Yamajac's Body Blower

This is the first build I really put together myself, so it's likely far from perfect. But the main goal with this build was to get as much damage out of a detonate dead build as possible. I wanted to carry 6 man teams through any map.

Passive Tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAecDxgQHBLMGDghnCfYSaRQgFE0UcRW4FxwYPBjbGYUaOBpVGmwbyBzcHpQfAiSqJa0o-ilPKaUqjS0fNsU22DboNuk8BT1fQzFFnUbXTLNOKlBHUlNVxlnzW69dxl4TYEthIWP9ZKNtGXF5cqlyu3TtdPF6qnrvf8aCHoKbgseDOITvhTKHZYgbi4yPRpBVkyeTOpYyl4WXlZf0muCcLZ2un9-hbaIAoqOnCKcwp4SsP6yqtQS2QbiTuc277b0nwBrB88hbz2XQ0Ngk2wvcV-Fz42rkIuoY6-7sOOxV7SDvfO-F8B_z3fcy-Ov56A==

We run around and grab quite a lot of fire/burn damage nodes in the tree. I also wanted to make it a point to spec into some nodes nearby some aura nodes. So you can spec out of some damage and into some auras later on, and run some more auras, if you prefer that.

Gear
Spoiler

Weapon swap
Spoiler

Links
Spoiler

Helmet:
Immortal call - Enduring Cry - Enfeeble - Increased Duration

Chest:
Chance to Ignite - Detonate Dead - Elemental Proliferation - Fire Penetration - Concentrated effect

Sceptre:
Raise Zombie - Cast When Damage Taken - Minion Life (all max level)

Shield:
Faster Casting - Arctic Armor - Portal

Gloves:
Faster Casting - Lightning Warp - Desecrate - Reduced Duration

Shoes:
Reduced Mana - Clarity - Purity of Fire - discipline

For the bandits, help oak / kill all / kill all.

I'm unable to cap my resists right now, so I put a couple points into some resist nodes in the tree. This tree runs past quite a few resist nodes, so you can grab them if you're having trouble. They're far more inefficient though, so don't rely on them.

The Saffel's Frame is pretty much required, and Purity of Fire is an absolute must. Reflect is a pain in the ass with all this damage. Reflect maps are absolutely out of the question.

You can get a rise of the phoenix instead of the Saffel's, but it's more expensive and I quite like the spell block and the all resist on saffel's.

Gearing on this build is fairly simple, and actually fairly cheap.

This helmet here can carry this build quite far. Throw in DD, Chance to ignite, Increased AOE and Elemental Proliferation, and you'll do plenty of damage. Carcass jack does not need to be five linked, at all. You can get by with a 2 link carcass jack even, easy.

In the future, I plan to upgrade my rings to get some cast speed, and I'm desperately trying to corrupt amulets to get an extra curse. Getting mana regen on rings and amulets would allow me to get rid of discipline, and run grace instead, which would give me some extra survivability.

Overall, this build does a TONNE of damage. But you die a lot. I wouldn't recommend it for hardcore, but it's certainly fun in softcore.

100% free atziri service - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1578145
Last edited by Yamajac on May 27, 2014, 3:35:12 AM
The tree is really unefficient. It'll needs level 100 to finally get to MoM because you insist in picking up Arsonist and go aaaaalllllll the way down the bottom.
Try something like that which only needs 100 points (for more damage pick up the remaining fire nodes in the templar and witch tree):
100 points build

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info