ReverendBizzarre: ele cleave templar [6k life, 45k+ dps]

Blood magic vs mana leech on cleave is w/e. It doesn't make too much difference which you use. If mana leech returns enough mana for you that you can spam cleave, it is preferable just because it means you aren't losing health. If, however, mana leech doesn't let you spam cleave, then obviously you want blood magic.

As for elemental proliferation - it is okay in bigger parties. In small parties or solo you're better off with something that increases your damage output (conc effect or increased AoE) instead.

Putting static cost auras on your health pool by using the covenant or malachai's is a no-brainer. The OP of this thread is running a bunch of auras too (5 I think), he may have them all on mana, but if you don't have a big enough pool moving them to health is just fine.

Inner force or not is mostly about gear. Inner force is really good if your gear isn't so great, and gets worse the better your gear is.

Starting as a templar gives you more flexibility, all elemental cleave builds need to go almost to the base of templar, but if you start as a marauder you're pretty well committed. So if you're unsure, I'd highly recommend starting as a templar. You can figure out as you go what customizations you want to put onto the core build. If you decide you like Kripp's build, you can go down into marauder and you're only out 1 talent point (40% mana regen at the base of templar).
Last edited by magicrectangle on May 18, 2013, 4:30:14 PM
Thanks alot for you explaining :)

Also doesn't inner forcus also kind of scale with gear?

Atleast the damage auras like anger and wrath gains xtra damage from weapon elemental right? or?

Reason I wanted to go marauder is I think templar looks a bit lame with dualwield :D

Anyway......decided to go Templar since I already got one at 46 in act 3 cruel.
IGN: Zorkon/Nabiha/Nabia
Last edited by exile1985 on May 18, 2013, 4:55:03 PM
"
exile1985 wrote:
Also doesn't inner forcus also kind of scale with gear?

Atleast the damage auras like anger and wrath gains xtra damage from weapon elemental right? or?

%weapon elemental will scale up your aura damage yes. But the bigger damage scaling comes from adding +x-y lightning/cold/fire on jewelry and other items, which doesn't benefit at all from inner force.
Friends talked me in to making a farming char with them instead. So if anyone wants to buy sick tri-ele cleave swords look here :)

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/387721
IGN: Zorkon/Nabiha/Nabia
I'm sure the question was asked before but i can't commit myself to reading through the whole thread, so here it goes:

How do you deal with Vaal? If you get too close he kills you with one hit and i imagine with Cleave you have to get close to hit him.
Last edited by Malkor1 on May 20, 2013, 7:32:38 AM
"
Malkor1 wrote:
I'm sure the question was asked before but i can't commit myself to reading through the whole thread, so here it goes:

How do you deal with Vaal? If you get too close he kills you with one hit and i imagine with Cleave you have to get close to hit him.

Avoid the grounslam with whirling blades, you can see that hes about to use it like 2 seconds before it hits so you have plenty of time, fi your reactions arent quick just use temporal chains on him.
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
With enfeeble on him you should also not get one shot. If you do get one shot with enfeeble on him, you do not have enough health.

Obviously you should try to avoid it anyway, but if you have 3k+ health, and 5 endurance charges, and enfeeble on him when you hit him on merciless, you will not get one shot.
"
With enfeeble on him you should also not get one shot. If you do get one shot with enfeeble on him, you do not have enough health.

Obviously you should try to avoid it anyway, but if you have 3k+ health, and 5 endurance charges, and enfeeble on him when you hit him on merciless, you will not get one shot.

hes got 12k damage on merciless(6k phys+6k fire) on groundslam, 4k lasers and around 2k rocks, i say its best to just avoid it completely.
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on May 20, 2013, 2:13:06 PM
"
VictorDoom wrote:
hes got 12k damage on merciless(6k phys+6k fire) on groundslam, 4k lasers and around 2k rocks, i say its best to just avoid it completely.

As I said, you should obviously try to avoid it, but you should gear and plan to be able to take the hit. On softcore I guess it isn't a huge deal, as you won't be very high level yet so death doesn't mean that much, but a little spike of lag and you're dead, unless you can take the hit.

Of course now that they're nerfing curses on bosses in the next patch, I don't know if enfeeble will be enough to allow you to take the hit with a reasonably attainable amount of health at that level. Yet another indirect nerf to melee characters, weee.
Last edited by magicrectangle on May 20, 2013, 2:59:17 PM
Feedback/Progress report:

i started to play this char seriously when it was around lvl 20(before that i played maras/ranger, but as 2 of each class died in cruel, i decided to play a templer), it took me until i had the refund points from act 3 cruel to fully concur with VictorDoom's build. (yes, i had a pretty messed up lvl 20 templer back then)

now i'm lvl 67 and i just reached into the top 10k in the ladder

atm i farm city of sarn in merci

my gear......what should i say.....it is my first char in merciless, my first char above lvl 48, so some items are good because i bought them, some are good because i found them, but there are also some that are very bad because i haven't found any better yet and i still try to manage with a 4l until i have enough currency to buy a 6l.

relfect is no problem(yet)
biggest problem is when there is a rare which gives his allies "substantial extra phys dmg" combined with another which gives frenzy or "alies attack faster" (these two are almost the same i know)

my current goals are:
-getting a 5l or 6l chest with AR or AR/ES or AR/EV
- change the rest of my gear according to the new chest

Gear

stats
The following stats are witch anger, wrath, grace up

Life: 3252
Mana: 627 (free 289)
ES: 273
Cleave DPS: 2655.9 (with 39% Knockback and 4 Life gain on Hit)
4164 AR results in 38% Dmg reduction
(if i use Determination it is 6080AR with 47% reduction and 100 free mana)
Resists: 80% fire 67% cold 80% lightning -45%chaos (in merci of course)
32.5 life recouvery /sec
22.4 mana recouvery/sec

tactics
small packs of mobs i kill with cleave only, bigger packs with the use of decoy, great packs and packs with many magic mobs decoy+enduring cry+as many decoys as i need

since i speced mana flows i don't really need my hybrid flasks any more, my goal is 3 life 1 granit and 1 quicksilver ..... atm it is 2 life and 3 hybrid or 2 life 2 hiybrid 1 quicksilver, depending if i farm or quest

Why do i use Knockback? good question, i found it in twilight strand merci, tried it out and liked it....every second/third time i cleave into a pack of mobs or boss it allows my to hit a second or even a thrid time before they can hit me back....in this time also my life recovery has more time to recover more life and my flasks can do more work as well....but i will get rid of it once i get a 6l for sure

all together i have to say, it's a great build with a bit of a hard time around lvl 50. Also the creator VictorDoom deserves a big compliment for answering all the questions i had(and probably will have) via PM.

With my status report i wanted to contribute a little bit to this guide and show that it is completely viable with 4l cleave (until my lvl at least)

i hope i helped at least one of you!

greets
CrazyJ0hn

edit

-i forgot /played 3days12hours (now, not yesterday)

-yesterday i wrote that i usually don't use determination.....i tried it yesterday after writing the post....104 mana free(lvl up 68 yesterday changed it to 104 from 100) is more than enough, so i use determination always now

- i also forgot about curses/traps and still have gems like FP on my char....i will also change this!
edit2
if you want to track my progress.....click here
Last edited by CrazyJ0hn on May 21, 2013, 5:30:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info