that 10% is enough to 1 hit ko, what are the chances of normal 75% cap resist characters surviving?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info