ReverendBizzarre: ele cleave templar [6k life, 45k+ dps]

Hey Victor, I started softcore, but I thought it was time to move on, so I made this build, in hardcore!
I just want to know if my stats/gear is good enough.

I am level 52.

2.5k DPS

76,62,76,-20 resists. With Purity.

1030 armour.

2600 life

Gear:

Spoiler

Tree:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEswVbFE0WbxmFGjgdFCSqJ-0yiTbpOtg64TwFPC1N2FXGV-JZ81-qZp5s9nKpc-F35Xq4fNmC5IM4iPGKr4uMjHaPRpARkFWf36IAplenhKyqrpO3PsAaxBXE9sauz2XQ0ONq52PsOO988B_yRfeI-i760v4K_r8=
Hey Victor thanks for this great build. Having tons of fun.

Quick question: at Lv75 I have
4K hp
6K dps (don't use concentrated effect, my 5L cleave is linked to WED, life / mana leech and faster attacks)
13K armor with grace + determination
80/80/80/-30 resist

I have no problem at all soloing most maps. The ones that i try to avoid are bosses that hit real hard with melee damage, i.e. Brutus. Even popping a granite flask which gives me 32k armor he still hits me pretty hard. I've tried using a poison arrow off hand to kite him, it's def safer but it's sooooooooo boring and slow.

So what kind of off hand skill / weapon combination would you recommend to deal with these bosses? silver branch + poison arrow or rare bow with good dps + roa / la?

Also what do u think about swapping grace / determination for purity? That gives 4 max resist and would give more flexibility to stack dps / chaos resist / iir iiq on gear. I think my armor is decent enough for survivability and not helpful against the hard hitters

thanks again

"
fillfill wrote:
Hey Victor thanks for this great build. Having tons of fun.

Quick question: at Lv75 I have
4K hp
6K dps (don't use concentrated effect, my 5L cleave is linked to WED, life / mana leech and faster attacks)
13K armor with grace + determination
80/80/80/-30 resist

I have no problem at all soloing most maps. The ones that i try to avoid are bosses that hit real hard with melee damage, i.e. Brutus. Even popping a granite flask which gives me 32k armor he still hits me pretty hard. I've tried using a poison arrow off hand to kite him, it's def safer but it's sooooooooo boring and slow.

So what kind of off hand skill / weapon combination would you recommend to deal with these bosses? silver branch + poison arrow or rare bow with good dps + roa / la?

Also what do u think about swapping grace / determination for purity? That gives 4 max resist and would give more flexibility to stack dps / chaos resist / iir iiq on gear. I think my armor is decent enough for survivability and not helpful against the hard hitters

thanks again

#1. Are you using enduring cry with 4/5 endurance charges, if yes, proceed. If not, USE GOD DAMN ENDURING CRY. You are using enduring cry/used it and are still not achieving results. Proceed to step 2.
#2. Get more dps.
Your dps is too low to face tank the bosses.
I have 4k life and 11k armor as well. However, I can face tank almost every boss in the game because I have 28k dps. This means with my life, 20% Life leech and my base regen gives me about 1.2k regen/second. My dps on a level 20 life leech is leeching back 2240 life/sec. Way over the cap
However, with your dps, you're regenerating a maximum of 480 life/second with a level 20 life leech gem. For elecleavers, your dps is also your life.

Solution: Upgrade your dps.
1. Buy wakes of destruction
2. Get more elemental damage on gear
3. Buy some new swords (This is last because ele damage on gear applies twice, while ele
damage on swords only applies to that sword)
4. Get a 6L chest.

Ele cleave swords are extremely cheap, just look for swords with very high base attackspeed and high lightning damage.
IGN: TsuruyaNyro
Last edited by Suzumiyaharuhi on Mar 28, 2013, 2:01:34 AM
"
#1. Are you using enduring cry with 4/5 endurance charges, if yes, proceed. If not, USE GOD DAMN ENDURING CRY. You are using enduring cry/used it and are still not achieving results. Proceed to step 2.
#2. Get more dps.
I have 4k life and 11k armor as well. However, I can face tank almost every boss in the game because I have 28k dps. This means with my life, 20% Life leech and my base regen gives me about 1.2k regen/second. My dps on a level 20 life leech is leeching back 2240 life/sec. Way over the cap
However, with your dps, you're regenerating a maximum of 480 life/second with a level 20 life leech gem. For elecleavers, your dps is also your life.

3. Buy some new swords (This is last because ele damage on gear applies twice, while ele
4. Get a 6L chest.

Ele cleave swords are extremely cheap, just look for swords with very high base attackspeed and high lightning damage.

Thanks man. can you link your weapons / jewerely / gloves to give me a sense? think a 6l would be the easiest way to go - with a concentrated affect that would directly boost my dps to 10k plus
I have been using this build and I have to say, it works very welland is alot of fun.
At the moment I am lvl 77, farming maps with pretty bad gear.
Now I have a few questions, that might have already been asked:
1: Are the 2 Chaos-resistance points worth to pick up?
2: Is "Body and Soul" really good? (I have barely any ES and elemental resist are maxed)
3: Why not pick up "Elementalist"?
ign: Wutche
"
DeDeNoM wrote:
I have been using this build and I have to say, it works very welland is alot of fun.
At the moment I am lvl 77, farming maps with pretty bad gear.
Now I have a few questions, that might have already been asked:
1: Are the 2 Chaos-resistance points worth to pick up?
2: Is "Body and Soul" really good? (I have barely any ES and elemental resist are maxed)
3: Why not pick up "Elementalist"?

1.only if you really need them, want to run bloodrage etc, the final build does not have them picked up.

2.yes its 20% armor and 10% resistances, es doesnt matter on it, one of the best nodes in there, resistances matter a lot on the skill tree you always change gear, go in ele weakenss maps etc.

3.2 points for 10% elemental damage is not worth it, id rather pick up more life, armor or attack speed than elementalist.
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Mar 28, 2013, 10:28:57 AM
"
fillfill wrote:
"
#2. Get more dps.

4. Get a 6L chest.

Thanks man. can you link your weapons / jewerely / gloves to give me a sense? think a 6l would be the easiest way to go - with a concentrated affect that would directly boost my dps to 10k plus

At what level would you suggest to get unwavering stance if you start as duelist?
IGn Name: Spatten
Last edited by Spatt on Mar 29, 2013, 8:06:21 AM
"
Spatt wrote:
At what level would you suggest to get unwavering stance if you start as duelist?

I would rush unwavering as a duelist because of the live nodes there. For ele cleavers, there is a lot of traveling without reward, so I'd rush to each cluster of "live" nodes before going to the next, these would be the IR area, then the center, and finally the Templar. Grab the duelist life and armor nodes, then rush to IR and grab the life, weapon ele, and iron reflexes nodes, then journey to the middle, grab the life, resist, and ele damage nodes, finally take the long journey from the center to RT, Elemental adaptation, Catalyze, multiple life, and finally shocking blows.
Came into this thread expecting links to doom metal.

Expectations met, though I prefer Cirith Ungol.

Oh, and nice guide too. Heh.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info