[1.2.0] The Elemental Animator by Uber/theuberelite - Now with Dying Breath! (Witch or Scion)

This guide is being updated for 1.2.0! I now run this build as a Witch, but it can be run as a Scion.

This build struggles in Beyond early on if you're solo - I highly recommend playing in a party until you have all duration nodes.

Build of the Week video: Coming soon!

My Personal Video Guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMws477-cyE

Welcome to my Elemental Animator Witch/Scion guide. This build is a summoner that uses the Animate Weapon skill extensively and to a lesser extent, Raised Zombie and Animate Guardian. The damage they scale off of is from my Elemental Auras.

The clear speed of this build scales super well by having a second party member or by doing high quantity maps or running decent quantity on your gear. It scales substantially by having a crit attack based build playing with you as well (wander, crit bow builds, etc).

As such, this build is basically a hybrid Support/DPS character. It raises DPS in a lot of parties as well as being able to provide DPS itself.

A few people I would like to give thanks to:
Iao - The original mathematics and guide on the Elemental Animator, you can find his guide here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/548554
Nugiyen - Helped with the elemental animator and ran it back in Nemesis as well, displaying the incredible power of the build

Pros and Cons
Pros
- Super cheap to build
- Aurumvorax is usable, and the -20% IIR can be considered beneficial (more white weapons!)
- Extremely fast clear speed once you get moving
- Huge walls of minions can protect you
- Animate Weapon can't be hit by ground projectiles such as Spark, Lightning Strike, and the Tornadoes from Library boss
- Alternate leveling path or build if you don't like the build (can respec to Elemental Buzzsaw if you don't like it or Summon Raging Spirits as well)
- High level Arctic Armour!
- Full potential of Anger + Wrath through the power of Elemental Equilibrium... most bosses have curse effectiveness reduction, this bypasses that!
- Flask nodes are underrated and provide significant increases to survivability.
- Vaal Grace is a HUGE survivability boost to a team! You can trivialize most Invaders with this.
- Can eventually switch into the higher cost version

Cons
- If you're not careful, you can die very easily due to no IR, MoM, or block nodes
- Some people may have issues with Elemental Reflect when partying with you (LOL)
- Starting this build out is tough if you don't have a party. Solo viability increases dramatically as you level and if you get Goldwyrm.
- The above is especially true for the Beyond league. Certain Beyond mobs have a lot of AoE damage and are a struggle unless you have Vaal Grace or can burst them down.
- Life + mana regen gear can be very hard to come by, especially with resists
- SUPER momentum based - you don't get a lot of time to lose focus or type due to the duration of weapons
- Minions can die easily if you don't have high gems or someone running Purity aura(s) or you don't use Necromantic Aegis
- Your bar is so full that in order to use Vaal Summon Skeletons, you need to switch a button out on your bar.
- You can't just spam one key - this build actually uses every single key on your bar actively!
- You can do things like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLjZ01N8n9o
- Invaders with Cast on Damage Taken skills are dangerous (See Hard Bosses)

Videos
A playlist of some fast boss kills: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfYinqSyTVA&list=PLDPrJrqWsWz9EAcck8zuXZBDY1hEh9ysK
Olmec, the All Stone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSJJfIcrAt8
A quick video in a simple Shipyard displaying single target speed with 3 player life: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_Lxb2cwk7o

My Personal Gear sets/progression
Level 99.5 Gear at Time of Death in Beyond

Died to Tora mission in Palace, Vaal Molten Shell totems.

Level 96 GG Beyond Character Gear

Level 90 Beyond Character Gear

Level 84 Beyond Character gear

Old Gear Sets from 2 week race/Invasion
Old Invasion level 95 Gear

Level 90 gear in 2 week Ambush/Invasion - fairly budget

Level 92, end of 2 week race

Gear stats prioritization

Flask setup
1. Instant Heal Divine Life Flask
- Preferred Prefixes: Seething == Bubbling
- Preferred Suffix: Staunching
This flask is for removal of punctures on you or if you are in danger. You shouldn't need more than one and this shouldn't be used much.

2. Eternal Life Flask of Animation
- Preferred Prefixes: Catalysed > Saturated
- Required Suffix: Animation
This is my new preferred method of keeping minions alive alongside Vaal Grace. This is really helpful to healing. You'll probably use this quite a bit to heal minions.

3. Quicksilver Flask
- Preferred Prefixes: Perpetual > Ample
- Preferred Affixes: Warding OR Adrenaline
You can choose to not use a Quicksilver Flask and use something else instead. I use Warding because it means I'm rarely ever cursed from pack to pack. All preference.

4. Granite Flask or Rumi's Concoction
- Preferred Suffix: Iron Skin
Rumi's Concoction unique Granite Flask is best here, but Granite works too. We don't have a lot of armour, and this can help a lot in defense against Physical damage.

5. Resistance Flask
- Preferred Suffix: Warding
I use a Ruby Flask as the most dangerous damage dealers tend to be Fire Damage (Magnus + Igna Phoenix). Again, up to you.

Gear setup
GG Gear Setup
Weapon: Dying Breath, Coiled Staff
- This weapon gives our auras even more power as well as improving our curses and giving 18% damage. All around the best staff we could use, and losing a shield isn't a big deal with this.
Double 3L with a 6S on this replaces our shield + weapon.

Weapon 2 (Solo maps): 5L Staff with +2 Fire Gems, Cast Speed
- This is for when we have no weapons at the start of a map. We need this to start off the map until we have 3-4 weapons, then we can switch back to our Dying Breath.
Use Summon Raging Spirit, Faster Casting, Spell Echo, Melee Splash, Multistrike.

Helmet:
Stats wanted: Life, +2 Minion Gems, Resistances
Bonus stats: Strength, Dexterity, Energy Shield, Mana.
Best bases: ES > Armour/ES > Armour/Evasion > Armour
- We switch to an ES helmet with 3 offcolours because we want to max out mana regen and we shouldn't need to care about currency so much. It shouldn't take too many chromes.
Still run Zombies in this.

Rings:
Stats wanted: Life, Mana Regen
Bonus stats: Resistances, Dexterity, Energy Shield, All Attributes
Best bases: Resistance or Coral Ring.
- Be EXTREMELY careful if you have Dexterity on a ring as it may make replacing it tough. That said, finding high life with good mana regen on a ring is very hard, even though you can find it in a vendor. Make sure you check vendors regularly when gearing.
Now that you can craft life on gear, searching for the rings you need WITHOUT life is a very good idea.

Amulet:
Stats wanted: Life, Mana Regen, Dexterity
Bonus Stats: Resistances, Strength, All Attributes, Mana, Energy Shield%, +Energy Shield.
Best bases: Citrine Amulet > Jade Amulet > Onyx Amulet, any amulet works though
- Dex is huge for helping us use things like Vaal Grace so I highly recommend it. Strength is extra life, so it's always good. We really just need the mana regen for Arctic Armour and for summoning these HUGE mana cost weapons.
Remember that you can use Elreon to craft life on jewellery now, as well as Mana regen.

Chest:
Stats wanted: Life, resistances
Bonus stats: Armour, strength
Best bases: Belly of the Beast, Full Wyrmscale > Armour > Armour/Evasion > Armour/ES
- The unique Belly of the Beast helps a ton with our low life% from the tree, not to mention the Flask Life Recovery Rate is very nice - and on top of that, this helps our minions survive. Best in slot.

Boots:
Stats wanted: Life, resistances, movement speed
Bonus stats: Energy Shield, Mana
Best bases: ES == Armour/ES (opposite of your gloves)
- If you get Armour/ES on gloves, get ES boots preferrably - vice versa for gloves. You can get 2 armour/es pieces but you'll have a little less mana. AR/ES is for generosity wrath/anger, ES is for clarity + utilities.

Gloves:
Stats wanted: Life, Resistances
Bonus stats: Energy Shield, Mana, Intelligence
Best bases: Armour/ES == Pure ES
- If you get Armour/ES on boots, get ES gloves preferrably - vice versa for boots. You can get 2 armour/es pieces but you'll have a little less mana. AR/ES is for generosity wrath/anger, ES is for clarity + utilities.

Belt:
Stats Wanted: Life, Resistances
Bonus stats: Strength, Armour, ES
Best bases: Leather Belt > Heavy Belt > Chain Belt
- Extremely simple spot to fill. Shouldn't need much explanation.

Budget setup
Weapon: Aurumvorax, high resists.
- This weapon actually helps a ton not just because of the all resistance, but the negative rarity means more white weapons spawn! If you wish to use something different, a wand with cast speed, mana regen, +gems, etc. can be very helpful.

Boots: Goldwyrm, Nubuck Boots
- This build benefits from everything that Goldwyrm gives. The quantity is extremely noticeable, and the mana regen is HUGE in running Arctic Armour. Fire resistance means we don't need to focus on it as much on other gear, and the movement speed is self explanatory.
These boots aren't a necessity, but they're nice.
TIP: You can also buy a bunch, 4 link them, and try to corrupt for +1 gems if you wish - but this is entirely unnecessary.

Helmet:
Stats wanted: Life, +2 Minion Gems, Resistances
Bonus stats: Strength, Dexterity, Energy Shield, Mana.
Best bases: Armour/ES > Armour/Evasion > Armour
- I choose a +2 minion gems for my Zombies to survive better. Alpha Howls is more DPS, but it is unnecessary and I'd personally rather have the life.
Armour/EnergyShield helmets are preferred for the extra mana.

Gloves:
Stats wanted: Life, Resistances
Bonus stats: Energy Shield, Mana, Intelligence
Best bases: Armour/ES > Pure ES > Pure Armour
- I put my auras in gloves. Mostly just using this for the life and resistances.

Amulet:
Stats wanted: Life, Mana Regen, Dexterity
Bonus Stats: Resistances, Strength, All Attributes, Mana, Energy Shield%, +Energy Shield, Cast Speed.
Best bases: Citrine Amulet > Jade Amulet, any amulet works though
- Dex is huge for helping us use things like Vaal Grace so I highly recommend it. Strength is extra life, so it's always good. We really just need the mana regen for Arctic Armour and for summoning these HUGE mana cost weapons.
Make sure you check your vendors regularly. My current amulet at level 95 was an amulet I found in a cruel Act 2 vendor. I'm not even joking.

Rings:
Stats wanted: Life, Mana Regen
Bonus stats: Resistances, Strength, Dexterity, Energy Shield, All Attributes
Best bases: Preferrably sapphire, topaz, coral, or cold/light two-stone
- Be EXTREMELY careful if you have Dexterity on a ring as it may make replacing it tough. That said, finding high life with good mana regen on a ring is very hard, even though you can find it in a vendor. Make sure you check vendors regularly when gearing.

Belt:
Stats Wanted: Life, Resistances
Bonus stats: Strength, Armour, ES
Best bases: Leather Belt > Heavy Belt > Chain Belt
- Extremely simple spot to fill. Shouldn't need much explanation.

Chest:
Stats wanted: Life, resistances
Bonus stats: Armour, strength
Best bases: Belly of the Beast, Full Wyrmscale > Armour > Armour/Evasion > Armour/ES
- The unique Belly of the Beast helps a ton with our low life% from the tree, not to mention the Flask Life Recovery Rate is very nice with our low regeneration rate. Highly recommend it. Armour/ES 5 links are very hard to chrome to 4 red 1 green sockets, so that is why I don't like having that at the top.

Links Explained

Animate Weapon: Weapon Elemental, Increased Duration, Melee Splash, Multistrike
- Make sure you shift click when using this, otherwise you run up to the weapon. If you hold shift, this skill actually ignores line of sight to the weapon! This is your main DPS. The mana cost is high, but you have high mana regen for a reason. Increased Duration helps you keep your momentum high in maps, and quality will help even more.

Raised Zombie: Faster Attacks, Multistrike, Melee Splash
- Zombies are used to start the map off and add an extra wall of tankiness. A +2 helmet is used mostly early on in order to make the zombies have more life.

Freezing Pulse: GMP, Faster Casting
- Used as a directional skill for your minions as well as an Equilibrium debuff, this skill pulls out huge potential in your elemental damage auras. Quality your Freezing Pulse as soon as you can!

Elemental Weakness:
- Just like Ice Nova, used to debuff elemental resistances and do much more damage.

Flesh Offering: Increased Duration
- This makes your minions way faster and I highly recommend you keep this up as much as possible. This is not affected by line of sight - as long as the buff is running somewhere, it affects your minions. Use it on the pack you kill before you move to the next pack to keep up efficiency!

Vaal Grace: Increased Duration
- This used to give you 75% dodge + spell dodge for 8 seconds but has been nerfed. This gives 50-60% dodge and spell dodge now for 15.78 seconds now. It's still very strong to make sure your minions die.

Desecrate:
- Used to create zombies and corpses for your Flesh Offering if needed. You can actually keep this at level 1. Would recommend leveling to 20 and quality recipe this to 20 quality for the cast speed, though!
- UPDATE: I now keep this in an offhand as you shouldn't need to use this much.

Arctic Armour:
- Huge source of damage mitigation due to our low life regen but high mana regen, and no IR.

Convocation:
- If you don't have a 6s 5l to put your Arctic Armour in, then put this on weapon swap. It's easier if you can put it in your main set, though!

Vaal Summon Skeletons:
- This is great for leveling, but you'll ultimately replace this with Vaal Grace in the end.
- Pop this on bosses and invaders. Unlike the original skill, these skeletons don't seem to have the reduced elemental damage, making them pretty nice to surround a boss and/or an invader, causing a super fast kill.

Rejuvenation Totem
- UPDATE: No longer using this because it's not necessary due to the flask.
- It not only helps our minions survive, it helps us! This is also affected by Aura Effectiveness, which makes it super effective.

Animate Guardian:
- Currently not using, I believe this needs a buff.
- You can use this at the beginning of a map. Gear it up properly (Iao's guide has a great reference for gear) and socket it in your 5 link, replacing Increased Duration with Animate Guardian and Animate Weapon with Faster Attacks.
Fun Fact: The gear you have on Animate Guardian is tied to the gem. If you unsocket it, you will still have him on that gem!
Better explanation with a video soon - I don't even do this yet myself

Skill Tree Progression

Level 80 Trees
Witch Tree with Charisma: http://poeurl.com/yYrjx4Z

End Game Tree Variations
Current 94 Tree: http://poeurl.com/y0CMSqS
- Needed dex to make up for lost of Dexterity on gear. I chose to pick up another Zombie and Chaos resistance to deal with some of the Chaos damage Beyond mobs.

Old 93 Tree: http://poeurl.com/yZiZ1ai
- This removes Charisma. It's way too big of a point investment to get if you have the mana regen and enough mana to cast Animate Weapon.

Maximum Duration: http://poeurl.com/yYrmaZ7
- This will push you up to over 100 second Animate Weapons, which can increase DPS substantially as long as they can live. This is what I'm currently going for.

Life Flask Variation: http://poeurl.com/yYrm5Ct
- This makes your life flasks absolutely insane, but perhaps beyond what's needed. May be useful in using a flask with "of Animation" on it to keep minions alive

No necro Aegis?
Eventually we hit a point of killing so fast that we don't need it and I want to make sure we survive! It would be nice if I could hit some better defensive stats, though.

If you want, you can use it. Try and get a shield like this:

Life is not necessary, but the fire/light res is.

Tricks to take note of

- Convocation on offhand: You can weapon swap to convocation, hit it, then swap back to your main weapon set. It is on a cooldown so you don't need it 24/7 anyways.

- Convocation should be used next to the most dangerous enemies to make sure they die fast.

- Flesh Offering the corpse of a boss to remove a lot of the leftover effects. Crematorium Firestorms, Academy Tornados, Chaska Spike Rains, Rima Traps, etcetera.

Hard Bosses/Invaders
- Cold Snap Barrage Beyond Demons: Vaal Grace if you can, hopefully you can zerg it down in time, These can be brutal, especially if you get them early on in the map.

- Graveblood aka the Hailrake clone: This guy's Ice Nova only procs when he is hit, and it's literally the only thing he does that hits hard. It also has GIGANTIC AoE. Be careful if you have 30+ weapons, you might PK someone because it doesn't even seem like it has a cooldown.
UPDATe: Vaal Grace helps a TON, but WATCH YOUR LIFE. The Ice Novas go off like CRAZY when you have Vaal Grace up due to the lack of a cooldown.

- Shrapnelbearer: Just like Graveblood, he has Alchemist chaos bombs on damage taken, and it spins around him in a circle over a long period of time. REALLY painful, really dangerous to be next to. He is possible to kill, though.
UPDATE: Vaal Grace makes him a LOT easier. Make sure you use Flesh Offering on his corpse after he is dead to get rid of Chaos Bombs.

- Vaal Metalsmith: Every build finds this guy scary as hell. If you manage to rush him down and Convocate next to him, he dies FAST, but he does absurd damage with totems. Watch out for him.
UPDATE: Vaal Grace helps a bit, but he is still really scary, especially with bad positioning.

- Jikeji: You need 2 waves of weapons to kill him usually - 1 to kill the mobs around him, 1 to kill him. Rush in and get the weapons to attack him, then stay behind your stuff, keep up the Rejuvenation Totem. The Splash will kill the other totems eventually, and he will die pretty quick.
UPDATE: Vaal Grace helps that initial burst a lot. Once your weapons are focused on the main totem, he will die pretty easily.

- Nighteater: Firestorm hurts, but can be rushed down if you convocate properly.
UPDATE: Pretty easy with Vaal Grace now. Make sure you Flesh Offering her corpse to get rid of the Firestorm.

- Rain of Arrows Shocked Ground: This nearly 1 shot me in Shrine with no damage mods. Need I say more? He hurts, but in the lower maps you should be able to deal with him.
UPDATE: Haven't seen/fought him since I got Vaal Grace, but he's still so sketchy..

- Alpha Paradisae: Chaos overtime, multiproj piercing projectiles with rapid fire, huge heals with Devouring, Desecrate, what a pain.
UPDATE: Vaal Grace made this a bit easier, but the Desecrate hurts. Spam your flesh offering on his Desecrates if you can.

- Spinesnap: Very quick kill if he doesn't jump. Haven't had him jump against me yet. Not even sure if the poison will hurt weapons.

- Chas'ka, Maker of Rain: The Rain of Arrows is so huge its almost impossible not to get hit while still giving your weapons auras. When she enrages, she will hit hard and fast. Maybe possible to rush down, I just wouldn't risk it. It's more of a risk for you more than anything.
UPDATE: Vaal Grace probably helps, it's sketch though. Make sure you Flesh Offering on her corpse to get rid of any spike rains after she's dead.

- Konu, Maker of Floods: The Molten Shell HURTS when it goes off, and the burn ground instakills zombies.
UPDATE: Possible with Vaal Grace - Try to stay the hell away from that molten shell though.

- Summoner Exile: Minion Instability is really annoying, seriously. Blow up all the corpses you can as soon as you see her, stay away from her minions, you will need another wave of weapons to kill her.
UPDATE: I think Vaal Grace helps. Pain in the ass to deal with still though.

- Xandro Blooddrinker: Ick. You can potentially rush him down but he is annoying as all hell.
UPDATE: Vaal Grace helps a little, but still scary.

- Courtyard Boss: You're dealing with 3 bosses. One that teleports all over the place, one that hits all the time, and one that has a painful leap+projectiles. Dunno if this is possible without using Vaal Grace at least twice.

- Dominus: Lightning Projectiles are sketch, and I'm personally afraid of getting Touch of God desynced with the amount of minions I have. Always will be sketchy in Palace.

- Shrine Piety: Gotta try to rush her down and Convocate next to her for first form, but don't use Vaal Grace unless you purposely left mobs. After that, you'll need to rush down the 2nd form as well, and use Vaal Grace for it. Be careful of her ice form - if you stay too close to minions the arrows can shotgun.

- Crematorium Boss: Watch out for yourself, bring a Ruby Flask in this map. Convocate next to her and Vaal Grace and it should be a quick kill.

- Academy Boss: Easy for your weapons because the tornadoes can't hit them, but watch out for yourself. Use Vaal Grace for the blue pack in the room, then focus your weapons on the boss, keeping your Granite Flask up as much as possible so you can tank the massive amount of tornadoes. Watch your life though.

Leveling
Leveling as elemental spectral throw isn't too effective anymore, especially if you go witch. I personally used Flameblast with Chance to Ignite and Fire Penetration. If you can get Elemental Proliferation to add to it, it will speed things up enormously.

Rough example of a tree that would be good until you respec around 70-80: http://poeurl.com/yYrkEq3

FAQ

How I feel the skill can be improved
Animate Weapon is a great skill. That said, I think it would benefit from a slight rework by doing the following:

1. Add a 3 stack 8 second cooldown, much like Conversion Trap, that summons a weapon out of nothing. This would allow you to start a map and recover in a map if your minions die.
2. Decrease the amount/speed that the Beyond Archers with Cold Snap on Hit Barrage can hit with Cold Snap. It DESTROYS minions.
3. Make convocation have a lower cooldown or have multiple stacks to make all summoners able to compete with SRS - not even just Animate Weapon would benefit from this change. This is an issue with summoners, when you get stunned with Convocation, it is then stuck on cooldown.
Current IGN: twitchtvTheuberelite

http://twitch.tv/theuberelite - I stream sometimes.
Last edited by TheuberClips on Nov 17, 2014, 5:35:08 AM
Thanks for posting this. This build looks pretty sick in action.
Looks like a fun build, do you have any issues running certain mods on maps, and what is your clear speed like?
I've a similar build in Invasion at 87. There are a few key differences between our builds:

1. I'm using two specters for added damage. I snapshot, but even without snapshot I still like the added company. Tentacle Miscreations and Chimerals benefit from the auras as well. Thanks for pointing that out to me on your stream ^_^
2. My tree path takes me down to Mind over Matter. In addition to using Arctic Armour, it is nice to have some additional damage mitigation from MoM.
3. Personally I don't think you need to go overboard with all the reserve mana auras, and instead it might be better to stack up on life at the wheel of life.

Pros and Cons of the build from my perspective:

1. You can really stack up on IIR/Chaos res/Mana Regen/Mana or whatever you like.
2. Your weapon really doesn't matter, so you can get more mana regen or resists from the weapon.
3. If you have no animated weapons, you are going to struggle a lot. Your damage potential is cyclical while playing a map. You start off a little weak, you get really strong (if you have 7+ weapons animated), and then your weapons die again.
4. You spend a lot of time farming for weapons.
5. If you were to play with another animator, you two will be fighting for weapons to animate.
6. It feels great in party.
7. The build struggles against really strong bosses/invaders that wreck your weapons.

My Build
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAABkkIZxGWE2wVIBZvFy8YPBjbGYUabBzcHb4elCQ8JKonqSj6Kk0qmCzpL281kjbpOuE8jj8nQYdEBEWdSVFKfUrITblVxlXWV8lZbVptWpFbr1-YZOdnoGqsbBZuqnC7dPF6qn_GgKSCHoLHg9uFMoVgh3aIQIjxj0aQM5Mnkzqa4Juhna6io6aspwinXKh9qsSsP7QMtfK3PriTvSe_l8HzyT3MvM5xz2XQ0NP72QvZE9sL3FfdDeNq6rrr7vF28h7yRfPd99f56PqA-tL8S_zF_go=

My Gear
Spoiler

For anyone who has not tried this build, I'd agree that it is very fun and very impressive. Its not as flash as some builds, but when it gets going it gets going. And as you can see, you can vary it a lot. Thanks Uber for putting this guide together!

GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
"
Karnivool wrote:
Looks like a fun build, do you have any issues running certain mods on maps, and what is your clear speed like?

Clear speed is great when you have the weapons running.

As this is invasion, I hate running any -max% maps, as well as damage mods, but they're doable.

No regen is pretty terrible, and half regen means I can do it but without arctic armour, and I have trouble summoning 10+ weapons at once.

Multiproj and chain can kill summons really fast so be aware of that.

Other than that most mods I can do pretty easily. AFAIK Enfeeble map mod doesn't slow your clear speed as it only affects YOUR damage.

Played this build into the 80s earlier. Easily the most enteraining build out there at the moment
Nice guide. Your rendition is definitely better than the original so I'd recommend it over mine. Makes me wanna play it again! I appreciate your thanks and linking back to the guide, by the way.

How much unreserved mana do you have at the moment? I imagine you can pull off linking a fifth support to Animate Weapon if you get the chance, such as Added Lightning Damage. I haven't played with the 10% chance to shock from full quality but I imagine it could be pretty good with so many minion hits.
same name in-game
"
iao wrote:
Nice guide. Your rendition is definitely better than the original so I'd recommend it over mine. Makes me wanna play it again! I appreciate your thanks and linking back to the guide, by the way.

How much unreserved mana do you have at the moment? I imagine you can pull off linking a fifth support to Animate Weapon if you get the chance, such as Added Lightning Damage. I haven't played with the 10% chance to shock from full quality but I imagine it could be pretty good with so many minion hits.

I have around 833 unreserved mana right now without Discipline, I'll be posting those defensive stats soon enough. It's approximately 40% mana unreserved; I have well more than enough to run another aura of choice, but am limited by sockets. Mana regen per second is 293.3 right now with 20 Clarity.

Yeah, the chance to shock would be sick, though I can imagine Increased Critical Strikes would do something similar, too. That can singlehandedly boost your weapons up to 10-16% chance to crit instead of 5-8%, and they usually shock when they crit, too. You do have the advantage with Added Lightning that each individual hit rolls, so melee splash gets an individual roll on each hit, and the same with multistrike.

I'm currently using a 5 link belly of the beast, but I want to get a 6 link soon (I have around 10 ex worth on the 2 week, and I have tons more on Invasion). I'll definitely experiment with the setups, but a 4 link works fine.

I'm also thinking about doing Guardian for the beginning of a map, then unsocket it when I have 5+ weapons. The Guardian is actually tied to the gem that you use with it, so it works fine to do this.

No problem on linking and thanks, I want to give credit where credit is due :) I'm really amazed no one has been playing this build - it does struggle on invaders that have CwDT (Hailrake, Shrapnelbearer, etc) but it's beastly. And Vaal Summon Skeletons, unlike it's Vaal counterpart, doesn't have the reduced elemental damage as well, making it awesome.

Also, I had this happen:

Last edited by TheuberClips on May 23, 2014, 8:30:49 PM
videos or riot
Every Class 100
Discord Alex22#8812 if u cant catch me online in Poe
"no one has been playing with this build"

i played a raging spirit/animate weapon variant on invasion before ripping at lvl86 to carelessness. could have reached 90 easily if not for that. certainly very viable.

problem is most players are too hung up on cookie cutter snapshot summoner or RF builds to care.

build is better with more iiq/players on map.

will have trouble with high aoe boss since they can vaporise your 30+ weapons in 1 shot.

other than that this build is great and fun to play.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info