Updated Audio Reverb in 1.1.4 too dominant

I liked the reverb settings before patch 1.1.4 a lot better. It was a recognizable reverb that gave the sounds and voices some room without being too dominant.

Right now, when I fight Piety/Dominus it sounds like they´re speaking through some Karaoke machine microphone, the reverb is no longer just recognizable (which is sufficient for it to take effect), but it has become too dominant and overshadows the beautiful voice acting.

Regarding quality of life, I consider it to be a minor issue, yet not to be overlooked.
I would like the reverb to get patched back to its old setting, or at least pretty close to it. The sound design in this game has been awesome so far. Let´s keep it that way :)
Huge +1.

As a consequence of these changes, I've just disabled reverb.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
It sounds pretty awful. It is like everyone is speaking to me from inside a huge empty warehouse.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
I thought the Scion echoed a bit more indoors now....I thought she was perhaps just echoing in my head. ;)
So long as they keep the option to disable Reverb I'm indifferent towards changes to it.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Yup. Within seconds of hearing the post patch voices, I untoggled the reverb option.
"We were going to monitor the situation but it was in the wrong aspect ratio."
Interesting, its not a big issue from my end.

Could you take a look at your audio settings and give me a ball park position for your volume sliders?

Does this only apply to dialogue? or to sound effects too?
The audio guy.
"
Andrew_GGG wrote:
Interesting, its not a big issue from my end.

Could you take a look at your audio settings and give me a ball park position for your volume sliders?

Does this only apply to dialogue? or to sound effects too?

Music = turned off

Sound Effects, Ambient Sound Volume & Dialogue Volume are at 50%

And, what I described applies pretty much to Dominus´ voice acting exclusively.

I wrote the thread only a couple of runs into the new patch. At Lunaris/Piety, it´s stil recognizably more reverb than before, but I´ve already got used to it.

What remains is Dominus on the Sceptre roof. The sound seems to change with your relative position to him, sometimes he sounds "dry" (normal) but whenever the reverb is added, the former described effect takes place (voice recorded in small bathroom and pimped up with big hall reverb at 80% signal wetness, that´s what I meant with the Karaoke microphone).
Last edited by FeistyPeisty on Jun 2, 2014, 11:23:41 AM
Jup, the new hall effects are rather disturbing. Lady Dialla is the worst for me, I can hardly understand her any more. I look forward to her every playthrough :)
Also some player char snippets that are played upon entering certain areas are hard to understand (Marauder entering Solaris or Prison). Too much indoor hall effect.

Just a minor problem, but costs some atmosphere.
I'm pretty sure this is a bug, I haven't touched any of the reverb settings. but a few audio tech things were merged for this patch.

Our audio programmer is aware of the issue, and he will hopefully figure out a fix soon!

In the mean time, you might find that having the dialogue at a lower volume will improve the dry to reverb balance.
The audio guy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info