corrupting blood

Players are still dieing to this? :/
I ran into a problem with corrupting blood on a daily mission from Zana, I have an Arc Build that has Life Leech and got my ass pasted to the wall . I have come across CB before but not as bad as this. After dying and losing all my experience level points I went back to see what the hell. Well It was a necromancer with CB and I noticed that every time I would hit it it would drain my life with corrupted blood so my theory is that if you try to leech life out of a corrupted mob you will pay the price.
"
mapofsd wrote:
... so my theory is that if you try to leech life out of a corrupted mob you will pay the price.

1.) Life leech works very well for countering CB while you are hitting mobs.

2.) CB damage scales with monster health pool. CB stacks from golems, or in your case necromancers, will drain your health much faster than CB stacks from say skeletons.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
The only time you'll die to CB is if you're not paying attention and just mindlessly mowing down everything in which case it's totally on you. And yea, it happens to me too occasionally.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
Game is hard. Face it. Corrupting blood, reflect, dominus, map bosses etc. If u cant handle it, search for other game. You have lots of easy casual games on market. Try them.

Corrupting blood - Click one button responsible for remove bleeding. Profit.
"
holocaustus wrote:
The only time you'll die to CB is if you're not paying attention and just mindlessly mowing down everything in which case it's totally on you. And yea, it happens to me too occasionally.

That's exactly what I did, I was more worried about the Elemental reflect mobs than the CB Necro, it sneaked past me and kicked my behind. Now I have all my flasks with the staunching affix.
"
morbo wrote:
2.) CB damage scales with monster health pool. CB stacks from golems, or in your case necromancers, will drain your health much faster than CB stacks from say skeletons.

Thanks for the explanation, I always wondered why sometimes I could get 15 stacks and regen through it while other times 5 stacks drained faster than a Catalysed Eternal. It's not explained in the wiki or any of the gameplay mechanics stickies. I had so many theories but I never thought of monster hit points!
"
Alea wrote:
"
PolarisOrbit wrote:
"
morbo wrote:

Thanks for the explanation, I always wondered why sometimes I could get 15 stacks and regen through it while other times 5 stacks drained faster than a Catalysed Eternal. It's not explained in the wiki or any of the gameplay mechanics stickies. I had so many theories but I never thought of monster hit points!

in hightest maps, some mobs combos (increase dmg map + increase dmg rare mob with dmg aura etc...) can make it seriously hot; especially for builds doign much projectiles (ex; incinerate, coc ...)

Just to clarify: CB does not scale with monster health but with monster "main hand weapon damage" instead.

This is why Alea correctly points out that all dmg increasing map mods increase CB damage significantly - increased monster health, however, doesn't.

Re: Necromancers and CB. Their "default" attack simply does a quite surprising amount of damage considering, and likely because of, how rarely they actually try to use it. This makes them dangerous mobs to have the CB mod on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info