Tempest Shield effect feedback

"
Finkenstein wrote:
It's already bad when you dislike what you made but its even worst when you hate it and don't do something about it:)

P.S. The Old auras were FRACKING AMAZING compared to these riddler wannabe hypno disks.

Isn't this contradicting itself? The old auras were changed because GGG disliked it, so they did something about it. Why encourage Russell to change something and then immediately say how you hate him changing things?
Hi

Bunnu
"
sn't this contradicting itself? The old auras were changed because GGG disliked it, so they did something about it. Why encourage Russell to change something and then immediately say how you hate him changing things?

All GGG? I don't think so. Also GGG changed it amidst constant disapproval of the player base, the players prefer the old auras, GGG never asked for a poll.

I don't mean it to read as a damned if you do damned if you don't situation but I was trying to suggest that its good to be true to yourself first and foremost, if your doing something you don't like then why do it?, especially when you know it doesn't look nearly as good compared to the original.

Personally I love change I just hate changes that result in going backwards, wasting money or shamelessly setting up lame auras for more mtx auras which of course look better but next to the originals?hmmm.

Bunnu don't you remember how cool/original the old auras were to the lackluster new ones which promote/force players to buy MTX? I know GGG needs to make money but still...

GGG:How about a experiment? Set up the Old auras as free Promotional MTX to say thanks to all the players support thus far and see what happens, how many people do you think will use them instead?

To be human is to be a contradiction:)

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
"
Finkenstein wrote:
Personally I love change I just hate changes that result in going backwards, wasting money or shamelessly setting up lame auras for more mtx auras which of course look better but next to the originals?hmmm.

Bunnu don't you remember how cool/original the old auras were to the lackluster new ones which promote/force players to buy MTX? I know GGG needs to make money but still...

"going backwards" is an opinion though. The current auras, while pretty dull, were carefully made to be compatible with each other when stacked and use original art assets. The old auras, while they looked surprisingly good for the effort Russell claims was put into them, were mostly "i found a particle that looks alright, let's make it spin around. people will only use one of these right? Okay, I won't bother to make them look okay when stacked together then".

Yes, I remember and still prefer the original auras but I entirely understand GGG's reasoning behind the new ones. They were made with aura stacking in mind. They look dull because stacking non-dull auras can get ridiculous quickly. However, GGG understands that some people like flashy auras, and I think making new MTX of them was a good middle ground - not only do they have more effort put into them than the old auras, but players get the flashy auras they want and since it's limited to MTX users, GGG doesn't have to worry about 'stacking auras to the point of being a lighthouse' being common.
Hi Bunnu, good points as usual:)

Forums are built on opinions though.

Stacking auras was the issue? Thought it was more technical then that, interesting; I only ever had like 2-3 auras on back in CB and OB never really noted a problem but I guess if you had like 5-7 auras running it could be quite different, at this point it reminds me of my long standing question of: Wouldn't have been better to just have a cap on auras at the average players usage(2-3), then add a keystone by Templar that would add more auras? The 60% flat cost did nothing but increase the demand for usage of certain uniques.

GGG:Free promotion or charge a price for old auras bundle pack I would buy them, with the further changes to auras I don't use them much at all, not worth the 60%, so stacking wouldn't be a issue.

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
Last edited by Finkenstein on May 31, 2014, 6:12:59 PM
"
Finkenstein wrote:
Wouldn't have been better to just have a cap on auras at the average players usage(2-3), then add a keystone by Templar that would add more auras? The 60% flat cost did nothing but increase the demand for usage of certain uniques.

GGG:Free promotion or charge a price for old auras bundle pack I would buy them, with the further changes to auras I don't use them much at all, not worth the 60%, so stacking wouldn't be a issue.

cheers

Maybe, but that's a discussion for the gameplay sections of the forum; the artists have to work with what we have now, and aura stacking is what we have now.

I think GGG is hesitant to release the old auras as microtransactions because there'd probably be a huge amount of people accusing them of money-grubbing and removing them with the sole intent to charge for them later.
"
Bunnu wrote:
"
Finkenstein wrote:
Wouldn't have been better to just have a cap on auras at the average players usage(2-3), then add a keystone by Templar that would add more auras? The 60% flat cost did nothing but increase the demand for usage of certain uniques.

cheers

Maybe, but that's a discussion for the gameplay sections of the forum; the artists have to work with what we have now, and aura stacking is what we have now.

I think GGG is hesitant to release the old auras as microtransactions because there'd probably be a huge amount of people accusing them of money-grubbing and removing them with the sole intent to charge for them later.

Well we could sell them back but yes rage. Also we still dont like them. They were messy as. If you notice with the aura micros we try to keep them still quite sharp. As the old ones were fluffy piles of glow.

Again im not the biggest fan of the current auras but at least they are not world breaking like the old ones. Even with 2-3 of those auras characters were a huge glow pile :P. Btw I actually like Warcraft's and Diablos auras. Just with our current stacking we cant have those without breaking the game world massively. As iv stated in the past if we make auras more of a major important thing that you have to spec into to get a few of them then I would happily change them. However they currently are not powerful enough to warrant their old huge effect. They are good but they arnt Christmas tree good.
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
Yeah I really miss being a christmas tree. My I7 12gb ram gtx 640se never had a problem and I did docks with full parties...
"
Bunnu wrote:
"
Finkenstein wrote:

cheers

From what I have read, the old auras were removed for both aesthetic and processor hogging reasons. Putting them back as an MTX would just be charging players for making things worse again for other players.

Personally, I would much rather see auras lowered in cost and a hard cap (say 2) put on how many you could use. Otherwise, we'll eventually run into characters running 20+ auras and doing a billion DPS, and requiring 16 video cards to run at 12 fps.

moar, Moar, MOAR is the wrong direction.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
Russell wrote:
Well we could sell them back but yes rage. Also we still dont like them. They were messy as. If you notice with the aura micros we try to keep them still quite sharp. As the old ones were fluffy piles of glow.

I wonder if a poll from GGG would reduce the rage - something explaining why the old auras were removed and asking if players would like them back as microtransactions, and stating why they are better as microtransactions rather than being in the base game. I think some (not all) of the old ones actually did look pretty nice.
Hi

I think the thread was ''aura rage...'' Bunnu, I wrote on that thread way back with these suggestions- I am more calmer now then I was then on that thread lol-.

GGG: perhaps a another charity with old auras MTX, limited time of course, would love to snag the ones I really liked.

cheers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info