4-months about to end. Lets brainstorm some keystones we would like to see

I enjoy most of the skill tree as it is. It has a lot of "somewhat" balanced stones that gives every exile the basic stats they need to create a bland toon. The few major build defining keystones, like CI and blood magic etc. are the only "wacky" points that lets the players imagination flow, this creates great and fun build for casuals and hardcore's alike. I for one would like to see more of these, therefore i'd like to let everyone reading this post follow my lead and brainstorm some creative Keystones, for whoever might see and find inspiration that might make it to the game

1. Deadly moves

Spoiler
Critical strike chance has no effect, every third consecutive melee hit results in an automatic critical hit

Pros: Meant for elemental blender'ish style of build, basically gives the user 33% Crit chance and allows shock stacks to build up with less of a random aspect.

Cons: Abandons the chance for critical strike on the first 2 strikes meaning if you have too high damage with each hit, you are going to lose Dps by simply killing, the creep before the crit occurs.

2. Soul absorption

Spoiler
Every dead soul on your path, overcharges your life points by 10%, of the max for 10 seconds (stackable) (would add the life over like 1,5 seconds and after 10 seconds substract it over 1,5 seconds)

Pros: Since it's part of the blood magic keystone choice, it makes it so the player doesn't have to forgo aura's after taking blood magic making it viable again. Since you basically get healed a certain amount with every kill, it creates a sort of the feeling of being under pressure to keep the bloodbath going and keeping ones health high

Cons: would still make the toon, fragile before getting the first few kills and also bosses might be a problem, i would argue this creates a gameplay where you have to wait for boss adds and kill them before you engage the boss.

i expect this keystone would create a new game play style in game, a building climax, instead of a monotone powerlevel. it'll make you weaker when you enter the instance/map, but when you begin to build up overcharge, you will be able to take increasingly higher life procentage's for damage auras etc. and in the end be a unstoppable beast

I hope you get the idea of the keystone :)

3. Blood constructs

Spoiler
Creation of totems after the set maximum, reserves 20% of health. until said totem is destroyed (running into totems destroys them now)

Pro: creates a high risk/reward into playing this certain kind of totem build. allows highly specialized builds such low life. Overhauls the game play of totem characters with more kiting/movement.

Cons: Makes the character more fragile

If you have any yourself, feel free to write em ;)
Last edited by BunnyFountain on May 22, 2014, 4:38:25 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Iron Reflexes needs to be killed with fire and replaced with
Sever the Tie
You cannot be Debuffed by Curses
You cannot be Buffed by Auras
Intent: Combo with Blood Magic or Mind over Matter keystones to promote less aura stacking.

Also, this should be added somewhere, preferably close enough where Shadows actually have a hope of using it.
Arcane Foresight
Converts all Accuracy Rating into Evasion Rating
You cannot use Attack Skills
Intent: Give casters a reason to care about Dexterity.

Speaking of Mind over Matter, it should switch positions with Ondar's Guile.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
degeneration resistance. since some of degeneration attacks cant be blocked, dodged only mitigated by armor or resistance. (excluded RF)

similar to soul absorbtion, which i was though also before. its for es or hp. always degenerates depending on percentage amount you have overleeched (or maybe it starts degenerating earlyer like from 50% hp or es). for example: 50% degenerates energy shield per second of overleeched energy shield (it would be at start 100%, after a sec 50, after a sec 25, after a sec 12,5 of overleech es).

when affected by degeneration (debuff and blood rage) also add it on degeneration aura which damages all. (this would possibly increase claw damage if soul absorbtion would be included and would be more competitive with daggers, also vaal disciple would become necessary at boss engagement)

resist reflect
. this is currently a huge obstacle for many builds. would be glad to see it mitigated from 18% to 9%.

when insufficient mana- consume power charge to cast or attack
or secondary row other node- when skill cannot chain- consumes power charge to hit single target with 30% more damage.

when stun is rolled on you- consume frenzy charge to roll again also when your attack roll tend to miss enemy- consume frenzy charge to roll again.

when losing health very fast (lets say 40% per sec (including 1 hit attack))- consumes endurance charge to cast stun nova- 70% chance to stun enemies.

changed charge purpose
:
power charge doesn't provide critical chance, but increases damage by 6% (useful for incinerate), another node could be- 10% less mana cost per charge (0.9^charges).
could be more changes

60% less attack speed 50% more damage. yay puncture, poison arrow

energy shield recharge cooldown ignores small hits, but recovers at 50% rate. finally put to use es cooldown skillpoints. as for evasion- 10% evasion rating used to ignore and reflect small hits.

energy shield does not provide chance to avoid stun but stun calculation based on 70% of es.

cannot be frozen, but freezing hits works as puncture.

death's hitpoints
- 30% more life (red orb, es excluded) but while low on life, life regeneration aplies at 20% ratio, flasks doesn't heal or work at 5% and added life degeneration (lets say 5% per sec). (would be nice to see low life part in other color, for example dark purple). (hardens low life builds but increases life pool, maybe some uniques would be augmented for this)

that's all for now

Last edited by Andrius319 on May 24, 2014, 4:15:22 PM
I've posted this before (http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/935895), but here is a better place for it:

Budo master keystone:
Positives: Good bonuses to damage, chance to hit and attack speed for unarmed combat only. Maybe a boost to dodge as well.
Negatives: Significantly raised str+dex requirement on all gear. Or maybe -x% attack speed for each piece of armour you wear.

This would allow a whole range of unarmed characters, not just the Facebreaker + BoR we see now. BoR and strong armour should be very costly in terms of stats, so you can choose fewer dmg nodes.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

Speaking of Mind over Matter, it should switch positions with Ondar's Guile.

Why is that? Tho Ondar's Guile is mainly for RANGER and pure evasion builds, bow etc.? Why should it be next to armor/evasion nodes?
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"

I agree with this, i don't see any reason why fire should be the only element with an avatar.
Maybe put avatar of ice somewhere near the ranger, duelist tree and avatar of lightning near the shadow, witch tree
"
Manakel2 wrote:
"

I agree with this, i don't see any reason why fire should be the only element with an avatar.
Maybe put avatar of ice somewhere near the ranger, duelist tree and avatar of lightning near the shadow, witch tree

Endless loop issue though. Thats why we dont have other avatars.
"
Manakel2 wrote:
"

+1
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
"
Manakel2 wrote:
"

Endless loop issue though. Thats why we dont have other avatars.

no, that's not an issue, they actually can change this quite easily. they only need rewrite skill node's code. the only issue i see, they do not want to or they are not sure how to balance it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info