Tempest Shield effect feedback

I find the Tempest Shield effect too big, the way it looks is fine, I think its just a matter of moving down the half-circled area shown in the pic down closer to the shield and reduce the length of the light coming out from the center, and reduce some of the light effects circling the shield.

Lack of better words to describe why I dislike the current effect (other than big and clunky), I spent over 9000 hours in paint to better explain how it feels using Tempest Shield..

Spoiler

I know I'm not the first to bring this up, I remember several posts in the suggestions forum back in open Beta, all pointing out that it's just too big/thick.

Any plans to change TS to make it more 'subtle' or reduce its size/length?
"Please feel free to report any players you see attempting to acquire/sell items in trade chat." - Bex_GGG
Last edited by Sinzeek on May 29, 2014, 3:07:28 PM
NO! I love my Tempest Shield and it is the only shield effect we have, so I don't want it changed. If you don't like it, don't use it.
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
"
Wraeclastian wrote:
NO! I love my Tempest Shield and it is the only shield effect we have, so I don't want it changed. If you don't like it, don't use it.

I never said to remove it, just make it slimmer. It would look the same just not as thick.

I'm making a LS+TS Templar on Ambush, but after seeing TS in-game for the first time since Open Beta, I think my build will just be LS.
"Please feel free to report any players you see attempting to acquire/sell items in trade chat." - Bex_GGG
Hi

I would prefer if GGG added a tempest shield MTX such as Necrotic Tempest shield, shield would have a ethereal skull that shoots bolts from its open mouth when hit.

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
"
Sinzeek wrote:
"
Wraeclastian wrote:

I never said to remove it, just make it slimmer. It would look the same just not as thick.

I'm making a LS+TS Templar on Ambush, but after seeing TS in-game for the first time since Open Beta, I think my build will just be LS.

Nah, I like it the way it is because there is nothing else for shields. I think it looks good the way it is.
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
"
Wraeclastian wrote:

Nah, I like it the way it is because there is nothing else for shields. I think it looks good the way it is.

Nah, I don't like it the way it is because there is nothing else for shields. I think it looks bad the way it is.
My Templar loves it and will not see it wrecked by the likes of you!

This is one of the things we wish we originally made small. Then made this version as a microtransaction or something. However we cant change it now because the rage would be huge. 20 people posting on the forum that they dont like it doesn't mean everyone hates it. I personally dont really like it but again its not like its laggy or anything. Its pretty cheese but its not breaking the game to the same level the auras did visually. When I made the effect I thought it would be a buff you chuck on for 8 seconds that's really powerful then a cooldown. So that's the reason its rather large. I didn't expect it to be a constant thing.

I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
Last edited by Russell on May 30, 2014, 2:02:18 AM
"
Sinzeek wrote:
it's just too big/thick.

heh
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Hi

Russel
"
This is one of the things we wish we originally made small. Then made this version as a microtransaction or something. However we cant change it now because the rage would be huge. 20 people posting on the forum that they don't like it doesn't mean everyone hates it. I personally don't really like it but again its not like its laggy or anything. Its pretty cheese but its not breaking the game to the same level the auras did visually. When I made the effect I thought it would be a buff you chuck on for 8 seconds that's really powerful then a cooldown. So that's the reason its rather large. I didn't expect it to be a constant thing.

AAAAAAAANNNNNNNDDDDDD SO WHAT? You aren't ever going to make a shield MTX?

Get on that MTX making horse and RIDE!

It's already bad when you dislike what you made but its even worst when you hate it and don't do something about it:)

P.S. The Old auras were FRACKING AMAZING compared to these riddler wannabe hypno disks.

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info