Article About the use of the word 'rape'

[Removed by Support]
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on May 22, 2014, 1:38:36 PM
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
Not? Share the wild, forced love with Brutus! Pics please!

Alas, my spare time inactivity requires me to be able to sit.
You won't get no glory on that side of the hole.
"
bhavv wrote:
Nice conclusion jump. I have no problem, with the use of the word rape in a sentance. Speaking or hearing a word in conversation doesnt imply any connection to that word.

What exactly are you suggesting in support of this article? An outright ban on anyone ever saying the word rape? How would that work with the western idea of free speech?

Free speech? When there is censorship all over the world?

I posted the article because i think people use the word too lightly and that people who got raped and want to play a game should not have to read it all the damn time. Such an experience is bad enough as it is, there is no need to keep rubbing in the salt into the wound.
understandable, but what about words like murder? You don't think that friends and family of a murder victim might be hyper sensitive to casual usage of the word? Do they not deserve an article expressing as much? Or is this more buzz worthy? It is a filthy act in a literal sense, but the word is one that evokes feelings of helplessness that, though very overstated, might be accurate. Conveying a sense of helplessness and being prey in a situation is not an attack on women that suffered sexual abuse. Just like saying your team got murdered in a game is not making light of the loss of someones life.
Hey...is this thing on?
Thread locked. Sexually explicit references are prohibited on the forums.
Has any exile really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info